Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'd call out sexist and ask why there are no women among the choices [not counting the 'and also's']
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Here's what I'm getting at. Given the life of the Eternal Champion, the basically predestined intersection with the Black Sword, the fact that the Ship that Sails the Seas of Fate is coming for you, and what happens to all the incarnations of the Champion by the Conjunction of the Million Spheres, the best choice seems to be to run screaming away so fast you leave a dust cloud outline of yourself, Looney Toons styles ;p
    Yeah, being an Eternal Champion is kind of a sucky fate. At least this version regenerates and doesn't get sick, so that's something. They'd find you, though....

Just for the record, I wouldn't really want to be an Eternal Champion. It's simply a thought experiment to keep the mind occupied when work is boring.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 09-20-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'd call out sexist and ask why there are no women among the choices [not counting the 'and also's']
    Come up with a scenario where the skill-sets are female paragons and I'll choose one.

Let's try it myself. How about ... Hermione, Wonder Woman, Seven of Nine, and ... Black Widow?

So: magic, combat, technology and espionage.

I'd take Seven of Nine, and know all the science and technology of a thousand warp cultures.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 09-20-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I pick Wonder Woman, for she is the most pantsless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Come up with a scenario where the skill-sets are female paragons and I'll choose one.

Let's try it myself. How about ... Hermione, Wonder Woman, Seven of Nine, and ... Black Widow?

So: magic, combat, technology and espionage.

I'd take Seven of Nine, and know all the science and technology of a thousand warp cultures.
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd go with Wonder Woman.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd go with Wonder Woman.
    I just want to note, the Eternal Champion thing didn't ultimately work out for Ilian of Garathorm either!