Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Didn't get the issue yet, but saw scans. This was considerably less epic than I was hoping it would be. Cheetah vs. Chiang Poseidon would have been AMAZING. What is this old man in a lighthouse nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    This is just such a weak portrayal of Cheetah. One who was incapable of doing any of this without help doing something that half of Wonder Womans rogues has already done to death.
    The First Born is only one dude and not half the rogues gallery

It's not like Lex is creating these weapons for them, he's just pointing out where these pre-existing plot devices are and outfitting the whole group. It's the Legion of Doom in a JL book and he's the leader, that's his role. I don't know that Cheetah is any more weak than all the other Legion members. It's just that this execution looks very underwhelming compared to what the premise lead us to believe.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I wonder how long this new power of Cheetah's will last and does the power apply to anyone? If she scratches Wonder Woman, Dr. Fate, Darkseid, the Anti-Montior, do they all die or is it just for the Olympian Gods?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Well do we really know if he's dead? He was reaching for something that could very well save his life. And I wouldn't say Cheetah was feat less in this. At least they're acknowledging her speed which many writers often ignore.
    OK - So, I'm not missing something here? It didn't look like Poseidon was dead. Trapped in the fire and bleeding out, perhaps, but not dead. Trying to figure out what the significance of the ship in the bottle is, since it looks as if that's what he was reaching for.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    OK - So, I'm not missing something here? It didn't look like Poseidon was dead. Trapped in the fire and bleeding out, perhaps, but not dead. Trying to figure out what the significance of the ship in the bottle is, since it looks as if that's what he was reaching for.
    There's an Aquaman/Justice League crossover coming, pretty sure Poseidon will play a part in that.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    There's an Aquaman/Justice League crossover coming, pretty sure Poseidon will play a part in that.
    The solicits for Drowned Earth do mention a fight between him and Aquaman but they also mention that Wonder Woman and Aquaman go to the Graveyard of Gods to unleash quote “equally vengeful Gods” so that’s probably where he is

I think the execution of the scene wasn't as impressive as a sentient galaxy from outside our reality arriving to swallow the planet, and Cheetah certainly isn't the first to kill a god, but it's still an impressive feat.

As far as the gods dying is concerned, I long ago accepted Morrison's idea for the New Gods. All gods, in my headcanon, are multiversal and all we ever see is an avatar small enough to squeeze into our reality. So in my head, Cheetah didn't kill a god, she killed an aspect of the god. Which still probably hurt. Of course, since we're dealing with these hyper advanced forces, maybe this is supposed to be a "super death" that is more of a death than a regular death.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.