Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

BP is the leader. Cool.

I can think of 700 million reasons why it make sense

Extraordinary Member

T'Challa as leader makes more sense than the period when it was just assumed that Captain America should lead automatically (even after Sam took over the name). And having a leader who is from and lives in another country does open up some decent story possibilities.

Unfortunately I still find Aaron's writing to be well below what he's capable of. The Carol and Tony scene kind of exemplifies this: really simplistic, one-note characterizations with a really corny punchline.

West Coast Avengers is much better at doing comedy that doesn't completely trivialize the characters, so I guess I'll be hanging out there until Aaron's run ends and/or improves. (Which is just another way of saying that while I don't care for Aaron's cast, it's not the cast that is the problem. WCA has a really unpromising cast and premise but the writing gives the characters some dignity, so it feels more like a real Avengers book.)

I liked the issue. It was nicely written woth just enough action to set up the next issue without it being bombastic like the last Arc. I'm loving Tchalla as the leader of the team and hope JA comes correct like he did on SWaD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Thanks I've yet to read the issue, just some panels here and there, what's the general prediction on the next member? Who does Aaron like?
    Given that Aaron has said that the captions in #6 that referenced various corners of the MU are portents of things to come, one can guess that we might be getting Iron Fist and/or Moon Knight jumping in at some point. Maybe Jean Grey, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I liked the issue. It was nicely written woth just enough action to set up the next issue without it being bombastic like the last Arc. I'm loving Tchalla as the leader of the team and hope JA comes correct like he did on SWaD
    This should have been like issue #2 or something.

leave that huge celestial thing for later
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It's been a small improvement over mediocre and shitty first arc, but it's still has lots of issues. West Coast Avengers #2 was by far much much better (even with Quentin Quire's pressence lmao)
    I'm enjoying both books and am glad that we've got two very distinctly different flavors of Avengers out there.

The dialogue of Ghost Rider and Captain America is too lame, both look like they have escaped from a bad 90's saturday cartoon.
    Don't see that myself. Marquez is incapable of drawing anything that looks "bad" in any respect.

As for the dialogue, Cap is always a little corny and Robbie's still a high schooler and is well aware of how painfully corny he sounds when he's trying to trade banter with Steve.

The headquarter is stupid,
    Only if you hate things that are awesome.

I would have rather they returned to the mansion (hopefully another decent Avengers group will appear to take it)
    There is absolutely no good argument for going back to the mansion over the sweet new digs. It's like saying a condo is preferable to the Hall of Justice.

The mansion has nostalgia on its side and will surely house The Avengers - or some Avengers team - again at some point in its history but having them set up shop in the re-purposed husk of the Progenitor, for however long they keep this as their base, is definitely a cool move.

It's good to see She-Hulk back in her uniform, but I don't like the idea of her embracing becoming dimwitted, it feels too OOC from her. And that "romance scene" with Thor. Yuck!!!!
    Jen doesn't embrace becoming dimwitted so much as she embraces having the extra strength to fight the battles ahead. And the "romance scene" in this issue was just one panel and it had a cute line from Jen as she observes that even Gods can blush.

I'm tired of this idea of forcing Black Panther as a core member of the Avengers. There are tons and I mean tons of active Avengers that deserve that "title" more than him (Janet, Wanda, Clint, Pietro, Vision, Sam, Natasha...)
    There are plenty of Avengers who could also be chairperson, sure, but that doesn't make T'Challa himself any less deserving.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This should have been like issue #2 or something.

leave that huge celestial thing for later
    Well, the whole Celestial arc set up everything in this issue so it kind of had to come first. But I agree this was the kind of "setting the table" issue that the title needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'm enjoying both books and am glad that we've got two very distinctly different flavors of Avengers out there.

Don't see that myself. Marquez is incapable of drawing anything that looks "bad" in any respect.

As for the dialogue, Cap is always a little corny and Robbie's still a high schooler and is well aware of how painfully corny he sounds when he's trying to trade banter with Steve.

Only if you hate things that are awesome.

There is absolutely no good argument for going back to the mansion over the sweet new digs. It's like saying a condo is preferable to the Hall of Justice.

The mansion has nostalgia on its side and will surely house The Avengers - or some Avengers team - again at some point in its history but having them set up shop in the re-purposed husk of the Progenitor, for however long they keep this as their base, is definitely a cool move.

Jen doesn't embrace becoming dimwitted so much as she embraces having the extra strength to fight the battles ahead. And the "romance scene" in this issue was just one panel and it had a cute line from Jen as she observes that even Gods can blush.

There are plenty of Avengers who could also be chairperson, sure, but that doesn't make T'Challa himself any less deserving.
    I was referring to the dialogue, not to the art. That dialogue is more awful than a saturday morning cartoon.
    About the headquarter, I found it extremely stupid, what is awesome about living in a dead giant? What if it comes back to live? These are comics, there is a huge chance that will happen.
    The romance is sooooooooooooooooooooooo forced because the writer wants a fanfic of Thor/Hulk cosplaying as a woman, there is no chemistry between them (is much forced than movie synergy in comics)
    I'm not referring to T'challa being chairperson, I don't mind it at all. I'm referring to the stupid idea that T'challa is a core Avengers member, when there are more that deserve that place of being core Avengers (Aaron tries to sell the stupid idea that Black Panther had been always the fourth more important Avenger, he even admitted it in an interview)
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 09-19-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Jason Aaron has been promoting the false idea that Avengers big 4 is cap,tony,thor and panther since before this book started in his interviews. Not surprised he made T'Challa the leader. I don't think it fits him to be the avengers chairperson, nor I think this would have happened without his huge movie success. So I don't like it, the way it was done felt annoying to me, knowing the last time Cap, Thor and Tony appointed a leader it was Janet. But of course Jason Aaron doesn't know she exists.

