Page 82 of 325 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Yeah, Jlaw has already had 5 minutes more in 2 movies as Halle did in three movies. You should probably drop this, you're completely off base and demonstrably so. JLaw had more screen time in First Class than Halle did in the first two X-men movies COMBINED.

Cmon. Quit cherry picking things - the fact is that the movies J-Law has been in have featured her FAR more than Halle was in her movies. This is a fact. Not debatable.
    Here you go with that confirmation bias again. Here is what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Not talking about all together. But in X2 and X3 it’s around what Jlaw got in DOFP and Apocalypse.

BANNED

Here you go with that confirmation bias again. Here is what I said.
    You don't understand what confirmation bias is.

I have no interest in your cherry picked statements. If you have to dilute your statement that much by cherry picking, you've already lost your point.

Logan was well received to be sure. And I would agree that it was a very good movie - but that shouldn't be surprising. Fox did one thing really, really well and that was Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.

The rest I don't agree. X2 is solid, but not as good as Winter Soldier, Civil War, Iron Man, or several others. The Fox movies always struggled to be truly entertaining at the level of the MCU and because they weren't as fun, exciting, or put together...the flaws stood out more. They had highlights for sure (X2 had several very good ones), but none of that makes up for colossal screw-ups for key characters, a tortured continuity, and no long-term story-telling.

And, ultimately, I want the movies to tell a story together. Not feel isolated and independent from each other as much as these movies have.
    Winter Solider is not as good as X2, X2 made you guess more and the plot unravelled better. X2 has one of the best last 30 minutes of any comic movie, we don't see it today any more since most comic movies usually have the same loud battle non-ending action sequence with a lot of destruction left behind. The excellency of the last arc of X2 set the bar high, no MCU movie has ever reached. I think TDK tried to do with Joker's plan to make two boats blow up and make people choose but that started to drag out compared to the villain of X2 who planned and executed his act, it had to take divine intervention and a little bit of faith and prayer to stop him.

But this is not the place to debate that. I will not put X2 in the same category as Civil War, Iron Man, or several others, the stories of this movies are are thin and ubber straightforward. DOFP is a better comparison since that is a movie that was released around that time. the difference was clear, DOFP was significantly a step beyond Winter Solider. You can't say enough about the depth Jlaw/Fassbender/Mcvoy brought to that film, it's no reason to see why they were considered among the best actors in Hollywood. Does anyone remember the big three of Winter Solider? the actors who played Steve/Black Widow/Falcon? This is simply because Winter Solider while a good movie and a step above the past marvel movies, the movie will be considered average when you stick it with X-Men movies.

The fox movies are not suppose to be fun and exciting as MCU movies because that is not how X-Men comics are. I think this is part Marvel will run into problems, once they make X-Men fun and exciting, their xmen movies would be Justice League. meanwhile X2 would still be x-men's dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The O5 were all but gone in Uncanny X-Men 200?

Have you read the original run from 1963? Factor Three. The Sirius squid. Various underground civilizations? The X-Men wanting nothing more than to be normal?

Attachment 71115

Barring the very last story(where Xavier channels the minds of all the good people on earth through the X-Men to repel the Z'Noxx) and the Claremont- assisted story where they trick the Sentinels into flying into the sun, the original run was pretty bad.
    That's my point by issue 200 when Cyclops was gone I moved on to X-Factor and read it with New Mutants, X-Men Classics, and Excalibur reading only a handful of Uncanny X-Men until the 91 relaunch with the Blue and Gold teams. I've since read that era but at the time a team with no 05 members didn't interest me.

LOL this whole "bias" thing. OF COURSE that most fans are gonna have a bias for a character who's one of the most important ones of the franchise vs one that isn't even supposed to be part of the team. If the people making Fox movies cared about who the X-Men are in the comics, they would be "biased" towards Storm as well, just like the MCU is "biased" towards Captain America and Iron Man on the Avengers vs... Idk, some Avengers villain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Winter Solider is not as good as X2, X2 made you guess more and the plot unravelled better. X2 has one of the best last 30 minutes of any comic movie, we don't see it today any more since most comic movies usually have the same loud battle non-ending action sequence with a lot of destruction left behind. The excellency of the last arc of X2 set the bar high, no MCU movie has ever reached. I think TDK tried to do with Joker's plan to make two boats blow up and make people choose but that started to drag out compared to the villain of X2 who planned and executed his act, it had to take divine intervention and a little bit of faith and prayer to stop him.

But this is not the place to debate that. I will not put X2 in the same category as Civil War, Iron Man, or several others, the stories of this movies are are thin and ubber straightforward. DOFP is a better comparison since that is a movie that was released around that time. the difference was clear, DOFP was significantly a step beyond Winter Solider. You can't say enough about the depth Jlaw/Fassbender/Mcvoy brought that film, it's no reason to see why they were considered among the best actors in Hollywood. Does anyone remember the big three of Winter Solider? the actors who played Steve/Black Widow/Falcon? This is simply because Winter Solider while a good movie and a step above the past marvel movies, the movie will be considered average when you stick it with X-Men movies.

