Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

I just came to read how this book ended and by the looks not good.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

It is just sad how Kitty has been written. I honestly don't know why they didn't make Kitty's story be her coming up as a leader with Storm mentoring her along the way, maybe them having conflict because Kitty misunderstands Storm's training her as her trying to take the team back. All Gugg's has done now is made Kitty into someone that will need to get her position snatched from her because she has proven she can't truly command. And he has also made sure no one will ever touch Kitty/Colossus relationship ever again. Him having the nerve to even place them as a top X-couple was a joke.

Anyways, I feel bad for all the Kitty fans because I don't see her making it out of that 10 weekly with a spot on the new team. I don't see her running that school. I don't see her staying in that building. She will unfortunately go into limbo until someone can repair what they have done.

Gold should never be spoken about beyond the wedding the issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I
    Gold should never be spoken about beyond the wedding the issue.
    And also the introduction of Pyrostar and the sex scene with Iceman.

These are events that are unique and never happened in other X-Men titles.

I know there are some readers here who don't like Pyrostar but I disagree with them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Would they ?!? I mean considering their own past actions... do you really think that Emma, Jean and Xavier would not stoop this low ?
    Xavier has mind-wiped entire community before without their permission so why not Kitty?

I think it's silly that Kitty need to resort to this method when there are healers like that Elixir around and Kitty can also phase through his brain to get the bullet out.

Didn't she phase through Wolverine's skeleton before?

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Xavier has mind-wiped entire community before without their permission so why not Kitty?

I think it's silly that Kitty need to resort to this method when there are healers like that Elixir around and Kitty can also phase through his brain to get the bullet out.

Didn't she phase through Wolverine's skeleton before?
    Elixir is on Asteroid M with Magneto and its not like Kitty is aware of that. He is effectively MIA

Kitty can phase a bullet out but then what? The bullet only created the wound but there's no accounting for the brain damage and bleeding which her powers are ineffective against. Her pulling the bullet out may have actually killed him faster
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-19-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Fantastic Member

Y i k e s that OP. The salt for Guggenheim never stops flowing.

Overall was a better issue than most, if not all of the others because it showed Kitty succeeding and failing but it seemed to be doing them more intentionally than accidentally as has been the case.. pretty much every issue. Tbh, though, it would have made more sense to save the call to Piotr until after everything happened and leave it with her calling him while waiting—showing her vulnerable and showing a reason for it beyond “I dumped you at the altar but I’m hurting too okay?” Which is just.. not.. something I think really most people would empathize with that much. But a stressful situation making people realize mistakes they made and who does and doesn’t matter to them? That is more believable.

Here’s to hoping at some point the issues presented in this last issue get dealt with by other writers (though experience says they won’t be): kitty crossing the line when telling Rachel to force the doc to do what she wanted, the toll leadership had on her and the mistakes she made, the illogical actions with the wedding she proposed and illyana has never had an issue with before..

Or we will see them mostly forget everything in gold aside from the wedding and lack thereof and marrow won’t even ever get to make good on her earning about treating Piotr right and we won’t see the flip side of the juggernaut bar brawl Piotr got to deal with. Ah well.

Marvel still really needs to get its **** together tho.

I know there are a lot of mixed opinions about X-men Gold. Some of those opinions are well-deserved. I'm also not among those who is too surprised or upset that this series is ending. I think it has run its course.

But this final issue...it was pretty powerful. I think it once again got down to the basics of who the X-men are and why they're so compelling. It wasn't about killer robots, aliens, failed weddings, time travelers, or love triangles. It was just about them trying to help a scared and overwhelmed mutant while dealing with people who are genuinely afraid of them. It was a simple, but powerful story. If there's one issue that encapsulates everything the X-men stand for and who they are, this issue accomplishes that. I wish it could've been longer. I wish the ending had been more fleshed out. But it captured all the right emotions and for that, I think it's pretty awesome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Talk about the book, NOT about other posters please.

Mighty Member

My biggest problem with the hopeful ending of X-Men comics is always what comes next and I don't want to make this the individual book's fault. No matter what the merry mutants do in one person's run, the next run will dismantle it all to put mutants at the bottom once more. Let's throw in terrible future #10,000 while we're at it. It's not like we have an abundance of those.

The nightmare is finally over!

All-New Member

I think Googd did the best he could do with the characters he had. Sone funny moments, others no. But at the end good issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    poor Rachel, Kurt & kitty ....this series was misery for them. Hopefully they get a new Excalibur series
    DO we really want that mess of a series again given that while it did help them grow as character it sort of left them behind the X-men for a long time.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I found Gold to be pretty inoffensive as a whole at the end of the day. The only (I guess) long-lasting change it featured was Rogue and Gambit's wedding, which wasn't even Guggenheim's idea. Kurt and Rachel are back to being friends. Kitty and Piotr are back to caring about each other but not being a couple. Ororo is back to floating around in a team picture. The only real damage Gold did is that I seriously can't stand Kitty anymore, but all it takes is one good writer to fix that. Otherwise one can easily skip the whole series as almost nothing worthwhile happened in it.

BANNED

Between this and how Jason Aaron did the X-men: I would think that this is at least focused on the X-men we know and not some rejected new characters. So that is something, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    DO we really want that mess of a series again given that while it did help them grow as character it sort of left them behind the X-men for a long time.
    Rachel's never gonna get much focus in the X-men, so why not? Besides its 2018 and an Excalibur series isnt likely to have a 10 year run like before. It'll be lucky to get 2