Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You know, I don't think the Breaking Bad movie has a director yet...maybe Rian might switch over to that.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I personally think Star Wars movies every few years is better than 1 a year.

They should be special.
    I think one of the charms of the OT is that the universe feels lived-in, but so much is left to the audience's imagination.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Would a few internet trolls really be worth it, esp. as the guy is making more movies for them?
    People also discount a lot of the BTS politics at Lucasfilm. From interviews including apparently from one of the writers of the cancelled Making of TFA book, there was friction between Kennedy and Abrams. And the reason Rian Johnson was picked and then later given a trilogy was because of how easier he was to work with (some of it is according to him in podcast interviews). This would explain how LFL employees were more positive on social media about TLJ and Rian Johnson even before the movie was released.

Abrams being invited back for IX seems to have been more something pushed by Iger.

It's been a while since the Tremorrow firing. While the Trank one was pretty obvious, and the Solo thing kind of was mostly explained, there's some mixed stories on what happened with Colin; some say it was because his last film flopped, others that it had something to do with Carrie's death and trouble trying to rewrite the script and production around that etc.

Although I think it's important to remember that Star Wars production isn't always harmonious. ANH and ESB had multiple production and budget problems, it's amazed how they turned out....The "Beginning" doc shows that TPM was also hardly smooth sailing either.....and with the new Disney films, apart from of course the TLJ controversy and the firings, TFA had the whole thing with Harrison Ford breaking his leg and Rogue One pretty much had to reshoot most of it's ending (There's a good chunk of stuff in the trailers which isn't in the finished film at all for example). Also I'm pretty sure the trilogy was intended for Summer releases like the other six films when they were announced.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-27-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Looks like Rian's still working on Star Wars despite what trolls might think:
    https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/st...gy-1202166475/