Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    This is my first experience with his writing and I am not impressed. Bendis, like many writers, needs a strong editor but he won't ever get one to call him on his cliche dialogue tics and continuity disregard since he's a Marvel architect or whatever his title is.
    My first experience with his writing was Daredevil and Alias, and I was VERY impressed. USM wasn't bad either.

Simultaneous/Post-AXIS Prediction: Victor Creed feels guilt about causing Logan's Death becomes a Superhero (Possibly changes his codename to Wolverine). Cyclops saves the day becomes redeemed in the eyes of the world, shut's down The New Xavier School, Becomes Headmaster of the Jean Grey School for Gifted Youngsters, He also becomes Leader of the Avenger's Unity Division. Post-AXIS hopes: Spider-Man joins the Jean Grey School for Gifted Youngsters as a part time teacher, because of Logan's Death (same reasoning behind him joining the Fantastic Four when Johnny "Died"). I also hopes Spidey get's an awesome X-themed costume.
    Last edited by Comiclove5; 07-24-2014 at 09:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comiclove5 View Post
    Simultaneous/Post-AXIS Prediction: Victor Creed feels guilt about causing Logan's Death becomes a Superhero (Possibly changes his codename to Wolverine). Cyclops saves the day becomes redeemed in the eyes of the world, shut's down The New Xavier School, Becomes Headmaster of the Jean Grey School for Gifted Youngsters, He also becomes Leader of the Avenger's Unity Division. Post-AXIS hopes: Spider-Man joins the Jean Grey School for Gifted Youngsters as a part time teacher, because of Logan's Death (same reasoning behind him joining the Fantastic Four when Johnny "Died"). I also hopes Spidey get's an awesome X-themed costume.
    No thanks I prefer Spidey with the FF he never had much of a connection with the X-men. Cyclops last time I checked he's better off rebelling and working underground and making Hill look incompetent to her superiors.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    No thanks I prefer Spidey with the FF he never had much of a connection with the X-men. Cyclops last time I checked he's better off rebelling and working underground and making Hill look incompetent to her superiors.
    I approve that message. Just cause anyone making HILL look incompetent is alright in my book. Cyke is doing a dang good job LOL

Amazing Member

The last time Onslaught showed up, The Avengers were sent to a parallel world. If Marvel is trying to make their comics look more like the movie universe it would make sense that they might be splitting up their world and have the X-Men exist in their own space. It would also clearly delineate character families so that there isn't another Quicksilver situation between the movie franchises. I am not saying that Marvel is going to do this but they are being secretive about something dealing with the X-Men and the Fantastic Four. Might be the real reason they're not sharing a lot of news.

Great panel. Very intrigued by AXIS. Uncanny Avengers has come a long way since it's disappointing beginning and the whole M-word controversy. Bringing Onslaught into the mix because this is a villain that has required both the X-men and the Avengers to work together in the past. Using him and the Red Skull is definitely the kind of threat that neither team can hope to handle on their own. I get the sense that the reason there was no X-men Panel this year is because a lot of what will happen with the X-men is contingent on AXIS. It sounds like this is going to lead to another upheaval of sorts. Maybe if Cyclops and Havok are able to start bonding and work as brothers again, that will go a ways towards not making Cyclops a fugitive. If he can help take down someone like Onslaught, then how does that warrant throwing him back in jail? But that's just speculation. Between Wolverine dying and the impact of Original Sin, Marvel seems ready to shake things up on all fronts and it'll stay that way until they go back to the Heroic Age mode. But anytime someone tries to throw "The Killing Joke" into the conversation, I start to wonder if they're more arrogant than confident.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I approve that message. Just cause anyone making HILL look incompetent is alright in my book. Cyke is doing a dang good job LOL
    Well of course everyone hates Hill, she's an utter abomination. Only time I accepted her was her MCU version.

I wonder if Vision's return and giving him a bit of a redesign is for him appearing in Avengers 2 and will have him more in-line with the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    While I don't subscribe to the same paranoia that many X-fans do, I can kind of see where they're coming from. The Avengers get their own panel, the X-Men don't. The X-Men panel is apparently the AXIS panel, but the Avengers got more focus there as well, so there's clearly a disproportion here. Marvel announces tons of Avengers news, but virtually nothing about the X-Men. I can see why some fans think that one franchise is getting much more focus than the other.
    Magneto, Nightcrawler, Cyclops and Storm all just got thier own series.

They are going to beat the "Death of Wolverine" into the ground marketing wise.

I don't see how that translates into "the Xmen are getting screwed".

What might be happening is Marvel is trying to wean the fandom away from the idea that Wolverine and Deadpool are the only X characters whose solo adventures matter and are now stressing that the individual Xmen have thier own stuff going outside the team.

If they had done this earlier, maybe the Gambit book could have been saved.

Maybe Axis will send the X-Men to another universe, and that's as close as "cancelling" as Marvel will get.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Magneto, Nightcrawler, Cyclops and Storm all just got thier own series.

They are going to beat the "Death of Wolverine" into the ground marketing wise.

I don't see how that translates into "the Xmen are getting screwed".

What might be happening is Marvel is trying to wean the fandom away from the idea that Wolverine and Deadpool are the only X characters whose solo adventures matter and are now stressing that the individual Xmen have thier own stuff going outside the team.

If they had done this earlier, maybe the Gambit book could have been saved.
    A lot of Avengers also got their own ongoing.

Also, giving the most popular x-men characters their own ongoing might also the best way to end the X-men, since Marvel will eventually have a reason to end their own ongoings too.

The Biggest comic con but no x-men panel. It's really something.

BANNED

An X-Men movie made 750 million in returns this year, but at the very heart of nerd cons there isn't a single X-Men panel. Yeah, CLEARLY Marvel LOVES the X-Men so goddamn much that they're allowed to sit in on the Avengers panels. It's actually an UPGRADE.

BANNED

a little off topic but since i didn't want to create a new topic just to ask this and it's avengers themed

will we finally get The Thor#1 cover today a the avengers now panel? I'd like to know if the first thing i see will be off putting or a great job

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    The Inversion image that was shown

Can someone explain what this is about? Is this where the bad guys go good?

BANNED

wait they recommend spider-man fans to pick up the hobgoblin axis mini?...any reason why...if spider-man fans aren't reading axis why would they read a tie-in mini series