Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ABSOLUTE SWAMP THING - are you getting this?

It's advanced solicited in December, but it doesn't go on sale until June 2019, so you have time to save up if you need to.

Here are the details:

ABSOLUTE SWAMP THING BY ALAN MOORE VOL. 1 HC

written by ALAN MOORE
    art by STEPHEN BISSETTE, JOHN TOTLEBEN,SHAWN McMANUS, DAN DAY, RICK VEITCH, ALFREDO ALCALA and others
    cover by STEPHEN BISSETTE and JOHN TOTLEBEN
    Alan Moore’s legendary run of Swamp Thing tales is collected in Absolute format at last, completely recolored for this new edition! This first of three 
volumes includes Moore’s first Swamp Thing story, issue #20’s “Loose Ends,” a prelude to his haunting origin story, “The Anatomy Lesson,” which reshapes Swamp Thing’s mythology with terrifying revelations. Collects Saga Of The Swamp Thing #20-34 and Swamp Thing Annual #2.
    ON SALE 06.26.19
    $99.99 US | 432 PAGES
    FC | 8.25” x 12.5”
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8493-0
    MATURE READERS

I'm not sure if I would get it. I don't own any Absolutes, and I would prefer to have double the pages in an Omnibus format for the same price. It would go nicely alongside the existing Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omni that reprints all the pre-Alan Moore runs.

Still, it's nice to see DC giving this important series the best treatment.

https://static1.cbrimages.com/wp-con...1-cvr-temp.jpg

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...cember-2018/2/

I’ll be getting it, sold my HC’s (which I don’t think I ever got around to reading) last year when this was but a rumour, I hope it’s as good as I remember, ****, I remember going to comic shops all over to try and get all the missing issues, collecting was fun back then

Yeah I'm getting it. the omnibus version might not happen for another half decade for all we know, and I can't put off reading this run any longer. I would prefer 2 absolutes to 3 though
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 09-19-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Hell yeah!

It's an instant buy for me.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I’ll be getting it, sold my HC’s (which I don’t think I ever got around to reading) last year when this was but a rumour, I hope it’s as good as I remember, ****, I remember going to comic shops all over to try and get all the missing issues, collecting was fun back then
    This is one of those books that lives up to the height. I also went back and hunted down all the original issues. Most were between 1 and 2 books in the long box section. The first appearance of Constantine was a whopping 15 books at the time.

Sandman, Preacher, Hellblazer,,, this books sets the stage for them all and most don't do it as well. Seriously, forget the Odyssey and read some Swamp Thing!

I definitely want to get this, I'm just struggling with how to recoup some of the money from the trades and investing it in this new prestige format.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I am getting it. Picks up right where the SWAMP THING Bronze Age Omnibus leaves off.

stbao.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    This is one of those books that lives up to the height. I also went back and hunted down all the original issues. Most were between 1 and 2 books in the long box section. The first appearance of Constantine was a whopping 15 books at the time.

Sandman, Preacher, Hellblazer,,, this books sets the stage for them all and most don't do it as well. Seriously, forget the Odyssey and read some Swamp Thing!
    I really think I deserve some kind of reward. I misspelled, unintentionally the words 'hype', and 'bucks'. I can't blame that on autocorrect. Anyways, yeah I am going to get these. I love the individual issues, and the hardbacks. I think, the art alone justifies getting the big book. They should do an Omnibus though, the page size is really not that different, those Omnibus really blow things up. These books are going to be gorgeous and they are worth rereading. I just started rereading Supreme and even that thing kills.

I just opened the old hardbacks. They look TINY, and that's just because I am imagining how big and gorgeous the pages are going to be.

I didn't get the Joker Killing Joke Absolute, I don't think they can improve on the original old, thick glossy paper format from way back. How does that look?
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 09-21-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I am getting it. Picks up right where the SWAMP THING Bronze Age Omnibus leaves off.

stbao.jpg
    Knowing the Absolutes are coming makes me want this.

Getting this in a heartbeat. The holy grail for me - this is what changed everything for (American) comics

I will be ordering this when it becomes available for purchase.

Spectacular Member

Have this in trade and want a few other books first.

Amazing Member

Waiting for an eventual Omnibus, Absolutes are too expensive imo.

It's tempting, but I'll wait for Swamp Thing: the Complete Alan Moore collected edition.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-24-2018 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Made a correction.