I've said this before but I don't like that this is Avengers. Majority of the roster is so overexposed that I can't help but feel ver uninterested by this team
    they don't have a big 4. don't take out your anger on T'challa. he has nothing to do with Janet not being in the spotlight.

BANNED

Well deserved for The King...

Its about damn Time...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they don't have a big 4. don't take out your anger on T'challa. he has nothing to do with Janet not being in the spotlight.
    literally have nothing against t'challa, I was criticizing aaron's take on "the big 4"

anyways, I hope he stops writing Tony this way because he won't be single anymore pretty soon.

BANNED

I was referring to the dialogue, not to the art. That dialogue is more awful than a saturday morning cartoon.
    I disagree. Steve sounds in character and Robbie is trying to sound cool and, as his thought balloons reveal, realizes he's doing a terrible job of it.

About the headquarter, I found it extremely stupid, what is awesome about living in a dead giant?
    If you actually have to ask what's awesome about living in a dead giant, no one will ever be able to explain it to you!

What if it comes back to live? These are comics, there is a huge chance that will happen.
    Actually, no, there's zero chance.

For one, in the actual story it's stated that the Celestials left the body of the Progenitor there because there was no way to revive it. It's as dead as dead gets.

For another, it would only come back to life if someone decides to write that story. As long as they don't, the Avengers will be just fine where they are.

The romance is sooooooooooooooooooooooo forced because the writer wants a fanfic of Thor/Hulk cosplaying as a woman, there is no chemistry between them (is much forced than movie synergy in comics)
    Doesn't seem anymore forced than any other relationship. And as we've seen in this issue, the familiar Jen is still very present so her development in this book is not going to be just "Hulk cosplaying as a woman." And as their brief scene together this issue illustrates, there's a cute quality to their coupling that Aaron is building up. It's not going to be just Savage Hulk and Thor getting it on.

I'm not referring to T'challa being chairperson, I don't mind it at all. I'm referring to the stupid idea that T'challa is a core Avengers member, when there are more that deserve that place of being core Avengers (Aaron tries to sell the stupid idea that Black Panther had been always the fourth more important Avenger, he even admitted it in an interview)
    As time has gone on, BP has undeniably become more essential to the Avengers and to the MU in general. Why ignore that in favor of putting, say, Clint in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I disagree. Steve sounds in character and Robbie is trying to sound cool and, as his thought balloons reveal, realizes he's doing a terrible job of it.

If you actually have to ask what's awesome about living in a dead giant, no one will ever be able to explain it to you!

Actually, no, there's zero chance.

For one, in the actual story it's stated that the Celestials left the body of the Progenitor there because there was no way to revive it. It's as dead as dead gets.

For another, it would only come back to life if someone decides to write that story. As long as they don't, the Avengers will be just fine where they are.

Doesn't seem anymore forced than any other relationship. And as we've seen in this issue, the familiar Jen is still very present so her development in this book is not going to be just "Hulk cosplaying as a woman." And as their brief scene together this issue illustrates, there's a cute quality to their coupling that Aaron is building up. It's not going to be just Savage Hulk and Thor getting it on.

As time has gone on, BP has undeniably become more essential to the Avengers and to the MU in general. Why ignore that in favor of putting, say, Clint in charge?
    Steve sounds extremely corny. And I read Robbie since his debut in Ghost Rider and this is so out of character from him.
    There is no chemistry between Thor and She-Hulk, I don't find any of that at all. I really hope that the next writer breaks them up.
    Again, I don't have troubles with T'challa being leader. I have problems with the idea of selling T'challa as one of the most important Avengers ever, when there are characters like Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Vision or Falcon who have a much longer story in the Avengers than Black Panther.

About the headquarter, I found it extremely stupid, what is awesome about living in a dead giant? What if it comes back to live? These are comics, there is a huge chance that will happen.
    Did he say he was always babcore member or did he say that now it's going to be the big 4 given T'Challa taking a bigger stance in the world on top of Wakanda?

BANNED

Steve sounds extremely corny. And I read Robbie since his debut in Ghost Rider and this is so out of character from him.
    It's not out of character for Steve to sound corny, extremely or otherwise.

And I've read Robbie since his debut, too, and given that there's so little material with Robbie, it's not out of line for Aaron to have his own take on him. He's still very much developing as a character.

There is no chemistry between Thor and She-Hulk, I don't find any of that at all. I really hope that the next writer breaks them up.
    As they really haven't gotten together officially yet, I'm waiting to see where this goes. But this issue convinced me that there is potential chemistry between them.

Again, I don't have troubles with T'challa being leader. I have problems with the idea of selling T'challa as one of the most important Avengers ever, when there are characters like Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Vision or Falcon who have a much longer story in the Avengers than Black Panther.
    Many of those characters have already had their time leading the team. T'Challa hasn't.

And as someone who grew up loving T'Challa in his '70s appearances on the team, I feel like he's more than paid his dues as a character.

Other characters could well fit into the leadership slot but this is just T'Challa's time.