Default Jesse Custer vs. Clint Barton

Jesse Custer (Vertigo) vs. Clint Barton (616). HTH only in the Khazan Arena.

Jesse biggest hand to hand win in my opinion was Jodie, who killed a gorilla with multiple wooden base ball bats (they kept breaking) and strong enough to tear a mans head off after snapping the neck.

Clint does have martial arts training as Ronin but do not recall him defeating anyone Note worthy on his own with that king fu. While Jesse is tough as hell, has good strength for a guy who does not really work out and fights as dirty as possible. Biting to escape grapples and would use kgazans sand given the chance.

Custer has probably has more HTH feats in general than Barton. I was surprised that there were so many situations where he chose to fight rather than use The Word.

Barton is almost definitely stronger, at least in the arms. The type of bow that he uses relies strictly on arm strength, and I can recall at least one scene where a muscular (though non-superhuman) criminal was unable to pull back that bowstring. Like many Avengers, he has been "trained by Cap," though his HTH fighting style seems more like that of an experienced street brawler than anything else.

Yeah Jessie grew up on the southern mentality that real men choose to som e problems on own, without a magic power cheat code. He had strong morality chain that kept him from spamming the word.

Plus in fight with Hodie he proved to Hodie their fight was met to be like men. Hence no Gun, No Word. Which made Jodie proud.

Aside that he always manages to win bar fights all the damn time and stuff like that.

Clontbis hellushy strong due to Using his super dense bow with such speed it’s akin to a gun, I give him that.

But has he ever torn someone’s head off casually? Jodie did. And Jessie out fought him hand to hand. ( Seriously, Jodies Arms in some art work is almost or on level of the Goon with gorilla arms.)