Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default Leonidas vs Achilles

    Movie versions only. Who wins?

  2. #2
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,083

    Default

    Leonidas is cool and everything but he was better off as a leader, and does not wear armor.

    Achilles has armor, smaller shield but I think better on a one on one situation. Hector, was the only guy to even lay a strike on Achilles.

    That's my two cents.

  3. #3
    Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    2,809

    Default

    Achilles from Troy isn't ever stated to be invulnerable like his classic counterpart, but he's still tough as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

    Original join date: 6/2007

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,580

    Default

    Hmm, Leonidas did prove to be a fighter but I always see him do extremely well leading his Spartans than being an individual fighter.

    Achilles on the other hand, is quite capable of demolishing groups by himself without a single scratch on him and again, it's not that he's invulnerable, he's just that good of a warrior in the setting. He gets this really in single combat.

  5. #5
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Achilles wouldn't have missed that spear throw at Xerxes.

  6. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,673

    Default

    Achilles wins this.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Achilles from Troy isn't ever stated to be invulnerable like his classic counterpart, but he's still tough as hell.
    I'm not sure if he is invulnerable, but he dies in the film from an arrow to the heel (which was his only weak spot in mythology), implying that every other part of his body is invulnerable. Also, I've never seen 300 whole way through. What are his best combat feats? (Aside from killing random fodder Persians).

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King of Asgard View Post
    I'm not sure if he is invulnerable, but he dies in the film from an arrow to the heel (which was his only weak spot in mythology), implying that every other part of his body is invulnerable.
    Nah, more like the shot to the heel was an extremely lucky shot from Paris, who quickly capitalize on this by turning Achilles into a pincushion before the hurt yet irritated Achilles was gonna kill him.

    ...Paris tends to ruin things, even when this version was trying his best to make things right.

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Nah, more like the shot to the heel was an extremely lucky shot from Paris, who quickly capitalize on this by turning Achilles into a pincushion before the hurt yet irritated Achilles was gonna kill him.

    ...Paris tends to ruin things, even when this version was trying his best to make things right.
    IIRC Achilles actually rose despite the heel shot, and made a beeline for Paris while eating quite a few arrows. That's a crap ton of durability and commitment, more than Leonidas showed in the entire 300 movie.

  10. #10
    Writer and editor KJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    Achilles wouldn't have missed that spear throw at Xerxes.
    Leonidas didn't miss either. His aim was to prove Xerxes could bleed, not to kill him.

    That said, Achilles wins this handily.

  11. #11
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korrdorr The Rumbler View Post
    Leonidas didn't miss either. His aim was to prove Xerxes could bleed, not to kill him.
    He made him bleed to prove he was mortal and not a god. Killing him would've accomplished the same result.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13

    Default

    in the comic, leo screamed "DIE" at xerxes.
    and given the chance, i seriously doubt leonidas would choose "make a god bleed" over "kill the god"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •