Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Unfortunately the "rapist" thing seems to be stuck in some people's heads, even though the resolution to that SHE-HULK arc very clearly showed that he was not a rapist and that it was only Thanos' tampering with his mind that caused his odd behaviour and loss of control over his powers. That damage was fixed at the end of the story, and Eros was back to normal (although he'd sacrificed his pleasure powers because he didn't want to risk their mis-use again) and went off to try and make amends to people who were impacted while he was in the altered state. So that arc really left him in a positive place...but unfortunately some people seem determined to forget or ignore the end and only remember that he was accused of rape.
    Let's be real: He was a terrible character way before that story arc. Having the power to stimulate the pleasure centers of peoples' brains telepathically is not only an incredibly creepy power to begin with, it has extremely limited use. I mean, everybody remembers the time he tried to calm down the Hulk with his power, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    Just more conspiracy theory nonsense. They don't have anything X-Men to announce because it would all be post-AXIS stuff and it's too early for that.

They just launched a solo Storm book, they're not canceling the line.
    Pretty sure DC also did a ton of new stuff before they rebooted their entire universe.

Also they don't have any X-Men stuff to announce??? How is that not a problem??? They have TONS of Avengers stuff to announce and we haven't even gotten to their ACTUAL panel yet. They could've at least talked about the Original Sin tie-ins, which Bendis hyped up tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Zola, Hydra and the skull. Snoresville.
    Zola and the Skull are the villains in the last issues of the current volume. It's only HYDRA in the first issues of the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    There is only the one image right? I'm only seeing Cap.
    The Marvel liveblog posted some more pages, including one with classic Beast and Hawkeye.

This was suppose to be the X-Men panel? Were was the Generation X News?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    -Vision's coming back in a big way
    THIS Put a Smile on My Face!

Remender said it's a big priority at Marvel currently "to make the Vision the badass that he used to be. When the Vision showed up, the Vision used to be somebody that carried a lot of weight. And if the Vision got in a fight with you, you probably lost that fight. If you're a Vision fan, get ready. Daniel Acuña's redesigned the character in a way that's fantastic."
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

For those excited about the idea of Avengers: Rage of Ultron, like me, Comicbook.com has an interview with the creative team up already.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/24...ck-remender-a/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Most of whatever is being released now still probably has his finger prints on it in terms of the X-Men. Marts impact probably won't be felt until after AXIS, imo.
    He is too busy getting through all of the Dani Moonstar fan mail. While the talent he brought in for the Death of Wolverine fall out series might be his first meaningful act he would not have been at any of the summits that planned out the big plot lines for the fall.

Ultimate Member

While I don't subscribe to the same paranoia that many X-fans do, I can kind of see where they're coming from. The Avengers get their own panel, the X-Men don't. The X-Men panel is apparently the AXIS panel, but the Avengers got more focus there as well, so there's clearly a disproportion here. Marvel announces tons of Avengers news, but virtually nothing about the X-Men. I can see why some fans think that one franchise is getting much more focus than the other.

I'm really disappointed with Marvel right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    For those excited about the idea of Avengers: Rage of Ultron, like me, Comicbook.com has an interview with the creative team up already.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/24...ck-remender-a/
    Excelent interview. Pym and Vision sounds good. <3

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    While I don't subscribe to the same paranoia that many X-fans do, I can kind of see where they're coming from. The Avengers get their own panel, the X-Men don't. The X-Men panel is apparently the AXIS panel, but the Avengers got more focus there as well, so there's clearly a disproportion here. Marvel announces tons of Avengers news, but virtually nothing about the X-Men. I can see why some fans think that one franchise is getting much more focus than the other.
    Bendis explained on one of his pages why they don't have a panel, simply he didn't confirm in time, it was just a mistake but he stated more X-men news will be at the Cup of Joe panel and he didn't want to announce his stuff at the axis because it had nothing to do with the event and it would just confuse people.

Now that I think about it the only thing that was really announced in this panel was the Avengers: Rage of Ultron OGN and Plantman in Axis. I'm not even joking, besides some details and some stuff we already knew those two were the only ones revealed.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Let's be real: He was a terrible character way before that story arc. Having the power to stimulate the pleasure centers of peoples' brains telepathically is not only an incredibly creepy power to begin with, it has extremely limited use. I mean, everybody remembers the time he tried to calm down the Hulk with his power, right?
    Starfox is great. The guy is a powerhouse when written correctly. Plus he was always a fun character sort of like Hercules until that horrible She Hulk storyline permantlly tained him as the space rapist. That storyline made me drop the She Hulk book back in the day. His persuasion power only turned creepy when they started treating it like mental GHB.

The next fan up to the microphone asked about the X-Men perhaps getting overshadowed by the Avengers in "AXIS." Joking about recent rumors of the X-Men books being dropped, Lowe replied, "We decided we didn't like the X-Men, so we put that hack Brian Michael Bendis on it."
    *sigh* I think he was only partly joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'