Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Wow. Id never thought of that. That would be both hilarious and revulsion inducing.
    is really ....really revolting to you??? Really,??

Storms such a mediocre leader in recent times and this new jean seems super unappealing...

It didnt even register they killed wolvie and cyke and prof x.
    Because Those 3 are the poster child for great leadership??
    So aside from cable there isnt an x team lead by a male this year is there?

I hope that just authors and not mandate. Smh
    lol dude what does it matter? There's been plenty of years when the X-books were led by males

Do you guys think he wil be part of Scott's group in the Uncanny Devastation arc?

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    Do you guys think he wil be part of Scott's group in the Uncanny Devastation arc?
    We'll find out in two days in solicits, though I fear he'll be the token minority of the team. (Or hope he will be so I can have more to complain about. Yes, I'm going to hell.)

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'd love that but I'm pretty sure that DeFilippis and Weir confirmed that he's Italian.
    Lol, it figures. Here I'm wondering why there are no Italian characters, not too serious about it, but I'm half Italian (mothers side) with everything else under the sun from my fathers side including poc. Apparently my fathers side of the family really got around since they came here to the US in the 1800s. Rockslide is ok, but man is he the typical Italian stereo-type, tough, sex-crazed and acts dumbish. At least he isn't a mobster. Anyway, I'm not really complaining about the Italian thing, it is what it is, I'll give this back to Sunspot and the discussion on the poc representation.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 12-17-2018 at 03:19 AM.

I am absolutely desperate to get my baby BERTO back in the X-line, after his ASTOUNDING Avenger run.

I would LOVE to see him either give the X-folk the New Avenger treatment and start cherry picking all the untapped potential types and elevate them to greatness, giving some less prominent mutants much needed spotlight and proving both his exceptional leadership and his keen eye for talent, OR I would enjoy seeing him join Emma Frost in the newly refurbished Hellfire Club, since he has ties to both it and Emma and the man has a remarkable gift for overhauling villainous organizations and making them BOSS

Really hoping Berto gets his due an joins the big leagues in the x-line. Well past due and he has absolutely earned it.

Incredible Member

His character has grown so much and still has so much potential. I hope he is brought back with Cyclops’s group. I think it would be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    And Bishop is only coming back recently after he was villainized and character-assassinated for the sake of a white character's story. lol Then the 2 characters of Monet & Sunspot aren't allowed to remain POC. They just get turned white most of the time.
    Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Didn't the Spanish colonise Mexico in the past?

The native Mexican have black hair and dark eyes. Rictor has brown hair and brown eyes.

Attachment 71070
    Trust me, I agree with the point you are trying to make, but there ARE white Mexicans. Hell, ever seen Mexican boxer Canelo Alvarez? Dude is SUPER pale with fiery red hair. Change his last name to O'Neal, O'Rourke, or O'Reilly and tell him not to say anything so his accent doesn't give him away, and he'd fit right in if you dropped him in the middle of Ireland. Also, turn on one of those Mexican telenovelas and most of the Mexican actors are white. Not everyone in Mexico (or any other Latin American country, for that matter) is either purely Indigenous or a Mestizo mix with olive skin, black hair, and dark brown eyes.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 12-17-2018 at 12:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    They really need to end the vicious cycle of not giving POC characters chances to shine in major titles and events. We can't always just have Storm, Bishop or Jubilee doing all the heavy lifting as representation.

If we can see Sam and Magik finally graduate to the main X-Men, why not Karma, Sunspot or Dani?

But yes, considering the huge push he got in the Avengers. It's sad the X-Office has done absolutely squat with him. Why people cried that the avengers writers actually got to write characters who the x-office never showed interest in the first place, makes no sense to me.
    The same goes with magma and cypher.

Two underused characters

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Really hoping Berto gets his due an joins the big leagues in the x-line. Well past due and he has absolutely earned it.
    There is still time for him to join, since the series just started, seems to just be a huge directionless mix of X-Men trying to share one roster and book, and since he was advertised as being on the team in the preliminary artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    There is still time for him to join, since the series just started, seems to just be a huge directionless mix of X-Men trying to share one roster and book, and since he was advertised as being on the team in the preliminary artwork.
    Yes he could end up on Scott's team after the weekly story ends and i truly hope he does though the more i think on it i would rather he lead his own team of mutants and show why Berto is the man.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yes he could end up on Scott's team after the weekly story ends and i truly hope he does though the more i think on it i would rather he lead his own team of mutants and show why Berto is the man.
    Let's hope so!

It would really be a big waste if they didn't use his recent developments.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Let's hope so!

just like Marvel tho....

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Let's hope so!

Its so frustrating but it really DOES happen, doesn't it? UGH, LAWD please don't allow any nonsense regression where Roberto is just some polka dotted hot head with with a penchant for premature punching and lady-leering.

Berto has SWAGGER. He has STRATEGY. He is a THINKER. He is a DOER. He has AMBITION. He is SEXY. He can fly, blast, punch, sparkle, dazzle, pop.
    Let. The Man. SHINE.