Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Now, now....

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

krabs.jpg
    Pic Related: Reaction
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Now, now....

Malice is the crappy evil version of Sue that was created when she was mindraped. It's not something she enjoys, that costume exists because it's so opposite to who Sue is. It (thankfully) hasn't been seen since the 90s and hopefully never will again.

Anyway, this isn't the point of this thread.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-21-2018 at 04:14 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    The subtext that became canon:

Attachment 71062

Attachment 71063

"They became LOVERS."

The last image also shows Nightcrawler's real biological parents!!!

I think it is time to make Mystique genderqueer again. She clearly is not cis and Eric Raven is Nightcrawler's father. Telling the story who is Nightcrawler's mother in the comicbooks would be so amazing!!! Azazel needs to vanish from Nightcrawler's past anyway!

Iceman:

Attachment 71064
    Destiny is dead, and having Mystique assume a male form to get a woman pregnant who looks like she went through menopause 70 years ago just isn't a compelling LGBT story. Keep Mystique as she is.

I'm gay btw.

While I'm glad they decided to make Iceman gay, interpreting every act or friendship or love between two same sex characters as gay is just plain silly. Just because someone is friends with someone or cares for them does not mean they are interested in pursuing a sexual relationship.

With Disney having the X-Men rights back there's no chance we'll see a Storm/Yukio relationship as we'll see Storm in a Black Panther movie soon enough.

We won't see Wolverine and Nightcrawler as gay either.

Iceman made sense to be revealed as gay. This was a character who had been extremely underdeveloped and despite his powers and being one of the founding X-Men was just used as a class clown (not the best one at that).

Ultimate Member

Who knows for Storm given that Marvel doesn't have her rights back yet, and depending on how they do the X-Men, as in a reboot or not...not sure that they'd have Storm like 10 years older than the O5 at the very start...Storm could be mentioned in the next movie or so as one of BP's ex's...or he could look through a photo album or a painting or something on the wall with Storm in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Malice is the crappy evil version of Sue that was created when she was mindraped. It's not something she enjoys, that costume exists because it's so opposite to who Sue is. It (thankfully) hasn't been seen since the 90s and hopefully never will again.

Anyway, this isn't the point of this thread.
    Just saying, "*psychic manipulation based BDSM she shares this trait with Sue Storm" had a ring of truth to it.

BANNED

and she is also making sure that Iceman stops misogynistic behavior and rhetoric pandering for acceptance within hetero-patriachical milieus. I find this actually pretty smart how Bendis ties his coming out together with Jean calling him out for being sexist. Iceman hides his own queerness and probably more feminine character trades by articulating sexism.
    Good points. That was well done. In real life you really do have men who catcall women in order to fit in with other guys, when they are on the downlow/in the closet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Who knows for Storm given that Marvel doesn't have her rights back yet, and depending on how they do the X-Men, as in a reboot or not...not sure that they'd have Storm like 10 years older than the O5 at the very start...Storm could be mentioned in the next movie or so as one of BP's ex's...or he could look through a photo album or a painting or something on the wall with Storm in it...
    Kevin Feige is already making plans and it's announced he will be controlling the X-Men as Disney said they will not have two Marvels.

Just saying, "*psychic manipulation based BDSM she shares this trait with Sue Storm" had a ring of truth to it.
    Only if you look at things very superficially. If Sue has any kink it's for men in power.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think it's just as likely they keep Ororo young, but introduce her in BP anyways, just not as a love interest. There's no way they would waste Lupita like that when they didn't even have her betray T'Challa and help Killmonger like she did in the comics. Not that I think they would actually make MCU Ororo queer either, but I actually don't think they'll start with a 35/40 year old Storm. Or any of the X-Men for that matter, outside of maybe Charles(who should line up with T'Challa and Stephen age-wise, even if they don't do Illuminati straight up).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Destiny is dead, and having Mystique assume a male form to get a woman pregnant who looks like she went through menopause 70 years ago just isn't a compelling LGBT story. Keep Mystique as she is.
    I disagree. I think we urgently need trans representation in every media. I know many gay men who have no sensitivity when it comes to trans identities although they claim to be proud members of the LGBTQ+ community. I think Mystique could be revealed to be trans would make an compelling story. Why not?

Spectacular Member

I think it's just as likely they keep Ororo young, but introduce her in BP anyways, just not as a love interest. There's no way they would waste Lupita like that when they didn't even have her betray T'Challa and help Killmonger like she did in the comics. Not that I think they would actually make MCU Ororo queer either, but I actually don't think they'll start with a 35/40 year old Storm. Or any of the X-Men for that matter, outside of maybe Charles(who should line up with T'Challa and Stephen age-wise, even if they don't do Illuminati straight up).
    well,...Marvel actually has a long history wasting great actress for boring, underused roles...to name a few: Rachel McAdams, Michelle Pfeiffer, Rene Russo, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Conelly,...and Lupita seems to fit this pattern.

I disagree. I think we urgently need trans representation in every media. I know many gay men who have no sensitivity when it comes to trans identities although they claim to be proud members of the LGBTQ+ community. I think Mystique could be revealed to be trans would make an compelling story. Why not?
    I think it actually trivializes real trans people(and their real struggles) by making Raven, an actual metamorph[who can easily slip between forms in a utilitarian manner], portrayed as trans. Raven is already a bi-leaning lesbian. That's good enough. Cloud might be a better character to reframe as trans, and having Bobby re-examine his relationship with them would actually cut to your point more effectively. If not just create a new character so as to focus their backstory and arc completely with this in mind.

BANNED

https://community.cbr.com/attachment...chmentid=71063

Is Eric Raven really Nightcrawler's dad? I thought it was Azazel?

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    https://community.cbr.com/attachment...chmentid=71063

Is Eric Raven really Nightcrawler's dad? I thought it was Azazel?
    Claremont's original intent was that Mystique and Destiny be Nightcrawler's biological parents. The Comic Code Authority of that day and age wouldn't let Claremont overtly state the two of them to be in a relationship let alone something as wild as a woman shapeshift into a man and impregnate her lover.

Azazel was another instance of Chuck Austen inserting his weird notions of Christianity into X-Men.