Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Thompson said she working on the 'third' arc (though she's counting issue six as an 'arc') so sounds like it's continuing. But it could be 'rebooted and continuing. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Looked like he gave oracle an order and she telepathically told Cerise so she wouldn't be overheard.
    Yeah, and she released cerise, that's why I thought they were all working together. But I guess we'll find out more later.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Xandra hides somewhere on Earth with Cerise being her bodyguard and Shi'ar royal etiquette teacher along with Lifeguard as another bodyguard and also student to Cerise. Over the years Xandra slowly gains her own "Imperial Guard" consisting of friends she makes over time. Her guard would consist of random X and Marvel characters she befriends through time (Storm, Shogo, Kwannon, Hepzibah,Watersnake, Broo, M-Twins and Avengers Academy students).

Maybe they all even hideout with the Starjammers and she is raised by space pirates and Shi'ar bodyguards.

Just a question to everyone. Who do you think both Lilandra and Xavier would trust to raise their child. I would personally say Storm. Your thoughts?

Forgot X is alive. Should he go claim his genetically engineered daughter like a man?
    X is a jerk. Xandra doesn't need him...

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Just a question to everyone. Who do you think both Lilandra and Xavier would trust to raise their child. I would personally say Storm. Your thoughts?
    He’d probably trust Storm, although he dumped Hope onto Cable.

Xandra would be in good hands with Gambit, he loves being the cool uncle (see: Marrow, X-23, deaged Storm). Plus I want Xandra to stick around in the series, she’s cute as a button.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I can see him leaving Xandra to Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m really enjoying this book. Does anyone know if this is going to continue as an ongoing, or is it being rebooted after Disassembled?
    Disassembled will end in January. MMX will be on issue 7 in January that will start second arc. This arc will be to issue 9 or 10.
    So I don`t think that MMX will be rebooted. ALso it is not connected to Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Disassembled will end in January. MMX will be on issue 7 in January that will start second arc. This arc will be to issue 9 or 10.
    So I don`t think that MMX will be rebooted. ALso it is not connected to Uncanny.
    True, but neither is Domino connected to Uncanny, but it’s been hinted that it won’t continue long after Disassembled finishes up.

True, but neither is Domino connected to Uncanny, but it’s been hinted that it won’t continue long after Disassembled finishes up.
    I suspect that may be because Brisson has other plans for Domino that are going to take precedence. It seems as if the opposite is true for MMX, since Rogue and Gambit's participation in other stories are being planned around their duo book.

Thompson could very well end up writing Uncanny on a longer term basis, which would make coordination between the two books easier.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I suspect that may be because Brisson has other plans for Domino that are going to take precedence. It seems as if the opposite is true for MMX, since Rogue and Gambit's participation in other stories are being planned around their duo book.

Thompson could very well end up writing Uncanny on a longer term basis, which would make coordination between the two books easier.
    I think she did say she would have another announcement around NYCC time? So possibly whatever is rolling out for her after Dissasembled? I kind of think we'll see Uncanny stay and Adjectiveless return . . . Maybe Astonishing will stay also, though teams will all shift and then settle. We know about X-Force. With Red, Blue, and Gold going I think they get replaced by UXM, XM, and . . . ? X-Factor, Excalibur, GenX or New Mutants, assuming Astonishing stays. I think MMX stays so long as it's this viable. Fingers crossed! Same with X-23. So we probably have Kelly on a book, Rosenberg on a book, hopefully Tom Taylor still on a book, Brisson has X-Force. Love to see Christina Strain back.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post

As I’ve said elsewhere, Thompson’s really doing it for me. Considering Rogue & Gambit are neither one of my favorites, she’s got me eagerly awaiting these new issues. This storyline also has me really hooked. I love the Shi’ar, and especially Deathbird, and she’s writing her correctly. Something I can’t say about Brubaker. Thompson really seems to know her continuity, and instead of acting like it’s a burden, she’s using it, and building on it. Anyway, I can’t wait to see what she what she can do with an entire squad of X-Men.

As I’ve said elsewhere, Thompson’s really doing it for me. Considering Rogue & Gambit are neither one of my favorites, she’s got me eagerly awaiting these new issues. This storyline also has me really hooked. I love the Shi’ar, and especially Deathbird, and she’s writing her correctly. Something I can’t say about Brubaker. Thompson really seems to know her continuity, and instead of acting like it’s a burden, she’s using it, and building on it. Anyway, I can’t wait to see what she what she can do with an entire squad of X-Men.
    She's definitely the most promising of this new crop of X-writers. I just hope she doesn't get weighed down by the other guys on Uncanny.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She's definitely the most promising of this new crop of X-writers. I just hope she doesn't get weighed down by the other guys on Uncanny.
    I haven’t read much from Brisson, and while I have Extermination, I have yet to read it, but Rosenberg’s Astonishing is soooo good for me. I’m so happy they’ve been given the chance to shepherd the franchise.

I haven’t read much from Brisson, and while I have Extermination, I have yet to read it, but Rosenberg’s Astonishing is soooo good for me. I’m so happy they’ve been given the chance to shepherd the franchise.
    Brisson's Extermination is relying on great art and extreme violence. Rosenberg's Astonishing is similarly bolstered by shiny art(or in MM, pure silliness), and dopey lead(s). I find them both a bit thin, especially on the characterization level, where an X-Men writer really needs to shine. KT has that in spades, and a really sophisticated understanding and utilization of canon, which makes her so much better in this role than the other two.

Actually went to a comic shop and bought an X comic! Read it and left wanting more and pacing back and forth with ideas for the future.

Didn't think that was gonna happen til Emmas black.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Brisson's Extermination is relying on great art and extreme violence. Rosenberg's Astonishing is similarly bolstered by shiny art(or in MM, pure silliness), and dopey lead(s). I find them both a bit thin, especially on the characterization level, where an X-Men writer really needs to shine. KT has that in spades, and a really sophisticated understanding and utilization of canon, which makes her so much better in this role than the other two.
    Well, Extermination is an event comic. **** is going down. I wouldn't expect lots of characterization, but I AM expecting the violence.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Well, Extermination is an event comic. **** is going down. I wouldn't expect lots of characterization, but I AM expecting the violence.

Astonishing Member

I can see him leaving Xandra to Magneto.
    He doesn't have the greatest track record raising kids, lol...

I'm betting Cerise, and staying with shi'ar