Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think a good way to bring Sunspot back into the fold is to highlight that he is a successful businessman that has credible ties to other superhero groups.He could also be the financial backer to the X-men. This gives him the flexibility to have a prominent world in the X-men without him having to unseat any longstanding X-leaders to play a pivotal role. it provides the opportunity for Sunspot to have a important role in the X-men operations. sunspot could give intel on anti-mutant activities and select certain X-men to deal with it. Similar to the Domino side story in a annual they appeared in.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am disappointed that some of you guys are proving the creators right about X-men fans whining about not seeing their favorite character and they show a ridiculous amount of characters on the uncanny/disassemble cover. They could use 100 X-men characters and someone still make a post like this it is far too early to complain about this when X-men disassemble event is over and they have core book rosters and we have actually information then is the time to complain but we have no grounds to be worried about the use any characters yet because so little has been revealed that said

There is one legit Sunspot complaint to be had and that is X-force is made Cannonball,Boom Boom, Shatterstar, Cable ,Domino ,Deathlock and Warpath. I find that to be BS and yes you don't put together teams of characters by racial quotas I understand that BUT I don't think I have seen one fan hype for Deathlock on X-force. And that feels like a space that could have been used for character fans wanted to see. Now I am giving the writers the Marvel the benefit of the doubt I don't think Deathlock is staying around long so that will probably be another character at someone point relatively soon. Also they seem to have plans for New Mutants characters So Dani, Karma, Illyana, Sunspot, Cypher, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Warlock and Guido are around with probably plan in place.

It is generally to early to complain about Sunspot being used except that specific example mention which doesn't mean he is not being used.
    Bishop, Storm, Jubilee and Armor are the only POCs that seem like they are going to have any significant role in this Uncanny X-Men Disassembled event.
    Compare that to Jean, Psylocke, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Beast, Cannonball, Northstar, X-23, Pixie, Rockslide, Glob Herman, Madrox, Legion, the all white Four Horsemen of Salvation, and Nate Grey the Shaman who are all going to have significant roles.
    That's not a great ratio.

It's not complaining that our favorites aren't being used, it's pointing out a pattern that the X-Books have been following for a long time now.
    X-Men Gold had an all white lineup except for Storm. (Armor got added later but she didn't do anything)
    X-Men Blue had an all white lineup except for Bloodstorm. (the substitute team during the Mothervine arc was better but that was temporary)
    New Mutants Dead Souls had an all white lineup except for Rictor. (Karma, Dani and Prodigy were there but they weren't on the actual team roster and weren't on any of the covers or promotional material)
    Astonishing X-men under Soule had an all white lineup except for Bishop, and under Rosenberg it's just Warpath.
    The upcoming X-Force is just Warpath. (And Deathlok if you count the undead zombie cyborg)

There are other minorities who are being spotlighted. Iceman, Northstar, Mystique, Psylocke, Shatterstar, Rictor and nuPyro are all LGBTQ+. Magneto, Kitty and Polaris are Jewish (although Lorna seems to be going back into limbo). But from a racial stand point it's been overwhelmingly white for a while now.

X-Men Red, Generation X, Weapon X, and Exiles are the only books that have at least been trying on that front.

So yeah pointing out that in 2018 Marvel seems more afraid of showcasing racial minorities than they did back in the 80s seems fair to me. But you're saying once again we should just wait and see, and hope for the best without criticizing them to do better.

Nice post ⬆️⬆️

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    New Mutants Dead Souls had an all white lineup except for Rictor. (Karma, Dani and Prodigy were there but they weren't on the actual team roster and weren't on any of the covers or promotional material)

Rictor ethnicity is white probably South European ancestry. His hair and eyes are brown, no native south American have brown hair.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Rictor ethnicity is white probably South European ancestry. His hair and eyes are brown, no native south American have brown hair.
    He's from Mexico....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    He's from Mexico....
    Didn't the Spanish colonise Mexico in the past?

