Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Justice League 008 [SPOILERS]

Anyone else read the latest issue of Justice League? Cheetah uses her enhanced claws to kill Poseidon.

Who was running away and didn't put up a fight and had apparently been hiding out in a light house. ^^;
    I might be more impressed if Aquaman hadn't killed Posieden three years ago. Or if Aquaman didn't have all the powers of Posieden two years ago. Or if Granny Goodness hadn't single handedly defeated all of the Olympian gods without any effort off panel for Amazons Attack.

Please mark threads as 'spoilers' in the title when you're going to post details of a current issue.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Remember how in Rucka's run the gods were literally untouchable and unseen?

Yeah...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

In what way are her claws enhanced? I'm a little behind on JLA.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Please mark threads as 'spoilers' in the title when you're going to post details of a current issue.
    Sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Her claws were tainted with the "Tear of Extinction".

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    She coated her claws in a magic stuff thats supposed to have the power to kill even the gods which might be impressive if it wasn't something everyone else could already do ^^;

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Cheetah is only the latest in a long line of villains to claim the scalp of an olympian, pretty much every no-name supervillain has an olympian trophy-head mounted on their wall. Poseidon died a truly pathetic death as befits a Greek God, she pounced on him, slashed his jugular, it all happened in the space of 2 or 3 panels. And she accomplished this, not as culmination of her own efforts and machinations, but with God-Kryptonite in the form of nail polish provided to her by her Master

I'm more disappointed that her characterization in Rucka's last run seems to be getting ignored.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

While I'm glad that Cheetah now has this accomplishment under her belt, this and the other stories mentioned above are why I'm just not interested in reading about the gods any more. Many mortals have either hurt or killed them over the years that they just don't seem very "godly" to me. Fighting a god has become a joke. There's this bit hype from a writer about a hero having to fight a god only to have the hero win just about every time with the god looking weak or like an imbecile by the end of the story. Let's give the gods a rest for a very long time until someone can portray them properly.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post

That is hilarious.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post

Thank you for elaborating! I swear, when I first read it, I thought you'd typed "Taint of Extinction."

It just blows my mind that there are people that are working at DC who think killing gods is a sign of power. XD
    Woop de do, maybe now you will stand a chance against Steve Trevor whose single handedly beaten up three gods~ Or Lois Lane who beat Granny Goodness the one who took down all the Olympian gods on her lonesome.

This is just such a weak portrayal of Cheetah. One who was incapable of doing any of this without help doing something that half of Wonder Womans rogues has already done to death.

So Zeus and Poseidon are now dead. No big loss honestly. I’m so bored of the Greek Gods, hell gods in general. I’m feeling more and more apathetic since Wilson’s run seems to be focusing on the Gods again.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-21-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Well do we really know if he's dead? He was reaching for something that could very well save his life. And I wouldn't say Cheetah was feat less in this. At least they're acknowledgin her speed which many writers often ignore.