Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Hereos

One of the very under the radar titles ever done

Wasn't that part of Waid's Anarchist Legion run?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

Loved Barry Kitson's art on this, but I didn't care for the direction of most of the characters.

I usually like Mark Waid's writing, but he lost me with this one. Most of the legionnaires weren't even likeable in this run.

I'm a Legion Lifer, but yeah - I just could not find interest in that version of the team. I still bought the book when Supergirl was there, but for the life of me I can't remember anything about that run. I ended up dropping it later.

The art and seeing an iconic Supergirl back on the team were the highlights for me on this run.

Didn't necessarily dislike Waid's ideas, but restarting the team a 3rd time really wore on me.
    It felt like a step backward, only because everything had to be re-established yet again.
    I can only sit through all those origins so many times before I just get bored.
    But again, didn't hate the run, it just suffered from restart exhaustion through no fault of it's own.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm a Legion Lifer, but yeah - I just could not find interest in that version of the team. I still bought the book when Supergirl was there, but for the life of me I can't remember anything about that run. I ended up dropping it later.
    That sums up the Three boot perfectly. Forgettable. You could tell even Waid was bored of the series after his first long drug out arc.

BANNED

And yet this was listed several times a a top 10 DC run in another thread, although not necessarily the Supergirl rum. I loved this run though, especially the romance between Supergirl and Braniac V

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That sums up the Three boot perfectly. Forgettable. You could tell even Waid was bored of the series after his first long drug out arc.
    I found the run full of interesting concepts that were never fleshed out.

The poor guy ran out of ideas by issue #12. I think the addition of Super Girl was a hail Mary that worked for a bit.

Remember in her own book Kara was portrayed as a troubled teen with a bit of jailbait thrown in.

If you wanted to read a less sensationalist version Waid's Legion was your only option.