Page 81 of 325 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Please provide some evidence for this. It seems utterly preposterous on the face of it.
    There is only 5:15 difference in screentime.

Storm in X2 = <10:30>
    Storm in X3 = <10:30>

Mystique in DOFP = <15:45>
    Mystique in Apocalypse = <15:45>

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls021989213/

She was a bit player with terrible dialogue in the first movie. They talked nothing about her history, her ancestry, and all the other components that made Storm a goddess. She was given a supporting role in the third most important story in X2. She was given the leadership of the X-men in X3 - a terrible movie which was mostly about Wolverine and Jean. Not exactly forefront.

I honestly don't know how anyone with a straight face can say the movies have done right by Storm.
    You didn’t read my post carefully.

Can you explain to me how she was treated the third worst without comparing her to the comics?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    It depends on what you call pretty well received. if memory serves me, Logan came out that year and was pretty well received, not just in the same way that Spiderman Homecoming was. DOFP was out the same time as many marvel movies, all were pretty well received but DOFP seem to be pretty well received for many thing marvel movies can't seem to do. story/themes. I said on another thread, DOFP is one of the rare movies , the performances of the actor added to the overall reception of the movie.

MCU highest bar, is the Winter Solider. X2 already set a higher bar. DOFP had a higher bar ironically that same year both films came out in 2014.
    Logan was well received to be sure. And I would agree that it was a very good movie - but that shouldn't be surprising. Fox did one thing really, really well and that was Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.

The rest I don't agree. X2 is solid, but not as good as Winter Soldier, Civil War, Iron Man, or several others. The Fox movies always struggled to be truly entertaining at the level of the MCU and because they weren't as fun, exciting, or put together...the flaws stood out more. They had highlights for sure (X2 had several very good ones), but none of that makes up for colossal screw-ups for key characters, a tortured continuity, and no long-term story-telling.

And, ultimately, I want the movies to tell a story together. Not feel isolated and independent from each other as much as these movies have.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    This is pure confirmation bias. They gave Storm and Nightcrawler their own subplot in X2, had them save the world, and made Storm the leader of the X-Men in X3. Remember?

Halle Berry was basically the Jlaw of the original trilogy. They even had similar screentime.
    A "Leader" where Logan called the shots in the final fight. Nightcrawler's subplot was a pawn of Stryker who did that story end up being about? Logan.

Halle Barry - 7:45, 10:30, 13:30

JLaw - 20:15, 15:45

Your claim is not accurate in the least.

Talk about confirmation bias.
    Bold: That is from First Class, not DOFP.

And I said Storm in X2 and X3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It's a falsehood the 05 era was some failure it was a hit for a while then slumped and was actually doing well again but the numbers came in after the book was put to reprints.
    Umm, let's be real, the original run is abysmal. Do we really need octopus aliens from Sirius and underground civilizations clogging up the MCU debut? I'd start from Giant Sized X-Men(you can even begin that movie with the O5 to placate the purists) and move through Claremont's run from there. That's where all the good stuff is. It's amazing to see what the MCU has done with subpar IP, weaving gold from straw. I can't wait to see what they do with premium content to work from!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

There is only 5:15 difference in screentime.
    Yeah, Jlaw has already had 5 minutes more in 2 movies as Halle did in three movies. You should probably drop this, you're completely off base and demonstrably so. JLaw had more screen time in First Class than Halle did in the first two X-men movies COMBINED.

Cmon. Quit cherry picking things - the fact is that the movies J-Law has been in have featured her FAR more than Halle was in her movies. This is a fact. Not debatable.

A "Leader" where Logan called the shots in the final fight. Nightcrawler's subplot was a pawn of Stryker who did that story end up being about? Logan.
    Yep. Storm's 'leadership' was lip service at best. The original trilogy was allllll Logan.

A "Leader" where Logan called the shots in the final fight
    By leader I mean taking Xavier’s place. Even earlier in the film Xavier says he wants her to replace him and you see her running the school at the end.

Nightcrawler's subplot was a pawn of Stryker who did that story end up being about? Logan.
    Nightcrawler was only a pawn for Stryker in the opening scene of the movie, the mind control wore off he left the White House.

