Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Thought the banter over Wade stabbing and potentially killing people was a bit out of place here. I didn't find it funny that Gambit was talking so casually about it.

Otherwise, it was a good read and does appear to have some real stakes for the wider MU if Xandra does in fact end up threatening for the throne.
    I didn't think Gambit was bantering, so much as literally telling Wade to stop killing people. But, even if he didn't seem that horrified, he dated and then was married to an assassin....

I doubt he's too shocked that an assassin is going to assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why does Xandra seemingly have mastery over her skills already?

Do Shi'ar normally lay eggs that hatch? How do they reproduce naturally?
    Deathbird was pregnant. Did she lay an egg, or give birth to a live Deathbaby? To me, at least, the pregnancy suggests that she did not lay an egg.

But, apparently, many Shi'ar do lay eggs and those eggs are raised in a special chamber on Chandilar.

shiar00-nest.jpg

(This is from Uncanny #344)

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Forgive me as I didn't read this yet, did Deathbird say why she needs this egg/child? Doesn't she have her own child of royal blood (Gabriel/Vulcan, and hers) which also has tons of other attributes? Or was he forgotten?
    She needs Lilandra's child to bolster her claim. It's the Lilandra connection that's important.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Yay! That cover from All New X Factor!
    I included it for you. Haha.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 09-19-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    He’s really good however he is only doing #6 and Oscar comes back for the 2nd arc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pin...t-david-lopez/
    Thanks for sharing. He does a decent Rogue, though the face reminds me weirdly of Mary-Jane Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Forgive me as I didn't read this yet, did Deathbird say why she needs this egg/child? Doesn't she have her own child of royal blood (Gabriel/Vulcan, and hers) which also has tons of other attributes? Or was he forgotten?
    Lilandra's kid strengthen's her claim to the throne. Deathbird's child does nothing for that as Deathbird outranks her and the Shi'ar dont acknowledge Deathbird

As always a masterful review, DearMachine! Thanks for putting it up!

Things I've noticed about Kelly's books, they always feel meatier somehow. They take longer to read and in a good way. This issue moves along swiftly and a lot of ground is covered, but it is very satisfying and has that little cliffhanger that leaves you wanting more. And this isn't a throw away mission, it has real stakes and major connections to past and forward continuity.

I loved that this issue gave Gambit more spotlight and we got to see that he does have a personal stake in this mission, even if taking it wasn't his first impulse. It was SO refreshing to see him assert himself in the relationship and it was just nice to see a relationship portrayed realistically where a stressful and tense situation is going to cause some misunderstanding and friction. This is so much better than the sappy sweet dialogue comic couples can fall into and that wouldn't fit this particular couple at all. I love their kiss and make up scene, Rogue's way of apologizing and again in a way that is fitting for who these characters are.

The humorous moments were great, especially DP and Remy chasing down naked mini Rogue while real Rogue gives Kitty a piece of her mind and the lines at the end where they are strung up had me in stitches.

I feel like the art has improved a lot this issue. The DP and Gambit action scene is a thing of beauty we have been needing for ages to showcase Gambit as the nimble and graceful fighter he is. I thought Oscar nailed Remy's smirk perfectly in several panels.

I also liked how Kelly took the time to give us some insight into Cerise and her emotional ties to Xandra. Those little extra details help me care about this character that I don't know well and give me her motivation. Just great writing.

Loved this issue and looking forward to #4!

BANNED

Why do I get the feeling that Kelly Thompson is setting up a confrontation between spoilers:
    Legion vs Xandra with the X-men in the middle for the near future ?
    end of spoilers

I really liked this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that Kelly Thompson is setting up a confrontation between spoilers:
    Legion vs Xandra with the X-men in the middle for the near future ?
    end of spoilers
    That might just be plot for Uncanny X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why does Xandra seemingly have mastery over her skills already?

Do Shi'ar normally lay eggs that hatch? How do they reproduce naturally?
    Shi'Ar do normally lay eggs, and their children are called hatchlings, normally raised in special brooding chambers. They also have various artificial aging tech, as we saw with Vulcan, so I imagine this hyperaging is not exactly uncommon for them(maybe it was coded into her genes when they made the embryo in the first place). Perhaps that is why she is so good at her telepathy already.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I didn't think Gambit was bantering, so much as literally telling Wade to stop killing people. But, even if he didn't seem that horrified, he dated and then was married to an assassin....

I doubt he's too shocked that an assassin is going to assassin.
    Don't think he ever accompanied Bella on an assassination. There is a difference between knowing someone is an assassin vs watching them actively kill and maim people. I have never been much of a Deadpool fan in large part because of how he trivializes killing. Just not my sense of humor but to each his own. Hopefully he is done in this book so not a big deal going forward.
    Last edited by remydat; 09-19-2018 at 09:33 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member

I think Deadpool is done for this story and no hints of him showing up again.
    She needs Lilandra's child to bolster her claim. It's the Lilandra connection that's important.
    Yeah, no one likes deathbird. she wants her sister's cute kid to leach off of lilandra's popularity and bring more people to her side.

Thank you for review DearMachine!

This issue was fantastic. Loved it so much. Best written Gambit in years.
    Deadpool was also cool.

Oscar's art was very beautiful and with good action. My favourite issue so far.

What a joy to read. The worst part? Having to wait a month for the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    That might just be plot for Uncanny X-men
    Would love them to meet each other.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Deadpool does have a red shirt...very clever, lol.

That was the best 'fight scene' gambit's had in a looong time and he 'won'! So happy KT is delivering on the action front!

Never thought about Legion meeting his half sister, that would be fun, as long as he wasn't in a 'crazy' mood that day...
    Yes, that fighting scenes were awesome. Reminded me old Fabian/Skroce`s solo. I hope to see more such Gambit in future.

Thanks for sharing. He does a decent Rogue, though the face reminds me weirdly of Mary-Jane Watson.

Of course, it's the least I could do. Decent for sure... the bangs feel off here tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    What a joy to read. The worst part? Having to wait a month for the next issue.
    No doubt. I really wish more stores around these parts had gotten the Noto Variant. It feels like only one CBS in the closest vicinity to me got one and it sold within minutes of the store opening. I will have to figure out the best way to buy the variant because I want to support this series as much as I can.

I've never experienced a CBS shortage before yesterday and lemme tell ya, on release date to find out my CBS didn't receive not one copy of MMX #3 was heartbreaking. I had to do what I had to do to get my hands on it so I took a longer "break" and drove to another store a few more miles away. Still, makes me wonder if should just start shelling out for the digital copy (even though the books come with a code) since I want to support it so dang bad. We'll see...
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.