Spectacular Member

Default Catwoman #5 Preview

https://www.inverse.com/article/5070...o-joelle-jones

Looking forward to this one! The art is amazing.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Oh I am so ready! Here comes the boiling point!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Looks dope, can't wait for Wednesday.

BANNED

Not really feeling this comic, but this one was really good

spoilers:
    It's handling the Bruce/Selina break-up way better than King is, probably because Selina still views Bruce as a pillar of strength for her innermost thoughts, where as Bruce has become too bitter and twisted about her rejection
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Not really feeling this comic, but this one was really good

spoilers:
    It's handling the Bruce/Selina break-up way better than King is, probably because Selina still views Bruce as a pillar of strength for her innermost thoughts, where as Bruce has become too bitter and twisted about her rejection
    end of spoilers
    Not a argument, but it makes sense why that's the case.. spoilers:
    Selina left Bruce knowing he was a good person and would always help her..all Bruce knows is that Selina didn't want to marry him. Of course, Bruce would be bitter and reckless because of that while Selina still remembers the loving times. And Selina was more distraught in issue 1 at least.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

are many people reading this book? I really enjoy it but it never seems to create much noise on here

Fantastic Member

reason being catwoman handles the break up better than batman and shows jones already has a better idea of selina's character than king does after 60 issues of batman that is why people are avoiding talking about it and comparing them both an honest question is it not. Wish she was writing batman too and probably would make the actual relationship make sense unlike the current grandmaster. Also her actions scenes are better than his by a mile away too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    are many people reading this book? I really enjoy it but it never seems to create much noise on here
    Yes, and it's doing well sales-wise.

Incredible Member

Jones, Allred, et al and Lau on variants - they have certainly thrown some big guns at the book and its working a treat - good sales no noise can only mean everyone's happy!

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Kudos again to Joelle Jones for writing, drawing, and inking another good issue. I would like to think that Catwoman could handle a group of orderlies better than she did here, but I think the point Joelle is making is that Selina is really torn up over her decision to leave Bruce, and she hasn't slept in a week so she is way off her game. Fortunately she was knocked out in this issue so she got a short nap in! Though, I don't think that nap is going to help, but she's about to snap and her rage is about to kick in.