Default Tuk the caveboy susceptibility to mutation

2074D53C-96D9-4E6B-8B62-0218F5A6271B.jpg

So Tuk the Caveboy was a inhuman that the x-gene originates from and all mutants come from his linage.

Also all mutants are technically a sub species of the Inhumans

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tuk_(Earth-616)

Tuk lived among the ordinary humans, and his unique genetic code passed on to the next generations, increasing their susceptibility to mutation

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post

so tuk the caveboy was a inhuman that the x-gene originates from and all mutants come from his linage.

Also all mutants are technically a sub species of the inhumans

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/tuk_(earth-616)

tuk lived among the ordinary humans, and his unique genetic code passed on to the next generations, increasing their susceptibility to mutation
    fake news!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

I love how Waid just so casually reveals that all mutants descended from some blonde haired, blue eyed inhuman. Explains the lack of POC in the comics I guess.

But seriously, this is not what Waid is saying, as Selene (on of the first mutants) is not born until around 35,000 years later. I think the importance of Tuk is just why humans in general are so susceptible to gaining powers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I love how Waid just so casually reveals that all mutants descended from some blonde haired, blue eyed inhuman. Explains the lack of POC in the comics I guess.

But seriously, this is not what Waid is saying, as Selene (on of the first mutants) is not born until around 35,000 years later. I think the importance of Tuk is just why humans in general are so susceptible to gaining powers.
    This is actually what the tuk stuff meant.

So Tuk the Caveboy was a inhuman that the x-gene originates from and all mutants come from his linage.

Also all mutants are technically a sub species of the Inhumans

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tuk_(Earth-616)

Tuk lived among the ordinary humans, and his unique genetic code passed on to the next generations, increasing their susceptibility to mutation
    Also how would it work. Just for the sake of argument couldn't it just as easily be understood that there are a different types of mutants. For instance the only way this works is if the suggestion is made that all mutants were born from humans that were related to inhumans. If that were the case i'm sure we would have gotten one scene of some mutant's parent undergoing terrigenesis. Also it wouldn't make sense that the mutants who would have had inhuman dna were being killed by the cloud rather than undergoing some form of terrigensis be it successful or not. That's not even accounting for mutants born from humans with no inhuman ancestry. I guess there was a story about proto mutants though. Maybe they would fit as here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also how would it work. Just for the sake of argument couldn't it just as easily be understood that there are a different types of mutants. For instance the only way this works is if the suggestion is made that all mutants were born from humans that were related to inhumans. If that were the case i'm sure we would have gotten one scene of some mutant's parent undergoing terrigenesis. Also it wouldn't make sense that the mutants who would have had inhuman dna were being killed by the cloud rather than undergoing some form of terrigensis be it successful or not. That's not even accounting for mutants born from humans with no inhuman ancestry. I guess there was a story about proto mutants though. Maybe they would fit as here.
    Very true and good Perspective. But Also the x-gene had to start from someone. And mark waid said Tuk is a very important character. Yes selene is the first mutant many generations later but she could of came from Tuk linage

I DEMAND more pages about the Tuk mythos.

Bleeding cool is stating in a article

“While also combining it with the latest retcons from the Avengers. And even revealing, as Tom Brevoort has mentioned in the past, that Tuk The Caveboy, prigeny of the Inhumans, was responsible for all of mutantkind – even before homo sapiens came on the scene..”

Extraordinary Member

Bleeding cool is stating in a article

“While also combining it with the latest retcons from the Avengers. And even revealing, as Tom Brevoort has mentioned in the past, that Tuk The Caveboy, prigeny of the Inhumans, was responsible for all of mutantkind – even before homo sapiens came on the scene..”
    Tom Brevoort. Enemy of the mutant. Fearful of the day the Avengers return to obscurity.

BANNED

Mister Immortal is probably Tuk reborn. He will probably mate with Eternity at the end while Galactus winds up his tale. In the next one he will emerge as Etherax the masked entity which goes around carving faces in the firmament.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Mister Immortal is probably Tuk reborn. He will probably mate with Eternity at the end while Galactus winds up his tale. In the next one he will emerge as Etherax the masked entity which goes around carving faces in the firmament.
    Who is mister immortal

Gross. We can do better than Tuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Gross. We can do better than Tuk.
    I dunno but right now Tuk is the father of the mutant race

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    In the comics, the genealogy was/is:
    - Proto-humans > Eternals
    - Proto-humans > Deviants
    - Proto-humans > Humans > Atlanteans/Lemurians
    - Proto-humans > Humans > Mutants
    - Proto-humans > Inhumans
    - Proto-humans > Inhumans > Aerian Inhumans

But Tuk could have changed that, unless Hickman ignores all of this. Some humans mixed with the inhumans that left Attilan, so this could mean that:
    a) humans + humans = humans (their offspring will never develop the X-Gene.)
    b) inhumans + inhumans = inhumans

"Schrödinger's cat"
    c) humans + inhumans = mutants (they have the potential to either, passing down the X-Gene while carrying inhuman DNA, but become a mutant first, cancelling the outcome of passing through Terrigenisis becoming full mutants)
    d) humans + inhumans = inhumans (they can only carry inhuman DNA and never develop the X-Gene)
    e) mutant + inhuman = ? The only example of this was Luna Maximoff, which was human, then she was inhuman, but since she never reached an age past 9-10, so she's never reached an age that would allow her to develop an X-Gene. Now that they retconned Quicksilver, she's a half human mutate, half inhuman.

OR
    c) humans + inhumans = mutants that are immune to any negative affects of Terrigen due to their inhuman DNA.
    d) humans + humans = mutants that can be negatively affected.
    e) mutants + inhumans = hybrids that carry the X-Gene and can transform again during Terrigenisis

It's comics. It can be confusing if they want it to be. Hickman is cleaning it up though, so these are just theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    In the comics, the genealogy was/is:
    - Proto-humans > Eternals
    - Proto-humans > Deviants
    - Proto-humans > Humans > Atlanteans/Lemurians
    - Proto-humans > Humans > Mutants
    - Proto-humans > Inhumans
    - Proto-humans > Inhumans > Aerian Inhumans

But Tuk could have changed that, unless Hickman ignores all of this. Some humans mixed with the inhumans that left Attilan, so this could mean that:
    a) humans + humans = humans (their offspring will never develop the X-Gene.)
    b) inhumans + inhumans = inhumans

"Schrödinger's cat"
    c) humans + inhumans = mutants (they have the potential to either, passing down the X-Gene while carrying inhuman DNA, but become a mutant first, cancelling the outcome of passing through Terrigenisis becoming full mutants)
    d) humans + inhumans = inhumans (they can only carry inhuman DNA and never develop the X-Gene)
    e) mutant + inhuman = ? The only example of this was Luna Maximoff, which was human, then she was inhuman, but since she never reached an age past 9-10, so she's never reached an age that would allow her to develop an X-Gene. Now that they retconned Quicksilver, she's a half human mutate, half inhuman.

OR
    c) humans + inhumans = mutants that are immune to any negative affects of Terrigen due to their inhuman DNA.
    d) humans + humans = mutants that can be negatively affected.
    e) mutants + inhumans = hybrids that carry the X-Gene and can transform again during Terrigenisis

It's comics. It can be confusing if they want it to be. Hickman is cleaning it up though, so these are just theories.
    History of the marvel universe just came out so I think it’s here to stay