Wow! Thanks! I'm really interested too. These two need great roles now
    I agree
    Just not in any way
    That puts them together

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I agree
    Just not in any way
    That puts them together
    I know it happens. But I’d hate to see no discussion of that kiss they shared. But right after that volume of new mutants they did the avengers thing. Knowing marvel they’ll sweep Sunspots love of Amara under the rug.

She's been ignoring him for like, 30 years. She had her chance. She chose Mephisto. I'd love to see Roberto and Monet date.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Eep, really don't care for Magma. That cool volcano form is just not enough for me to get behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She's been ignoring him for like, 30 years. She had her chance. She chose Mephisto. I'd love to see Roberto and Monet date.
    I’m afraid Monet will be sleeping with Sabretooth before long sadly. I shipped Monet and Strong Guy for a bit. Still do but I know that’s dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’m afraid Monet will be sleeping with Sabretooth before long sadly. I shipped Monet and Strong Guy for a bit. Still do but I know that’s dead.
    Gross to both Sabretooth and Guido. M and Sunspot are a match made in heaven. Cocky, rich, strong. Both have been twisted in body and mind by others(Penance/Reignfire). They are basically the same age. It just works; I can't believe no one has explored that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Eep, really don't care for Magma. That cool volcano form is just not enough for me to get behind her.
    I like her powers, and her Nova Roma angle(though I wish they had gone with her original character design.

After two thousands years of mixing, I have a hard time believing there'd still be light skinned, light haired people in the Andes). As a person, she hasn't been explored all that much, so it's easy to not care.

But she clearly wasn't into Roberto. She chose Empath(even after his whole manipulating her thing), and then Mephisto of all people! And whoever she was dating during M-Day. Roberto deserves better. Besides, if they actually do end up together, they become some kinda crazy fascists(who else remembers that NM future story?).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I thought about that myself. But, I discount Monet in Weapon X, given how often she was white in the last chapter. lol
    Attachment 71149
    Attachment 71150
    Attachment 71151
    We're back to flip-flopping with her race when he had been black in all of Bunn's work, and Strain's GenX. Now we're back to the white-washing.
    She a little lighter than she should be, but she's not 'white'. She darker than sabertooth and death strike in those pics.

Roberto and Amara has gone nowhere. No need to go there again and again like they already do with too many couples.
    I'd like to see Sunspot and Magik together. Berto used to fear her and even hate her a bit because of his religious background, but he probably grew out of that. And the contrast between those two's attitudes would be entertaining.

Gross to both Sabretooth and Guido. M and Sunspot are a match made in heaven. Cocky, rich, strong. Both have been twisted in body and mind by others(Penance/Reignfire). They are basically the same age. It just works; I can't believe no one has explored that yet.
    formatted for truth
    her original character design.

After two thousands years of mixing, I have a hard time believing there'd still be light skinned, light haired people in the Andes). As a person, she hasn't been explored all that much
    Was that her original character design??
    maybe the natives didn't want to mix with the "Romans" ??

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'd like to see Sunspot and Magik together. Berto used to fear her and even hate her a bit because of his religious background.
    ehhh i Def wouldn't ship 'Yana&'Berto. He's ONLY dated white blonde chicks....why not add a dash of color?? Throw I a deaf brunette or something!!
    I don't think he hated her feared...a lil intimated? Def so he reacted kuhe most teenage boys with cocky bravado

Was that her original character design??
    maybe the natives didn't want to mix with the "Romans" ??
    That was her on the cover. She looked like the other Inca/Amazonian girls. After the initial confrontation with the NM, her 'color' washed off, revealing she had white skin, and was wearing a short black wig over her blond hair. Nova Roma was supposed to be a combination of Inca and Roman cultures; a contingent of Romans sailed up the Amazon to the Andes and they set up shop there. Given only a finite group of Romans came over(and most Romans had dark hair anyways), the idea that they could mix with the Amazonians/Inca for two thousand years, living in the jungle, and still be lily white and blonde is kinda a stretch. At best they should be a mixed race light brown. I will give Evolution props for designing her more like that.

That was her on the cover. She looked like the other Inca/Amazonian girls. After the initial confrontation with the NM, her 'color' washed off, revealing she had white skin, and was wearing a short black wig over her blond hair. Nova Roma was supposed to be a combination of Inca and Roman cultures; a contingent of Romans sailed up the Amazon to the Andes and they set up shop there.
    Yeah I know the issue she debuts. I just didn't know if Claremonts original idea was to have her be South American

Given only a finite group of Romans came over(and most Romans had dark hair anyways), the idea that they could mix with the Amazonians/Inca for two thousand years, living in the jungle, and still be lily white and blonde is kinda a stretch. At best they should be a mixed race light brown.
    Yeaaaah most of Nova Roma were suspiciously like white when ancient Rome had a multitude of ethnicities... Maybe Nova Romans were banished cause they "kept it in the family"?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    She a little lighter than she should be, but she's not 'white'. She darker than sabretooth and death strike in those pics.
    I can see what you mean. And I was thinking that myself, but really looking, that could easily be taken for a tan white woman. They left the brown range she was in last chapter.

Like Here
    WXF -Brown Monet.jpg
    She's not dark in complexion, but she's a visible brown, rather than tan.

But even in chapter 22, they left the light brown range, and starting going into slightly tan white territory the second half of her appearance.
    WXF -White Monet.jpg
    She started off brown, then started getting lighter.

But just depends on how you see it. And despite her lightness, it is possible she's still supposed to be black since she is very much black on the WX 27 cover that came out recently. lol

Not trying to cause any heat on it, since this is Sunspot's thread. I just wanted to post this to explain my POV on the particular tones / shades. But, Light Brown vs. Tan can easily get confusing & messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    And despite her lightness, it is possible she's still supposed to be black since she is very much black on the WX 27 cover that came out recently. lol
    I meeeeean there ain't (shouldn't) be a f^cking guessing game. How hard is it to late to make sure a person press a lil harder when coloring in the brown people????
    She Black
    #NoshitFacts

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I meeeeean there ain't (shouldn't) be a f^cking guessing game. How hard is it to late to make sure a person press a lil harder when coloring in the brown people????
    She Black
    #NoshitFacts
    Agree. I can do it with age-old tech. No reason the pro colorist shouldn't be able to. Lol