Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

how many stories high is the celestial/mountain?

how difficult will it be to retrofit everything?

Is there a Danger Room?

What kind of vehicles can access the facility?

Will there constantly be a threat of "anti-virus" internal Celestial mechanisms going after the residents?

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I myself don't think it was intended seriously from tony

For me, that makes little difference, I find the joke in poor taste in and of itself
    double in poor taste since Carol was involved with Rhodey, and Tony knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    So Jennifer produces more gamma than Banner? Too bad she and the whole team are going to get beat up in Immortal Hulk (judging from the picture Thor and Cap running away)
    Yeah they are. Jennifer is going to get hammered. Bruce is going to disprove this myth. Looking forward to it. Thor got smacked around by the Juggernaut without mjolnir so I don't expect the classic Hulk vs Thor fight that has happened in the past. Should be a great fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

It's awful man. Thor running away from a fight like this. Obviously, current Marvel writers don't care about his portrayal and prefer him as a joke character like in on Ragnarok.

Ignoring that Thor in Ragnarok was also competent.
    Really? It is blindingly obvious that is not happening. Do you enjoy upsetting yourself by finding convuluted excuses to dislike stories?

I don't recall the last tine thor had a real good win
    Then you must have not been reading Avengers or Thor for months.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Jennifer is going to get hammered.
    Jen may not fight Bruce at all, if Al Ewing's tweet is to go by:

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/1021833390037913600

Al Ewing Table 27 Cmxlgy Tent 11.30-1pm Both Days
    ‏@Al_Ewing
    Jul 25

Replying to @Mbtoon05
    Bruce and Jen get to talk, and Hulk and She-Hulk get to talk. That's all I'll say for now.
    Thanks to comicfan298 who first posted this at Jen's appreciation thread.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Really? It is blindingly obvious that is not happening. Do you enjoy upsetting yourself by finding convuluted excuses to dislike stories?
    Honestly, there's so much effort to claim that Thor's being written like Hercules and the "proof" of him running away is him rescuing his friend rather than charging blindly into battle.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Then you must have not been reading Avengers or Thor for months.
    Oh the celestials thing

I'd thought about that but in all honesty I don't see that as his win, sure he was involved, but he didn't beat the celestials ( I woukd not economic too)

robbie was far more involved and thor himself said his power up was running out before the big win

the uni mind trick wasn't his win either, that was a team thing I was talking about thor alone, but even if I included this it wasn't his win was it

as for thor book, no I don't read that because I think it terrible drawn and written, if Aarons started to change how he writes thor no review has convinced me to pay any for there to give Aaron's Thor a try especially with the art the way it is imo, all I've heard is he again didn't beat the juggernaut?

as an aside your post came across as a little condescending, which I really don't appreciate, I'm sure I read it wrong
    Last edited by kilderkin; 09-24-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Jennifer is going to get hammered.
    Considering Aaron is building up a romance with her and Thor, you could say that...

Ultimate Member

Oh the celestials thing

I'd thought about that but in all honesty I don't see that as his win, sure he was involved, but he didn't beat the celestials ( I woukd not economic too)

robbie was far more involved and thor himself said his power up was running out before the big win

the uni mind trick wasn't his win either, that was a team thing I was talking about thor alone, but even if I included this it wasn't his win was it

as for thor book, no I don't read that because I think it terrible drawn and written, if Aarons started to change how he writes thor no review has convinced me to pay any for there to give Aaron's Thor a try especially with the art the way it is imo, all I've heard is he again didn't beat the juggernaut?

as an aside your post came across as a little condescending, which I really don't appreciate, I'm sure I read it wrong
    To be fair, it did seem that Thor did beat the Juggernaut but off panel.

Oh the celestials thing

I'd thought about that but in all honesty I don't see that as his win, sure he was involved, but he didn't beat the celestials
    You know that's how team books work right? The team, including your favourite character take down the bad guys. If you don't count that as a win for your character you may as well stop counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Honestly, there's so much effort to claim that Thor's being written like Hercules and the "proof" of him running away is him rescuing his friend rather than charging blindly into battle.
    It is somewhat droll how people cling to these things.

Stop the press! If we look closely enough, character X is somewhat similar to character Y!

Hmm is it because X was invented specifically to be a foil for Y and as such is almost identical to them but with a few twists? Is it because there has been a long history of swapping out characters in team books with characters that have similar archetypal roles? Nah - it must be the writer doesn't know how to write them.

It is even more tangential in a book that is actually going to explore archetypes and their team roles, and has clearly begun that process. Every press release and review has mentioned this but again: Is the writer writing the characters in specific ways to appear similar to a baseline archetype for thematic purposes? Nah - he must just not know how to write.

If I squint I can understand that people like characters to be consistent, but honestly where are we supposed to draw that line? It isn't possible to please everyone with his kind of thinking. Except maybe always telling the same story over and over forever more.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-24-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    double in poor taste since Carol was involved with Rhodey, and Tony knows this.
    Exactly. I know we all have different opinions and I understand that it was meant to be funny but it's actually in seriously poor taste to me.

Oh the celestials thing

the fact that they even fought them is BS IMO.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    To be fair, it did seem that Thor did beat the Juggernaut but off panel.
    Maybe, it didn't read that way to me but I can accept it as possible

but if it was that was a trick missed imo

that kind of win would be nice to see