Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I really enjoyed the art this issue compared to the previous arc

Did Tony just hit on Rhodes ex girlfriend? Isn’t that half the reason they are fighting/mad at each other?

Do the Avengers normally have a chair person?

Anyway issue was solid, but I thought Namor was dead. Didn’t he get beheaded by some people from another universe? I still feel like Marvel needs a few years more before they use Namor and T’Challa in a story where they aren’t trying to kill each other.
    Agree on the art, nice and clear

The avengers do traditionally have a chair yes, they even had a charter signed by the founders back in the day

I can't recall the last time a formal chair was used it's seemed to be field leaders more recent years

the chair and field leader were usually the same, though not always iirc

I think in Mighty avengers, luke was the leader but spectrum had field command, but again not a traditional set up

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I thought they abandoned the rotating chairman thing some time around the time they started working for the UN in the mid-90s, but I haven't read an issue that said that.

In later years, the teams sort of formed organically and the leader was either the person who assembled them or financed them.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    With Jen Walters back to regular She-Hulk, can people stop complaining that it's out of character for something that's clearly a plot point?
    Hmmmmmm, seeing that you're on the Internet and you're wondering if people are going to stop complaining about something... I think the answer is obvious. ;D

As for my thoughts, I'm saving them. Gonna write an overview on Jen this year in December. Personally, I'm just going to say that I think that putting her into the bruiser role of the team is the least compelling thing one can do with her.

I am not crazy about the HQ but I can live with it. At least now when their hq is attacked their are no neighbors. I hope Jarvis does not have to clean it.

BP as boss is fine. Makes sense not to put Cap, Thor, CM or IM in charge each of their own reasons.

Plus I would not be surprised if BP leads the movie team by the end of Avengers 4.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Hmmmmmm, seeing that you're on the Internet and you're wondering if people are going to stop complaining about something... I think the answer is obvious. ;D

As for my thoughts, I'm saving them. Gonna write an overview on Jen this year in December. Personally, I'm just going to say that I think that putting her into the bruiser role of the team is the least compelling thing one can do with her.
    Yeah, I'm not saying I necessarily appreciate the idea (although once the opening chaos is over and we can see that there are moments she'll actually be She-Hulk and not Hulk, it's at least a little better). It's just that those saying that he's writing her out of character judged prematurely and didn't understand what was going on.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I thought they abandoned the rotating chairman thing some time around the time they started working for the UN in the mid-90s, but I haven't read an issue that said that.

In later years, the teams sort of formed organically and the leader was either the person who assembled them or financed them.
    The Chairmanship was still a thing when Busiek was writing the book, because I recall it shifted from Cap, to Wanda, to Janet during the course of his run.

I think it really stopped being a thing when Bendis took over and he had Cap and Iron Man spearheading the New Avengers (with Cap mostly doing the leading), and then Luke and Iron Man led their own Avengers teams after Civil War, Cap came back and lead the team while Luke kept his, etc.

So Jennifer produces more gamma than Banner? Too bad she and the whole team are going to get beat up in Immortal Hulk (judging from the picture Thor and Cap running away)

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Agree on the art, nice and clear

The avengers do traditionally have a chair yes, they even had a charter signed by the founders back in the day

I can't recall the last time a formal chair was used it's seemed to be field leaders more recent years

the chair and field leader were usually the same, though not always iirc

I think in Mighty avengers, luke was the leader but spectrum had field command, but again not a traditional set up
    got it thanks
    The J-man

Yeah, I'm not saying I necessarily appreciate the idea (although once the opening chaos is over and we can see that there are moments she'll actually be She-Hulk and not Hulk, it's at least a little better). It's just that those saying that he's writing her out of character judged prematurely and didn't understand what was going on.
    Well we did point this out at the time. Also there is a clear move towards Gamma Radiation having more of a horror tone over on Immortal Hulk, so there may be some cross title discussions going on. Especially when Aaron is seemingly setting up a dualistic model and the Ghost Rider archetype alongside the Hulk arcetype representing differnt aspects of the mixture between good and evil. In other words the underlying premise of Jen may be being redefined entirely in a push back towards the Hulk arcetype returning to its horror roots.

I enjoyed this issue. Starting to really like Robbie Reyes his training with Cap was fun. Glad Tchalla is going to lead this team. I like that we got an explanation on what happened to Jennifer, looking at the flashbacks and what Stephen mentions is that this new form is not the default but rather a release of the built up gamma energy she has stored (thanks to the Celestial). Anger like with most Hulks is the key to releasing it (which is bit easier these days for her). This new explanation also lines up her other appearances where she is looking like her old self. As for embracing this new power Jen said she was still in control somewhat unlike the grey form which she had less control of, this may backfire down the line but we'll see. I am liking the relationship that is developing with Jen and Thor and interested to see where it goes. If at some point she does lose control then Thor will be the one to calm her down.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well we did point this out at the time.
    Sure, but people who hated the idea tended to dismiss our arguing this as speculation. Now it's directly supported in the text.

I really enjoyed this issue and personally, I think it's easily the best of the series so far. I'm glad Aaron chose to finally slow this issue down and focus on the team interactions and dynamics instead of constant mindless action sequences. We got some good teases for upcoming arcs (NAMOR!!!!) and I LOVE the new headquarters. Besides Marquez making it look absolutely gorgeous, it's a refreshing change from the mansion or tower. I'm eager to see who the next teammate joining the Avengers will be. The only negative I have is still She-Hulk, and while we have a reasoning for her change now, I'm just not into this take on her as she's written like a carbon copy of Banner Hulk. But I'm liking the relationship developing between Thor and She-Hulk. Anyway, big improvement over previous issues.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    The headquarter is stupid, I would have rather they returned to the mansion (hopefully another decent Avengers group will appear to take it)
    When we've already seen a giant floating Celestial head used as Knowhere, a whole body is way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    And the "romance scene" in this issue was just one panel and it had a cute line from Jen as she observes that even Gods can blush.
    Jen, having had her share of fun with Hercules, is experienced in noting such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I was referring to the dialogue, not to the art. That dialogue is more awful than a saturday morning cartoon.
    Oddly I find myself imagining Thor from the Super Hero Squad show as I was reading his dialog here.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The art is really good, loved the way they drew Robbie and Jen.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Anyone else think Wolverine is going to join the team as the 8th member for a bit?
    We need better comics