Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    -- i was fine for most of the first year of the book. i was even on board for that... odd brainy/dream girl thing. the art was gorgeous. but i remember it crashing hard very suddenly, and adding a super-character to the book seemed... forced. i have no idea if it was editorially mandated or if waid wanted it the whole way. i kept reading but wasn't horribly impressed by it.
    I hated that they killed off one of my favorite members (won't say who in case someone hasn't read it but wants to). And the changes to Projectra's personality were horrible (although it did fit right with the rotten attitudes of most of the legionnaires.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I hated that they killed off one of my favorite members (won't say who in case someone hasn't read it but wants to). And the changes to Projectra's personality were horrible (although it did fit right with the rotten attitudes of most of the legionnaires.)
    who did they kill? Invisible kid?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The point where this series lost me completely was issue 15 with Waid's giant middle finger to anyone who was not a silver age fanboy. It was like Waid went out of his way to say "oh you like those characters created in the 70's? Well #@*& YOU! I aint bringing any of them back!!!" That bait and switch cover was when I just said screw Waid. Waid seemed to have an active hate for any character created after the Adventure era even though they were some of the most popular members of the team of all time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    who did they kill? Invisible kid?
    spoilers:
    Dream Girl
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    Dream Girl
    end of spoilers
    I don't remember that. I remember her have problems with her dreams... was she blocked? Its been a lot of years and I forget.

BANNED

I don't remember that. I remember her have problems with her dreams... was she blocked? Its been a lot of years and I forget.
    Yeah - OK , now I remember this and how she was returning to Braniac 5 and how he became obsessed with her ghost.

Extraordinary Member

Barry Kitson was born to draw Legion of Super Heroes. Loved his artwork in this series. Too bad the writing wasn't on that same level.

Last edited by caj; 10-01-2018 at 12:20 PM.

BANNED

Barry Kitson was born to draw Legion of Super Heroes. Loved his artwork in this series. Too bad the writing wasn't on that same level.

Those were the best Supergirl stories!

It's interesting, the Waid/Threeboot run was my first Legion reading experience, despite having read about all the characters and their histories and relationships in wikis, etc. I found the Legion daunting, so it was easy for me to get onboard with it restarting.

I remember enjoying it and the concept put forth regarding this version of the Legion, but didn't think it was the most exceptional thing that I'd ever read. It's easier when you don't have firsthand reading experience of the other classic runs.

I have a few thoughts about what they need to try with the Legion next, to make it work, but I look forward to jumping back in whenever they return when Doomsday Clock resolves itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It's interesting, the Waid/Threeboot run was my first Legion reading experience, despite having read about all the characters and their histories and relationships in wikis, etc. I found the Legion daunting, so it was easy for me to get onboard with it restarting.

I remember enjoying it and the concept put forth regarding this version of the Legion, but didn't think it was the most exceptional thing that I'd ever read. It's easier when you don't have firsthand reading experience of the other classic runs.

I have a few thoughts about what they need to try with the Legion next, to make it work, but I look forward to jumping back in whenever they return when Doomsday Clock resolves itself.
    Who would use use for the illustrator and the writer?

Mike Allred crosses my mind

BANNED

Or maybe Steranko but he would never take on such a commitment at this point. Ellis and Cassady... one can dream.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Putting Allred on the Legion is giving it a death sentence right out of the gate. Allred is the definition of a niche artist and is no where near popular enough to launch a new book. No book he has ever done has been a big seller because his style is so polarizing with people either really loving it or really hating it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Putting Allred on the Legion is giving it a death sentence right out of the gate. Allred is the definition of a niche artist and is no where near popular enough to launch a new book. No book he has ever done has been a big seller because his style is so polarizing with people either really loving it or really hating it.
    But he is good at making idnvidualized characters that look different, even in the fact. With a lot of legionaires, I thought that would be an advantage

Extraordinary Member

The point where this series lost me completely was issue 15 with Waid's giant middle finger to anyone who was not a silver age fanboy. It was like Waid went out of his way to say "oh you like those characters created in the 70's? Well #@*& YOU! I aint bringing any of them back!!!" That bait and switch cover was when I just said screw Waid. Waid seemed to have an active hate for any character created after the Adventure era even though they were some of the most popular members of the team of all time.

Yeah, I was very excited by the cover and extremely disappointed when I read the issue.

Astonishing Member

Waid seemed so pleased with himself for coming up with new takes on the characters, we.g., Colossal Boy being a giant who shrank. But his story lines, and especially the villains he created, were dull and uninspired. The characters added in the Bronze Age were some of the best/most interesting. To avoid their use was idiotic.