Thread: Fisher Toys

Default Fisher Toys

https://www.fisher-price.com/en_CA/b...S-and-VILLAINS

Steve is getting more love. Why don’t we have Etta Candy toys? I mean how should Etta Candy be handled in other medias?

Incredible Member

The scope of Imaginext's Wonder Woman family is pretty impressive. I think they've previously done a Themyscira playset, Diana's Invisible Jet (of course), Hippolyta, Ares, both Priscilla and Barbara as "Cheetah" and quite a few Wonder Woman variants.

And now with this multi-pack, including Artemis, Donna and Hercules, the Wonder Family is expanding even further. There also seems to be some kind of pack including Zeus (and a flying lion) as well. They just need Cassie Sandsmark, Phillipus and maybe Etta Candy to round out her main allies.

It's really amazing in comparison to the breadth of Wonder Family characters available in the main action figure lines from Mattel and DC.

A Wonder Etta would be quite nice

Or maybe... Etta Candy candy??? Shaped like Etta with various outfits.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Nice set but what's the point of including Hercules? He hasn't had much of any interaction with Diana in years plus he's a public domain character. They should have included another WW villain like Giganta, Dr. Psycho, or Dr. Poison.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 09-20-2018 at 06:26 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Never have I wanted an upvote option more than now...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    The scope of Imaginext's Wonder Woman family is pretty impressive. I think they've previously done a Themyscira playset, Diana's Invisible Jet (of course), Hippolyta, Ares, both Priscilla and Barbara as "Cheetah" and quite a few Wonder Woman variants.
    I think Cheetah has four different variant figures already? That's kind of crazy for a female villain in a toyline targeted primarily to young boys.

I've personally been a big fan of the series ever since they introduced Wonder Woman in her invisible jet. It's pretty great that they have such a plethora of female characters available and even more on the way; I would've killed for these as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Nice set but what's the point of including Hercules? He hasn't had much of any interaction with Diana in years plus he's a public domain character. They should have included another WW villain like Giganta, Dr. Psycho, or Dr. Poison.
    They probably already had the molding to create Hercules.

I am surprised Giganta hasn't been made yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think Cheetah has four different variant figures already? That's kind of crazy for a female villain in a toyline targeted primarily to young boys.

I've personally been a big fan of the series ever since they introduced Wonder Woman in her invisible jet. It's pretty great that they have such a plethora of female characters available and even more on the way; I would've killed for these as a kid.

They probably already had the molding to create Hercules.

I am surprised Giganta hasn't been made yet though.

You're probably right. It's just weird that they used most of the New 52 cast and costumes and then there's Hercules in generic garb.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That's...pretty brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    That's...pretty brilliant.
    Haha, thanks, lol.

I thought of that many years ago reading old WW where Etta would sit there eating pounds of candy. Then she would say "Woo-woo" and go beat someone up. I always thought they needed to sell whatever she was eating, but make them in her image. In today's time period, that would be easy to do.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    https://www.fisher-price.com/en_CA/b...S-and-VILLAINS

Steve is getting more love. Why don’t we have Etta Candy toys? I mean how should Etta Candy be handled in other medias?
    It's too bad Steve is described as "soldier."

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    It's too bad Steve is described as "soldier."

I noticed that too. I think Fisher was trying to save on licensing fees with Steve(referring to him as "Soldier) and Hercules(public domain).

Anybody get a Flashpoint Wonder Woman yet?

https://www.fisher-price.com/en_CA/b...t-Wonder-Woman

It's one of the possibilities in the Series 4 DC Super Friends (blind) foil packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    You're probably right. It's just weird that they used most of the New 52 cast and costumes and then there's Hercules in generic garb.
    I think most of these are cobbled together redeco's of previous sculpts, much the way I believe Hippolyta was...