The native Mexican have black hair and dark eyes. Rictor has brown hair and brown eyes.

indigenous.jpg

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah but some Spaniards are pretty light-skinned so it's genetics-roulette.

This is a Sunspot thread; screw Rictor.

They honestly need to bring him back to clean up his "I'm dying" plot. And honestly he should replace Colossus for a while. I'm sick of Colossus.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 09-20-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Didn't the Spanish colonise Mexico in the past?

The native Mexican have black hair and dark eyes. Rictor has brown hair and brown eyes.
    What do you think colonizing entails?

A person can be descended from both the European colonizers and the Indigenous people of the area. It's not exactly an either/or situation after multiple generations.

Latino people come in various skin tones, they can be light skinned or dark skinned or somewhere in between. But they face a lot of the same discrimination in the US

What do you think colonizing entails?

A person can be descended from both the European colonizers and the Indigenous people of the area. It's not exactly an either/or situation after multiple generations.

Latino people come in various skin tones, they can be light skinned or dark skinned or somewhere in between. But they face a lot of the same discrimination in the US
    Lol your image.... priceless

Bishop, Storm, Jubilee and Armor are the only POCs that seem like they are going to have any significant role in this Uncanny X-Men Disassembled event.
    Compare that to Jean, Psylocke, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Beast, Cannonball, Northstar, X-23, Pixie, Rockslide, Glob Herman, Madrox, Legion, the all white Four Horsemen of Salvation, and Nate Grey the Shaman who are all going to have significant roles.

It's not complaining that our favorites aren't being used, it's pointing out a pattern that the X-Books have been following for a long time now.
    X-Men Gold had an all white lineup except for Storm. (Armor got added later but she didn't do anything)
    X-Men Blue had an all white lineup except for Bloodstorm. (the substitute team during the Mothervine arc was better but that was temporary)
    Astonishing X-men under Soule had an all white lineup except for Bishop, and under Rosenberg it's just Warpath.
    The upcoming X-Force is just Warpath. (And Deathlok if you count the undead zombie cyborg)

There are other minorities who are being spotlighted. Iceman, Northstar, Mystique, Psylocke, Shatterstar, Rictor and nuPyro are all LGBTQ+. Magneto, Kitty and Polaris are Jewish (although Lorna seems to be going back into limbo). But from a racial stand point it's been overwhelmingly white for a while now.

X-Men Red, Generation X, Weapon X, and Exiles are the only books that have at least been trying on that front.

So yeah pointing out that in 2018 Marvel seems more afraid of showcasing racial minorities than they did back in the 80s seems fair to me. But you're saying once again we should just wait and see, and hope for the best without criticizing them to do better.
    Your post is perfect. Just........even though we haven't seen it, I generally assume Santo's a brown Latinx.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I think a good way to bring Sunspot back into the fold is to highlight that he is a successful businessman that has credible ties to other superhero groups.He could also be the financial backer to the X-men. This gives him the flexibility to have a prominent world in the X-men without him having to unseat any longstanding X-leaders to play a pivotal role. it provides the opportunity for Sunspot to have a important role in the X-men operations. sunspot could give intel on anti-mutant activities and select certain X-men to deal with it. Similar to the Domino side story in a annual they appeared in.
    That was a really cool story and had him working in a black ops style capacity. Is he still dying from the M-POX? I know his powers had increased dramatically but were killing him every time he used them.

BANNED

WOW....great observation. LOL I didn't even notice any of that.......Yeah Your right. 100% right.

I wouldn't have minded them sidelining Cannonball to be a family man for awhile, and putting Sunspot in his place on X-Force.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    That was a really cool story and had him working in a black ops style capacity. Is he still dying from the M-POX? I know his powers had increased dramatically but were killing him every time he used them.
    I think he was cured of M-Pox but i'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Your post is perfect. Just........even though we haven't seen it, I generally assume Santo's a brown Latinx.
    I'd love that but I'm pretty sure that DeFilippis and Weir confirmed that he's Italian.