Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Beast is straight but is a staunch ally. He probably makes celebrity fundraising appearances at the Marvel Universe’ Ruth Ellis Center.
    Ehhh, I still have an issue with Beast saying he was gay to Trish to break up with her/hurt her feelings. Ally yes, but mehhhh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Claremont's original intent was that Mystique and Destiny be Nightcrawler's biological parents. The Comic Code Authority of that day and age wouldn't let Claremont overtly state the two of them to be in a relationship let alone something as wild as a woman shapeshift into a man and impregnate her lover..
    Even without the code it's a bit much for a comic book. And honestly it would just give fuel to some bigot fire to say "the way he looks is punishment for their sin"

I personally liked it better that Mystique gave birth to him that she was the "mom" in that instance. Her character is usually so hard and I think it softens her a bit. She's different with Kurt than she is with Rogue or Graydon.

@Yogaflame

Never-mind, I was wrong.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    well,...Marvel actually has a long history wasting great actress for boring, underused roles...to name a few: Rachel McAdams, Michelle Pfeiffer, Rene Russo, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Conelly,...and Lupita seems to fit this pattern.
    This is true, but I wouldn't put Lupita in the same category as the long-suffering/supporting girlfriend/wife roles. She was probably the 3rd most important character in BP after T'challa and Killmonger. The only reason Shuri would be considered a "better part" is because she was funny and a genius. The only wasted actress from that movie who should be added to your list is Queen Angela Bassett. And just like Michelle and Rene, she played the underused mother who happens to be over 50. So don't expect much from Annette Bening if she's play Carol's mother.
    But the ulimate waste of an Actor's talent was Diva Glenn Close. Could you imagine Meryl Streep playing such a non-character as Nova Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    @Yogaflame

Never-mind, I was wrong.
    Wrong about what, dear?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Wrong about what, dear?
    The Sue thing.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Even without the code it's a bit much for a comic book. And honestly it would just give fuel to some bigot fire to say "the way he looks is punishment for their sin"

I personally liked it better that Mystique gave birth to him that she was the "mom" in that instance. Her character is usually so hard and I think it softens her a bit. She's different with Kurt than she is with Rogue or Graydon.
    To me, it made no sense either way. They don't want the sin & "corruptness" of two women having a bio baby. But it was somehow better for one of the women to get pregnant by a monster / demon of Hell. lol

I don't think Mystique needs to be trans. But it would be good to see her with another woman again, and dealing with having another serious female lover after Destiny. Give her another steady relationship with someone who can ground her a bit, and take her out of cackling madwoman territory & in a deeper direction -again.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-21-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The Sue thing.
    Water under the bridge. I was just teasing anyways(plus I don't think a lot of ppl here knew about that little blip on the radar; you know I love my history).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    To me, it made no sense either way. They don't want the sin & "corruptness" of two women having a bio baby. But it was somehow better for one of the women to get pregnant by a monster / demon of Hell. lol

I don't think Mystique needs to be trans. But it would be good to see her with another woman again, and dealing with having another serious female lover after Destiny. Give her another steady relationship with someone who can ground her a bit, and take her out of cackling madwoman territory & in a deeper direction -again.
    It shouldn't be too difficult.

They repeatedly showed her having multiple fake lives (some with husbands and families), so presumably she had an opened relationship with Irene. No reason she couldn't hookup with someone else now.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

You're not taking the times into account though. Claremont's story can easily pass off today.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You're not taking the times into account though. Claremont's story can easily pass off today.
    Something being accepted by society and being accepted by comic fans is completely different

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Something being accepted by society and being accepted by comic fans is completely different
    I think the kinda/number of fans not accepting of Kurt's proposed parentage would be equal to the people in society not cool with it

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This thread is everything. Thank you for creating it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Also back then comics were for kids

A mutant from Biblical times who was called a demon, similar to the mob who called Nightcrawler a demon when he got picked up by Xavier.