Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What's going on with all these Marvel TV shows?!!!

First with these Loki and Scarlet Witch shows coming to the streaming service and now with this female hero team (psst, it's A-Force) drama from the screenwriter of Wonder Woman! Too many shows, it's freaking me out! And oh, so, Feige's big plan for female heroes in the MCU is to relegate them all to TV except for Wasp and Captain Marvel. Not cool, Feige, not cool.

Ultimate Member

Why would this be a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Girls have cooties.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Smaller budget, less marketing and awareness, lower prestige than having their own movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Girls have cooties.
    Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by brainy1313 View Post
    Smaller budget, less marketing and awareness, lower prestige than having their own movie.

Hahahaha!
    Can't speak for the ABC show but the Disney Streaming shows will probably have massive budgets if Star Wars is any indication which series will have a 100 million dollar budget for 10 episodes.

As for films there only so many slots and it's a given once the merger is done the FF and X-Men related properties will start taking some along with already planned sequels.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Disney seems to be jumping into the streaming game with both feet. I don't think they'll lowball the budgets. And I think TV is beginning to catch up to movies in terms of prestige, if not profitability.

Hahahaha!
    If Disney/Marvel can produce something similar to Supergirl, Flash and Green Arrow, I'm sure a lot of fans would be very happy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    If Disney/Marvel can produce something similar to Supergirl, Flash and Green Arrow, I'm sure a lot of fans would be very happy.
    I would hope they have their sights a little higher than that.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Also the Scarlet Witch TV series could be a good way to resolve the Quicksilver situation. If Fiege wants to use the X-Men as he plans without a reboot , he can use the TV series to explain away the last Quicksilver in a arc. (genetic aged clone)

Wanda learns she has a brother , a real Quicksilver out there and we see its the X-Men one.

Also its a nice way to get characters TV time that need it now. Plus hey we learn Loki must survive...fuckin a !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Also the Scarlet Witch TV series could be a good way to resolve the Quicksilver situation. If Fiege wants to use the X-Men as he plans without a reboot , he can use the TV series to explain away the last Quicksilver in a arc. (genetic aged clone)

Wanda learns she has a brother , a real Quicksilver out there and we see its the X-Men one.

Also its a nice way to get characters TV time that need it now. Plus hey we learn Loki must survive...fuckin a !
    I fully believe the X-Men and FF are getting hard reboots the Fox films continuity are a mess also the films quality go from great to awful and I can't see Fiege wanting that tied to the MCU.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-19-2018 at 07:50 PM.

I'm not sure about the relegating women to just tv part There is an imbalance, but I don't think it far outweighs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I fully believe the X-Men and FF are getting hard reboots the Fox films continuity are a mess also the films quality go from great to awful and I can't see Fiege wanting that tied to the MCU.
    Yes. Oh yes.

The Loki/Scarlet Witch shows and this new ABC one are totally unrelated. It's been said for a while now that ABC was producing a female-led Marvel show, it's gonna be just like the others we've had so far. The Loki/Scarlet Witch ones are supposedly a whole new thing, done by Marvel Studios rather than Marvel TV.

First with these Loki and Scarlet Witch shows coming to the streaming service and now with this female hero team (psst, it's A-Force) drama from the screenwriter of Wonder Woman! Too many shows, it's freaking me out! And oh, so, Feige's big plan for female heroes in the MCU is to relegate them all to TV except for Wasp and Captain Marvel. Not cool, Feige, not cool.
    Well, I'm pretty sure Kamala will have her own movie during phase 4, and I'm betting MCU will have their own version of the Champions, so we will probably see Stature in it, and maybe there is a chance she will get her own movie? Anyway, my guess is that at least 2 more female lead movies will be produced for phase 4 (this doesn't count the Captain Marvel sequence, which will probably happen, and the possible Black Widow movie).

And about the TV shows, honestly, I'm not exactly fond of the idea of having a Loki TV show. I like the character, and I like Tom Hiddleston, but I think that Loki already got a lot of attention in the MCU, and there are many more interesting characters to explore. I think the idea of having a Valkyrie series is way better. They could show her life before the battle with Hela and how she got to Sakaar. Scarlet Witch series? I'm totally down for it.

The focus of these series should be characters that didn't get enough screentime, not the ones who already played major roles in the MCU movies.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-20-2018 at 01:38 AM.

BANNED

If you asked me: I think Kevin Feige with all of his pull at Disney should do whatever it takes to get Marvel television alongside with Marvel Films. At the very least Disney should inverting somehow, right ?

What I am trying to say is someone needs to at the very least listen to fan demands and at the very least have a crossover plans for members of the Defenders to meet members of the MCU Films, right ?

I mean I want to see Luke Cage work with Captain America...have Rand Industries mention Stark Industries. SOMETHING ELSE CONCRETE to prove that it is "all connected."

Is it really that too much to ask given all the money Disney makes from the Marvel films and what percentage it makes from the Netflix Marvel shows that Disney cannot schedule SOMETHING of a Meeting between the Street Heroes of Marvel Television and the BIG MCU FILM HEROES ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    If you asked me: I think Kevin Feige with all of his pull at Disney should do whatever it takes to get Marvel television alongside with Marvel Films. At the very least Disney should inverting somehow, right ?

What I am trying to say is someone needs to at the very least listen to fan demands and at the very least have a crossover plans for members of the Defenders to meet members of the MCU Films, right ?

I mean I want to see Luke Cage work with Captain America...have Rand Industries mention Stark Industries. SOMETHING ELSE CONCRETE to prove that it is "all connected."

Is it really that too much to ask given all the money Disney makes from the Marvel films and what percentage it makes from the Netflix Marvel shows that Disney cannot schedule SOMETHING of a Meeting between the Street Heroes of Marvel Television and the BIG MCU FILM HEROES ?
    They shouldn't simply because in films you have limited amount of time and if they introduced TV characters they'd need to explain who they are because most film fans don't watch the TV shows. As for the film actors being on TV the cost wouldn't justify it if you're going to pay their prices you want it to be used for a film.