Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm wondering if Netflix/Marvel is open to a Kingpin solo mini-series, 10 episodes or something. Kind of like Marvel's answer to Breaking Bad. Maybe before the era of superheroes showing up.

Fisk is donning a white suit, Matt is back in black, obviously this plays with their themes of good/evil, light/dark. I keep noticing that Matt's mask (a torn piece of cloth) seems to have an inner lining of white. Who else wears black with white .... priests ... nuns.... Matt's mother was hinted as being in this right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Fisk is donning a white suit, Matt is back in black, obviously this plays with their themes of good/evil, light/dark. I keep noticing that Matt's mask (a torn piece of cloth) seems to have an inner lining of white. Who else wears black with white .... priests ... nuns.... Matt's mother was hinted as being in this right?
    I was wondering about the white lining in Matt's mask, that wasn't there in the black suit from Daredevil Season One.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I was wondering about the white lining in Matt's mask, that wasn't there in the black suit from Daredevil Season One.
    Bandages indicating Matt's broken state both physically and psychologically. Also helps to visually set apart the DD of S1 with the DD of S3.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Does Charlie Coxs quote suggest Matt loses his heightened sense? He says something about god giving him this gift to help people ans then just taking it away? Could be I was reading into it wrong but it sounded like Matt lost his gifts. Which then him running around as DD still makes no sense. No matter how well trained without those heightened senses he ain't moving around like he does or striking with such precision.

DD losing his powers would not work like it did in Iron Fist ... I hope they don't do that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Does Charlie Coxs quote suggest Matt loses his heightened sense? He says something about god giving him this gift to help people ans then just taking it away? Could be I was reading into it wrong but it sounded like Matt lost his gifts. Which then him running around as DD still makes no sense. No matter how well trained without those heightened senses he ain't moving around like he does or striking with such precision.
    Perhaps Matt doesn’t lose his abilities, but instead loses his ability to practice law?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Perhaps Matt doesn’t lose his abilities, but instead loses his ability to practice law?
    Maybe or just loses that unrelenting need to deliver justice. Maybe loses his faith in justice. Iono sounds like he was saying his senses though.

Well I guess he's overdue to lose his powers since Luke and Danny already kinda did.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well I guess he's overdue to lose his powers since Luke and Danny already kinda did.
    But DD did too. After he got shot by Punisher in season 2, his heightened senses weren't working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    But DD did too. After he got shot by Punisher in season 2, his heightened senses weren't working properly.
    Yep.

If that's what a gunshot does, no telling what almost dying could do.

Messed up powers is different than losing them but I concede your point.

The long time comic book connoisseur in me is just not fond of that trope unless it is done well.

In addition to the "Powers" angle, there is just the reality of how long he will have been down once the show picks up. His body might not be in the sort of physical shape it would need to be in just to walk on his own, let alone reasonably function as Daredevil.