Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lilandra's kid strengthen's her claim to the throne. Deathbird's child does nothing for that as Deathbird outranks her and the Shi'ar dont acknowledge Deathbird
    Gladiator has the throne. Deathbird can rule through Xandra (love the name!) if she isn't of age yet. I think Deathbird, Cerise, and Oracle are more concerned about not having Gladiator as a dictator/tyrant.

would this be considered Xandra's first appearance or would the egg be her first appearance?

Love this book so far and think this is the perfect book for LIFEGUARD!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Gladiator has the throne. Deathbird can rule through Xandra (love the name!) if she isn't of age yet. I think Deathbird, Cerise, and Oracle are more concerned about not having Gladiator as a dictator/tyrant.
    It looked like Gladiator was working with Oracle and Cerise. Maybe he's tired of being in charge, lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    It looked like Gladiator was working with Oracle and Cerise. Maybe he's tired of being in charge, lol.
    Looked like he gave oracle an order and she telepathically told Cerise so she wouldn't be overheard.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Forgive me as I didn't read this yet, did Deathbird say why she needs this egg/child? Doesn't she have her own child of royal blood (Gabriel/Vulcan, and hers) which also has tons of other attributes? Or was he forgotten?
    We don't speak of that mess best to let it be forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    We don't speak of that mess best to let it be forgotten
    Yeah, it's like Lifeguard and her brother. It was hinted they were Deathbird's children too, right?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Love this book so far and think this is the perfect book for LIFEGUARD!!
    Wouldn't hold your breath. KT has said the Xtreme X-Men run wasn't her favorite. But her being the continuity junky that she is, I won't say it's out of the question. As for the connection Death bird may or may not have to Lifeguard and Slipstream, if that was Claremonts intention then I blame the editor for not catching that. I was under the assumption that they were supposed to be the custodians of the universe.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Lifeguard had Shi'Ar royal markings, but beyond that, nothing was explicitly determined. They could be D'Ken's, Deathbirds, or perhaps some other distant Shi'Ar royals we don't know much about.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I'll never understand the mentality that anything Claremont created needs to be upheld and continued by other writers as if his writing is the only continuity. Writers should be able to use their own ideas and not be forced to use certain characters in stories if they don't want to.

There are a lot of Claremont fans here that are religiously devout to his writing, but the man himself has said repeatedly he would do things differently on certain subjects.

I'm glad neither of them are in this book. They don't need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I think we're pretty much saying the same thing. Gladiator has the throne bc Lilandra is dead and has no heir. This kid is Lilandra's heir and the rightful claim to the throne. Thats why Deathbird needs her. She's key in usurping power from Gladiator
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-21-2018 at 08:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think we're pretty much saying the same thing. Gladiator has the throne bc Lilandra is dead and has no heir. This kid is Lilandra's heir and the rightful claim to the throne. Thats why Deathbird needs her. She's key in usurping power from Gladiator
    That's it exactly.

Xandra hides somewhere on Earth with Cerise being her bodyguard and Shi'ar royal etiquette teacher along with Lifeguard as another bodyguard and also student to Cerise. Over the years Xandra slowly gains her own "Imperial Guard" consisting of friends she makes over time. Her guard would consist of random X and Marvel characters she befriends through time (Storm, Shogo, Kwannon, Hepzibah,Watersnake, Broo, M-Twins and Avengers Academy students).

Maybe they all even hideout with the Starjammers and she is raised by space pirates and Shi'ar bodyguards.

Just a question to everyone. Who do you think both Lilandra and Xavier would trust to raise their child. I would personally say Storm. Your thoughts?

Forgot X is alive. Should he go claim his genetically engineered daughter like a man?
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 09-21-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Incredible Member

If lifeguard is d'ken's then all three of them have half human babies

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m really enjoying this book. Does anyone know if this is going to continue as an ongoing, or is it being rebooted after Disassembled?