Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

I don't know where this is from, but I just saw it on Twitter LOL:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't know where this is from, but I just saw it on Twitter LOL:
    The O5 summed up hahahah. And Scott has never looked more flamboyant.

That looks like something from one of the old What the... !? comics.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    ******* doesn't stoop to our societal restrictions on sexuality and gender identity.
    Hmm. I guess your right but I think that makes ******* bi.

Despite this pervasive and stalkerish subplot between Roxy and Cessily, at least we got this moment that I would point to and say: "Yeah Jubilee? She's not straight."

Jubes didn't even know how to react. It's a shame that Strain pulled a JonoLee romance out of nowhere when we could've spent some time with Jubilee exploring her sexuality. Going on speed dates, having Chamber be her lesbro, all while teaching her class (and I wouldn't put Roxy in her class because......teacher/student romances need to be purged from this Earth. but she can be the Anole to Jubes' Iceman).
    Eh, the less said about Wood's X-Men run the better, to be honest. I would've been fine if Strain had not mentioned it at all (incl. the Roxy/Mercury pairing) in fact

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I read this New Defenders run when I was teen and Cloud's issue impressed me quite much. I found the plot highly interesting and I'm not surprised now that I've checked that the character was created by the kind of anti-establishment J.M. DeMatteis. I think it was a good approximation to bi/trans people, it's a shame it wasn't developed more.

A bit phobic comment by Jubilee. Just for fun, please don't take offence

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    A bit phobic comment by Jubilee. Just for fun, please don't take offence

Her ADD is off the charts here⬆️⬆️

This may seem a bit strange to some, since most of writers insist on show him as a ladies' man, but Longshot always had a strong queer potential. Of course because of his androgynous look, to begin with.

His queer quality doesn't have so much to do with his sexuality (I think Longshot is basically asexual, and positively aromantic) than with his stance on conservative gender roles. Which he blows, needless to say.

Besides he's not precisely an alpha male in none of his traits, Longshot seemed alien to conventionalisms already in his former mini. His impulse is dealing with any creature under the same conditions, so since he may eventually act in 'old characteristic female distinctive ways' (peaceful, kind and friendly), his partner Ricochet Rita is what formerly was called a tomboy, despite she's clearly hetero.

Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 09-24-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post

His queer quality doesn't have so much to do with his sexuality (I think Longshot is basically asexual, and positively aromantic)
    Nah Longshot Loves the Ladies.....
    longshot27.jpg

When Longshot joined the X-Men, Dazzler promptly took him as her lover. Yes, she took him, and I'm persuaded that if any other X-Woman or X-Man would have overtaken Alison, it would have made no difference to Longshot (he loves everybody, he's not in love with anybody, and he seems to have sex just in order to please the person he's with).

Since Ali's personality is much more domineering and possessive, it turned something common to see her leading Longshot by the hand, or Longshot riding pillion on her bike.

Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 09-24-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah Longshot Loves the Ladies.....
    longshot27.jpg
    Mmmm... This is PAD. And as much as I love XFI and PAD, I VERY much disagree in the way he dealt with Longshot. First, he stole all of his queer potential (among other things) to put them in Shatterstar, so 'Star became a favorite character and Longshot went on being a Z. Second, this scene in particular has been very controversial, but this time because of the artist (without PAD's intervention) who drew a glow in Longshot's eye as if he had used his luck power to 'push' Dazzler to bed (rape?).

Again, my interpretation is Longshot made this offer to Alison in order to please her because she's a close friend and his only ex-lover. He has had no sex with anybody but her. Do you really think he's madly in love with her, or it's more like some kind of loyalty?

Not saying that he doesn't enjoy sex, BTW.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 09-24-2018 at 05:33 AM.

Now a pair of scenes from the 90-00 that are more explicitly LGTBIQ friendly.

'Fools' by J.M. DeMatteis & Michael Zulli (Dorothy is strong here):

'Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe' by Christopher Hastings & Jacopo Camagni:

BTW, there's a scene in XFI in which a man gives his phone number to Longshot and he of course accepts it. I can't find the scan.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 09-25-2018 at 03:02 AM.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Newsflash, *******, Jubilee and the Academy X Kids Have Been Gay The Entire Goddamn Time!: Part II of III

Jubes didn't even know how to react. It's a shame that Strain pulled a JonoLee romance out of nowhere when we could've spent some time with Jubilee exploring her sexuality. Going on speed dates, having Chamber be her lesbro, all while teaching her class (and I wouldn't put Roxy in her class because......teacher/student romances need to be purged from this Earth. but she can be the Anole to Jubes' Iceman).
    I felt like the Jubes and Jono arc was a missed opportunity to see them bond over being their common lack of body autonomy. While Jubilee's vampiric aspect got a lot of spotlight at the time, I was really hoping that Strain would have also spent some time focusing on how Chamber's body is essentially a homonculus powered by the psychic energy that's his actual self.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    I felt like the Jubes and Jono arc was a missed opportunity to see them bond over being their common lack of body autonomy. While Jubilee's vampiric aspect got a lot of spotlight at the time, I was really hoping that Strain would have also spent some time focusing on how Chamber's body is essentially a homonculus powered by the psychic energy that's his actual self.
    Instead of all the pages and pages and stories with QQ? Yea there were a lot of missed opportunities in that series.