Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Where is Roberto da Costa in the Uncanny relaunch?

I'm so disappointed by the lack of "Sunspot" in the new Uncanny series. He has been a mayor player in the last couple of years, he even got to lead two Avengers teams, and now when he came back to his x-roots, he gets nothing.

Why is he so underused in the x-books?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I was wondering exactly the same. He is not on any of the Disassembled covers or the new to be launched titles.

It would really be a major loss if the X-Office is not using the last years. If there is one character who evolved a lot, it is Sunspot.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I'm disappointed. He's not one of my favorite characters or anything but given all the changes he's gone through the last few years, as MoS said, it's surprising that no one seems to be making use of them. Plus, he is a minority character in the books - not that makes a difference to me, either in positive or negative ways - but you'd think that with Marvel trying to push for greater representation in diversity they would use what they've got, unless of course the characters were completely lame. Which Bobby is not at all lame.

Bishop is already having a major push and the X-Books can't seem to be able to focus in more than one black man/woman at a time

BANNED

It's the same with Karma, she's not featured either.

It might be the writer has some discrimination against some races.

They really need to end the vicious cycle of not giving POC characters chances to shine in major titles and events. We can't always just have Storm, Bishop or Jubilee doing all the heavy lifting as representation.

If we can see Sam and Magik finally graduate to the main X-Men, why not Karma, Sunspot or Dani?

But yes, considering the huge push he got in the Avengers. It's sad the X-Office has done absolutely squat with him. Why people cried that the avengers writers actually got to write characters who the x-office never showed interest in the first place, makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 09-19-2018 at 07:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Bishop is already having a major push and the X-Books can't seem to be able to focus in more than one black man/woman at a time
    Sunspot is half-white but the ethnicity of his father is unknown to me.

Is his father an ethnic African or a native Brazilian?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Sunspot is half-white but the ethnicity of his father is unknown to me.

Is his father an ethnic African or a native Brazilian?
    His father is a black Brazilian. And for the most part, so was Sunspot, which is why he was all but racially slurred by his white school mates at one point, who told him that regardless of his family's money, he was still black and an animal.

So while he's mixed, genetically speaking he was more black than anything else, so one-drop ruling goes, many are gonna call him black. That was before the whitewash race change.