Yeah, Jlaw has already had 5 minutes more in 2 movies as Halle did in three movies. You should probably drop this, you're completely off base and demonstrably so. JLaw had more screen time in First Class than Halle did in the first two X-men movies COMBINED.

Cmon. Quit cherry picking things - the fact is that the movies J-Law has been in have featured her FAR more than Halle was in her movies. This is a fact. Not debatable.
    Hmm, Storm, central character and member of the team since 1975, leader for decades, one of Claremont's shining stars.

Mystique, villain for all of Claremont's run, only a member of the actual X-Men for very brief runs, always ending in betrayal, and all since the Fox-Men movies came out.

I wonder which one should be featured more in the film adaptations?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Umm, let's be real, the original run is abysmal. Do we really need octopus aliens from Sirius and underground civilizations clogging up the MCU debut? I'd start from Giant Sized X-Men(you can even begin that movie with the O5 to placate the purists) and move through Claremont's run from there. That's where all the good stuff is. It's amazing to see what the MCU has done with subpar IP, weaving gold from straw. I can't wait to see what they do with premium content to work from!
    Honestly the 05 got me into X-Men comics from issue 200 of Uncanny X-Men till the 91 Blue and Gold era I read very little Uncanny X-Men books reading X-Factor, New Mutants, Excalibur, and Classic X-Men/X-Men Classic instead in the late 80's.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-20-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Ryan is a raunchy Waypool, and for me, that's the worst version of DP that I am sick of seeing.

Give me back the dark, gritty Deadpool from the 90's. Not the joke he's turned into that Ryan went full throttle on.

So he ain't my Deadpool. But he is very popular, and the films were big hits, so I know he's not going anywhere. And they have to amp up the comedy to make him likable. But for me, EH.

And with Jackman, more than height, he just doesn't feel like Logan. Wasn't feeling his performance, from the little I saw of it. Same with Liev's Sabretooth. Many seem to like him, but he didn't stand out as anything special to me, regarding Sabretooth. And since Sabretooth's character is still treated like trash in the comics, he didn't gain any film stardom -like Magneto, Mystique, and Wolverine got. And I doubt HB's Storm did her any favors. lol

We need a reboot bad, and to have these characters captured in ways that make them something special -and maybe it'll be followed by better comic book treatment. That seems to be how it works -like Deadpool clobbering everyone in Weapon X like preschoolers, and Domino is the only one who put up a real fight. Surprise, surprise, her being a hit in the last DP film.

That’s not wolverine?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hmm, Storm, central character and member of the team since 1975, leader for decades, one of Claremont's shining stars.

Mystique, villain for all of Claremont's run, only a member of the actual X-Men for very brief runs, always ending in betrayal, and all since the Fox-Men movies came out.

I wonder which one should be featured more in the film adaptations?
    You're wrong man. Clearly Storm was the true star. All you have to do to equate Jlaw and Halle is conveniently forget entire movies.

You and your biases.......

By leader I mean taking Xavier’s place. Even earlier in the film Xavier says he wants her to replace him and you see her running the school at the end.

Nightcrawler was only a pawn for Stryker in the opening scene of the movie, the mind control wore off he left the White House.
    And after that Nightcrawler was just a background character who even when trying to tell his backstory Logan told him to shut up. Storm got named headmaster big deal it didn't give her screen time outside of a hug by some random student.

Honestly the 05 got me into X-Men comics from issue 200 of Uncanny X-Men till the 91 Blue and Gold era I read very little Uncanny X-Men books ready X-Factor, New Mutants, Excalibur, and Classic X-Men/X-Men Classic instead in the late 80's.
    The O5 were all but gone in Uncanny X-Men 200?

Have you read the original run from 1963? Factor Three. The Sirius squid. Various underground civilizations? The X-Men wanting nothing more than to be normal?

05arewhack.jpg

Barring the very last story(where Xavier channels the minds of all the good people on earth through the X-Men to repel the Z'Noxx) and the Claremont- assisted story where they trick the Sentinels into flying into the sun, the original run was pretty bad.