It seems that the upcoming Black Label comic "Batman: Damned" will feature full frontal of Batman (the digital version shown below will be somewhat censored). This begs the question of whether nudity SHOULD be shown in comics.

It's not as simple as objecting to nudity on moral/puritanical grounds. Some people may feel that all of a sudden seeing Batman's or Superman's genitalia comes under the heading of "too much information" in that it would be such a distraction that it would take them out of the story.

https://static1.cbrimages.com/wp-con...tman-penis.jpg

So, what are your thoughts on nudity in comics?

Do you have a different opinion about nudity in the following circumstances:

- for a lead male character
- for a lead female character
- for a supporting character that is well known (e.g. Lois Lane, Steve Trevor, Alfred, Perry White, Cat Grant)
- for a character created just for a particular story

For me, I think that the more I know the character, the more I DON'T want to see them naked. Also, if they are old, I don't want to see it: no sex scenes between Ma and Pa Kent for me.

Finally, I think that Superman is kind of in a class all his own and that nudity in a Superman story seems more wrong than nudity for any other character. I don't know if the character lends itself to stories with adult content, and I don't know if it's worth finding out.

So, what are your thoughts on nudity in comics? Take the pole and post below.