Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    From the New Mutants thread:

I was disappointed that Roberto wasn't part of the council or one of the commanders, but if he has higher ambitions, I'm fine with it.
    honestly I couldn't ser him Getting a position ahead of someone like Dani
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm so down for Emperor Sunspot.
    Tbh I would like to see him chill with couple of the Hellions as part of the New Hellfire Club
    Last edited by BroHomo; 10-04-2019 at 03:26 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Double post
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I was disappointed that Roberto wasn't part of the council or one of the commanders, but if he has higher ambitions, I'm fine with it.
    That was my reflex reaction too, but given who WAS selected, I guess I'm not all that shocked by his absence.
    Additionally, not that it should, but maybe his playing nice with the Avengers etc is looked upon less favorably by some of his X-peers.
    Who knows. People have crazy biases.

Like my own.
    For Roberto.
    I friggin love him.
    I hope he's written well in New Mutants.

Originally, when I discovered the New Mutants eons ago, He drove me batty. He was definitely in the lowest tier on the favoritism hierarchy, but since Avenging, he and Yana and Doug are my top 3 of their generation. Oddly, Yana and Doug were each given positions of authority within the Krakoan regime. I really hope that he'll have a prominent role on his team, if Yana is to be the appointed captain.

Also: YAY HE'S GETTING A MARVEL LEGENDS FIGURE!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    honestly I couldn't ser him Getting a position ahead of someone like Dani

Tbh I would like to see him chill with couple of the Hellions as part of the New Hellfire Club
    If the picture is an indication of what his story line will be a New Hellfire Club is a much lesser role in the future of the X Books. The character has more potential than just that.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    If the picture is an indication of what his story line will be a New Hellfire Club is a much lesser role in the future of the X Books. The character has more potential than just that.
    Eh but probably less Sense character wise
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

Eh but probably less Sense character wise
    Not necessarily... he has faced cosmic level threats as an Avenger, was the Lord Imperial of the Hell Fire Club, Led his own Avengers Team. It’s all in how it’s written really.

He could be with the Hellfire Trading Company.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Not necessarily... he has faced cosmic level threats as an Avenger, was the Lord Imperial of the Hell Fire Club, Led his own Avengers Team. It’s all in how it’s written really.
    Not to mention bought and controlled AIM. Roberto's credentials are pretty damn impressive.

if hickman makes roberto shi'ar emperor

and al ewing is taking over marvel cosmic

the goose is loose

Thatll be cool but id like to see Sunspot involved in a more accessible and X-Blended narrative
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

Thatll be cool but id like to see Sunspot involved in a more accessible and X-Blended narrative
    I hear you but sadly it’s feast or famine for any character not one of the main X-Men or Wolverine. The Original New Mutants on a whole are largely underdeveloped. If any one of them has a chance to gain more shine I’m all for it.

Astonishing Member

I mean considering the Shi'ar have been name dropped multiple times in HoX/PoX, Xavier's daughter is the (Empress?), Cannonball being married to and having a kid with a super-guardian (a plot point created by Hickman), and the New Mutants headed into (most likely) Shi'ar space I think the Shi'ar are going to play a pivotal role in the X-narrative going forward.