The fox movies are not suppose to be fun and exciting as MCU movies because that is not how X-Men comics are. I think this is part Marvel will run into problems, once they make X-Men fun and exciting, their xmen movies would be Justice League. meanwhile X2 would still be x-men dark knight.
    I would suggest you are in the vast minority on this. You are entitled to that opinion, I won't try and change your mind, but I don't think most movie goers would agree. (And there is evidence to suggest in the aggregate that this is true)

I hope you find some things to like with the upcoming movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOL this whole "bias" thing. OF COURSE that most fans are gonna have a bias for a character who's one of the most important ones of the franchise vs one that isn't even supposed to be part of the team. If the people making Fox movies cared about who the X-Men are in the comics, they would be "biased" towards Storm as well, just like the MCU is "biased" towards Captain America and Iron Man on the Avengers vs... Idk, some Avengers villain.
    Enchantress clearly got screwed on screen time. She should've been wedged into a love triangle with Cap and Iron Man for Civil War. #HowFoxWould'veDoneIt

I just don't have a theory how they could've redesigned Enchantress to be more nude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    And after that Nightcrawler was just a background character who even when trying to tell his backstory Logan told him to shut up.
    We didn’t need to hear his backstory a second time. He already told Storm and Jean he was from the circus, they called him “the incredible Nightcrawler!”, and he is insecure about his looks, etc.

I think there is a video of it on YouTube.

Storm got named headmaster big deal it didn't give her screen time outside of a hug by some random student.
    And leader of the X-Men team, which according to the film was also Xavier’s role. Wolverine leaves the manison, so that only leaves her.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-20-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That's my point by issue 200 when Cyclops was gone I moved on to X-Factor and read it with New Mutants, X-Men Classics, and Excalibur reading only a handful of Uncanny X-Men until the 91 relaunch with the Blue and Gold teams. I've since read that era but at the time a team with no 05 members didn't interest me.
    Understood. To each their own. I really don't see the appeal of the O5 as a unit, even if I can appreciate them to some extent as individuals(and I really didn't like their X-Factor).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

By leader I mean taking Xavier’s place. Even earlier in the film Xavier says he wants her to replace him and you see her running the school at the end.

Nightcrawler was only a pawn for Stryker in the opening scene of the movie, the mind control wore off he left the White House.
    Nightcrawler was the best character in X2, despite Logan having the biggest arc, A demon looking mutant who was a Christian of faith and forgiveness. In Marvel movies, chritisnty and religion has been mentioned but it was a humour relief moment. Once Marvel's X-men start to follow that pattern, it will be hard to say this is better than X2.

BANNED

Lol it's a meme. Doesn't matter that much what the content is, at this point. It'll sell, regardless. Much like Age of Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Eugh. And I can totally see Stark Industries being responsible, too (still surprised they haven't revealed the spider that bit Peter was Stark Tech).
    I can guarantee you that Stark will in no way responsible for mutants. And the spider that bit Peter is also in no way related to Stark. Wanna take a bet?

It's amazing that on one hand you have some seriously hyperbolic statements like this, and on the other hand you believe that they might keep the same continuity as FoX-Men.

Fox can make MYSTIQUE of all people to be the inspiration for Jean and Storm, but MCU gets criticized for things they haven't even done and has an almost zero chances of happening.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 09-20-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I know everyone has a bias, but I talking confirmation bias. Meaning, when person’s brain recalls what they want to recall. We all do that too. I’m just pointing out that some people are not remembering things as well as they think they do.

You don't understand what confirmation bias is.

I have no interest in your cherry picked statements. If you have to dilute your statement that much by cherry picking, you've already lost your point.
    Oh, I do know what confirmation means as shown above.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-20-2018 at 09:56 PM.

I know everyone has a bias, but I talking confirmation bias. Meaning, when person’s brain recalls what they want to recall. We all do that too. I’m just pointing out that some people are not remembering things as well as they think they do.
    Idk, I feel like it just still has a lot to do with what people expect from those movies. Even if Storm and Mystique had the same screentime, it could still feel like either Mystique has too much, or Storm doesn't have enough, or both. Because Storm is originally one of the core X-Men and Mystique is, at most, one of their main antagonists. And I think that's completely normal and valid. On maybe a shitty example, when you watch Harry Potter do you think it makes the most sense for Hermione to have the most screentime or Bellatrix?

I would suggest you are in the vast minority on this. You are entitled to that opinion, I won't try and change your mind, but I don't think most movie goers would agree. (And there is evidence to suggest in the aggregate that this is true)

I hope you find some things to like with the upcoming movies.
    I am not in a vast minority, many who know about xmen have said so. As you see, I broke it down on the difference between X-men and marvel movies. To say I am in vast minority makes no sense to me since X2 is just a loose tied movie of god loves, Man kills and DOFP is DOFP. these are among the top 5 comics of Claremont's stories, they are not fun and exciting as MCU movies. they were ground breaking comic stories that redefined what comics are and today still influnce how comics are written.

Movie goers, expect a lot different from xmen movies. movies goes expect xmen movies to challenge their mind set, Be a lot more strip down and reflect what goes in the world especially what is means to be a minority dealing with prejudice and a whole lot of human baggage.movies goes don't expect xmen movies to be just fun and entertaining with zero substance.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-20-2018 at 10:38 PM.