Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Waiting for an eventual Omnibus, Absolutes are too expensive imo.
    Yeah, as I said in my OP, I think I'm waiting for the Omnis also. However, I'm sure they won't come out until a few years AFTER the Absolutes are done.

Moore did Swamp Thing 20-64 and Annual 2, so that will fit into 3 Absolutes.

The current hardcovers vols. 1-6 add up to 1237 pages, but don't reprint #62 (which was NOT written by Moore).

That many pages can fit into one gigundo Omnibus, but given Moore's popularity, I'd guess DC would want to split it into 2 Omnis at $100-125 each. Again, I'd wager it'll be at least 5 years before these appear -- maybe around 2025.

Nope, trades (and the type of paper used) are just perfect for me.

Incredible Member

I will likely pick this up. I am currently reading this in trades. Have one more to go. Once they announced (or semi announced) the absolutes, I knew I didn't want to wait 3 years to get it all. Now waiting to see what the coloring/paper looks like. While I have grown to not mind the trades paper, I would still prefer something better.
    I also prefer a 400 or so page Absolute over a 1000+ omnibus. I would've picked 2 smaller omnibus volumes over 3 Absolutes.

Incredible Member

For years, I'd pop in here every few months and request this book. I'm absolutely picking it up and can hardly wait.

I am ABSOLUTEly getting it!

I just hope the material is presented well, because the trades look like crap.
    But it's an Absolute, and one of the most requested DC runs of all time, so I'm sure they'll treat it with the proper care - probably why it's taken them so long!

I read the stories years ago when they came out on the stands.
    I still have no desire to revisit them.
    So I'll be passing.

Astonishing Member

I will be getting the TPBīs of Swamp Thing by Alan Moore instead of the Absolute edition.