Fantastic Member

Default Sinestro vs Sub-Mariner

New 52 Thaal vs 616 Namor
    No BFR and No Parallax for Sinestro
    Who Wins?

HOW is Namor supposed to get through auto shields as Sinsetro just murders him
    Then?

How tough and durable is Namor? I always thought he was tougher than Aquaman (feel free to correct).

I ask because Sinestro's constructs (like any Lantern's) can be destroyed by pure force. And auto shields don't necessarily mean invulnerability, either -- superstrong characters have punched them and, while the auto shield protects them from turning into chunky salsa, they definitely feel the shock and can get dizzy or even knocked out.

I'm not saying Namor wins this match, but his strength shouldn't be underestimated.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-20-2018 at 12:04 PM.

A healthy soggy Namor is class 100 yeah. Not the peak of said class, but still. I could see him breaking constructs with time.

Just with relative speeds and abilities, he's not going to do so. Sinestro won't just be standing there.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    A healthy soggy Namor is class 100 yeah. Not the peak of said class, but still. I could see him breaking constructs with time.

Just with relative speeds and abilities, he's not going to do so. Sinestro won't just be standing there.
    But neither is Namor, esp if, somehow the fight turns underwater. But even in the air, he's a decent and quick flyer, as well. Nowhere near as fast as Sinestro's travel times, but their reaction times are much closer.

Again, not saying Namor's going to win, but I doubt it's going to be a cake walk. He's not going just stand there to let Sinestro "murder him."

No, but Sinestro is a lot quicker. And can mess up higher-end Class 100s than Namor.

Sinestro's shields should hold up long enough for him to mind-wipe Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Sinestro's shields should hold up long enough for him to mind-wipe Namor.
    Wait, he can mind-wipe now? Oh geeze.

: Has become calm.:

Oh Namor is strong and everything and could hurt the shields.

Problem is he has to touch Sinestro, and big S can kil Namor way before the royal smashing.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

New 52 Sinestro took a planet exploding in his face with rather little harm, and took no particular actions to bolster his shields when he did so. Just before this, he shoved a drill construct all the way through the chest of the monstrously powerful entity who blew up said planet.

I don't really think Namor is going to win a punch fest, but even if he could, he needs to close on Sinestro to make that happen, and Sinestro can blast him with all kinds of hell before he can do that. He can slice him, send constructs into his orifices to target his internal organs, dehydrate him, go for transmutation, or just frag him to all hell.

Sinestro wins 10/10, is what I'm saying. He might have to exert himself to do it but Namor is never touching him.

Edit: I don't remember if New 52 Lanterns had phasing feats, and I'm not sure the Lantern comics being a direct continuation of at least the Johns run allows for feats to transfer at all from post crisis, but the post crisis Lanterns could go intangible rather casually.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 09-21-2018 at 11:25 AM.