Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How do you prefer the Green Goblin?

Do you prefer him as more of a tech based villain or something along the lines of the ultimate Goblin where he's a hulking monster? Also, do you believe the Goblin formula should trigger any physical mutations other than enhancing his stats?

Astonishing Member

I think he should definitely be a tech-based villain. And he should look like a normal person without the suit. However, that shouldn't preclude him being a 'monster'.

I kinda see the Goblin as a blend between the Joker and Lex Luthor. He wears a costume and functions like a crazed super-villain, but he's a cold, calculating mastermind who, while he may have psychological issues, is not 'insane' the way the Joker is.

Tech based definitely. Goblin serum should only enhance his physical stats, not appearance.

Astonishing Member

I prefer him medium-rare.

Sorry, couldn’t resist. I like OG Green Goblin of course. Wealthy and crazed industrialist who sometimes dresses up in his green pajamas and is obsessed with destroying Peter Parker’s life. None of that hulking monster crap for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I prefer him medium-rare.

Sorry, couldn’t resist. I like OG Green Goblin of course. Wealthy and crazed industrialist who sometimes dresses up in his green pajamas and is obsessed with destroying Peter Parker’s life. None of that hulking monster crap for me.
    Agreed. I much prefer the Green Goblin from the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon series.

While Ultimate Green Goblin was really cool for one universe, there is nothing like the classic Green Meanie. Although honestly I wouldn't be opposed to seeing something similar with a new character with some of the ideas of Ultimate Green Goblin. I just wouldn't want it to be Norman Osbourne.

Ultimate Member

Mask and tech for me.

It just drives home how ridiculously insane the dude is.

BANNED

I kinda like the glider and the goofy mask...

On the other hand, Ultimate Osborn is to me by far the best incarnation of Norman Osborn (except for Warren Ellis' "So says president Goblin" Osborn, but that isn't sustainable).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Mask and tech for me.

It just drives home how ridiculously insane the dude is.
    He's a paragon of mental health compared to Ultimate Osborn.

iMan 42s

I prefer the technological Green Goblin, but I do like both. It's just that for the main version the goblin formula feels superfluous so I don't really see the need for the crazed state, powers, or ability to cheat death.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

"We all wear masks Spider-Man, but which one is real? The one that hides your face, or the one that is your face?"

I prefer a more tech based Goblin, of course not as tech based as Raimi's Spider-Man 1, I do need a little of that whimsical (the fact that he dresses up as a mythical creature and designs his bombs to look like jack-o-lanterns is pretty nuts)

Think of Norman like a evil mirror Bruce Wayne, it can be argues that their masked entities are the real person... Hell Norman even has batarangs!

I prefer the monster
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

I can say dead right?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I can say dead right?
    Whatever floats your boat.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    "We all wear masks Spider-Man, but which one is real? The one that hides your face, or the one that is your face?"

I prefer a more tech based Goblin, of course not as tech based as Raimi's Spider-Man 1, I do need a little of that whimsical (the fact that he dresses up as a mythical creature and designs his bombs to look like jack-o-lanterns is pretty nuts)

Think of Norman like a evil mirror Bruce Wayne, it can be argues that their masked entities are the real person... Hell Norman even has batarangs!
    Spectacular Spider-Man's Green Goblin was probably the best portrayal of the character yet, and the only one outside the original comics that fully captured how twisted and monstrous he really was. That said, my Green Goblin preference is that the "Goblin" is simply him externalizing his monstrous inner nature through a mask, as opposed to him physically transforming into a monster.
    The spider is always on the hunt.