View Poll Results: is NUDITY OK in DC's BLACK LABEL comics?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! for ANY adult character including superheroes!

50 66.67%
  • NO! Don't wanna see it at all!

25 33.33%
  • YES! But only for adult minor/supporting characters!

0 0%
  • YES! But only for adult unknown/one-off characters!

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Grayson was shot in the head?! Is he dead? I mean dead dead as in comics dead which might last for an actual season or more. (bastards)
    No... they're turning him into the next Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man. This is just the first stage.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Not to mention that there had to be a reason many cultures took to hiding behind fig leaves in the first place...
    Not really a thing in reality.
    Fig leafs as lingerie are pretty much restricted to classical art, where censors painted fig leafs or similar obscuring objects over what they perceived as naughty bits in the original art.

Grayson was shot in the head?! Is he dead? I mean dead dead as in comics dead which might last for an actual season or more. (bastards)
    Not dead.

spoilers:
    He has an amnesia arc upcoming, so, yeah. Not sure why they thought it necessary, but that's the route they're going.
    end of spoilers

is it cold in the Batcave?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    is it cold in the Batcave?
    He was in the pool.

I think as long as it serves the story. I don’t really want to open up a justice league book and see them all just sitting there naked.

But the batpole scene definitely caused a stir and ironically it was character defining. I for one didn’t know batman was jewish til then. Good on DC for being(temporarily) brave

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I think as long as it serves the story. I don’t really want to open up a justice league book and see them all just sitting there naked.

But the batpole scene definitely caused a stir and ironically it was character defining. I for one didn’t know batman was jewish til then. Good on DC for being(temporarily) brave
    That's the whole thing, temporarily brave. I'm still wondering if issue 2 and 3 will have other risque elements (doesn't have to be nudity, maybe something else) and then have DC wuss out and censor it again.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Probably not, it was one hell of a great PR stunt though.

Still you never know. Maybe it won’t be ok today but in the next generation people will be more calm. I mean, the poll results on this are overwhelmingly positive

Astonishing Member

Did they have a staff (ha) meeting to decide whether he was circumcised? Sorry about that.

Marvel has had some pretty explicit issues. The sexual techniques involved with shrinking heroes was one example.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Do I object to nudity in comic books? No. Do I need to see it? Not particularly (especially in regard to male nudity).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

If it suits the story, ok. Being European I don‘t mind it, though in the past it was mostly wonen being depicted naked. As a straight male I approve it, but still felt it seldom necessary.
    Do I need the Batpole? No, certainly not. The same can be said for WW‘s breasts. Hints, as in the past, are enough.

Sure, I'd give it a read. That said I would hope such content would be kept tasteful; no full-on sex scenes or nudity for the sake of nudity for example.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

I for one didn’t know batman was jewish til then. Good on DC for being(temporarily) brave
    You don't have to be jewish to be circumsized. I would bet that most people that are aren't religious in anyway.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    You don't have to be jewish to be circumsized. I would bet that most people that are aren't religious in anyway.
    A valid point.

Edit - What the heck is this obsession with people wanting Batman to be overtly Jewish all of a sudden? The character has always seemed more secular than anything else, at least to me.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-24-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    Yeah most people get circumsized. It's not really even a religious thing anymore.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics