Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Barsoom. I'd have superpowers there. Plus it's full of red-skinned space babes wearing nothing but jewels.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Iain M. Banks' Culture.
    It's what Star Trek's Federation wants to be when it grows up and develops proper technology.
    Effective immortality in a morally-relative post-scarcity society... As long as I'm a Culture citizen on a GSV that stays deep in Culture territory, I'll be fine. I'll find ways to deal with the ennui.

I read most of the books last year, and absolutely loved them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Two Rivers sound good to me. That is, if there are no mad male channelers around.

Sci-Fi. The Holodeck alone would make it worthwhile. Fantasy is SUPER dangerous. If you're not born to the right tribe/clan/family, you're finished. You may not be able to do magic. Dragons may eat you. You could be boren a non-human but with a humanoid form. No modern medicine just hocus-pocus. Toiling the fields for food. Nah, Fantasy life would suck.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Star Trek is closest to our world and I absolutely love the idea of it. So its Roddenberry.

ETA: My mother is going with Trek too. Though she loves Middle Earth like I do, she cant see "roughing" it.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 09-30-2018 at 06:07 PM.