Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Gifted #2: unMoored (Spoilers)

Summary: Thunderbird contacts a mutant lawyer who recruited him to the Underground years ago, hoping she can help him find the Inner Circle. Lauren and Andy have a shared dream, which distracts Andy from his training and prompts Reeva to consider cutting her losses with him, which, in turn, makes Andy second-guess his separation from his sister. Meanwhile, Reed must keep a huge secret from the group and Jace picks up the mutants' trail again. (8PM Eastern)
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-02-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Wouldn't thread for each episode be better ? You would have more focus talk on the episode and smaller read so people are more willing to join into talk

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Wouldn't thread for each episode be better ? You would have more focus talk on the episode and smaller read so people are more willing to join into talk
    I am more then fine with that, but people need to trade off starting them.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Really excited to see the return of Evangeline tonight.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

What I'll watch for:

- What Vange is like, how different from season 1 flashback, what she says, does she fight someone

- JACE. Finally. So maybe not every bigoted human/authority figure thinks the mutants kicked the big one in Atlanta. Maybe Jace suspects they made it and will start hunting. Looking forward to what he is like now

- Andy/Reeva dynamic, what it's all about, Andy training

- More Andy/Lauren, how their shared dreams work and affect each other

- Whatever the Cuckoos are up to at that airport
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Really excited to see the return of Evangeline tonight.
    Same here, she'll be one of the highlights for me. Lookin' forward to some much needed focus on T-bird also, as he seems the least fleshed out of the 4 original, main MU members right now.

And I wouldn't have minded a rolling spoilers thread for the remainder of season 2 in its entirety, TBH. One for each & every weekly episode does seem kinda superfluous, IMO. But Killerbee does make some reasonable points in favor of the latter, so whatever the majority feels like, is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    And I wouldn't have minded a rolling spoilers thread for the remainder of season 2 in its entirety, TBH. One for each & every weekly episode does seem kinda superfluous, IMO. But Killerbee does make some reasonable points in favor of the latter, so whatever the majority feels like, is fine by me.
    I am fine either way, though I won't be making the next spoiler threads.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-02-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

One of the funnest death scenes ever!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Really great episode for Thunderbird. Nice to see the ramifications last season had on both John, and Lauren. I enjoy Evangeline, and I do wish we could see her more. She's very interesting. Continue to love Reeva. Thankfully she didn't have to kill Andy!

Does John have a death wish yet? I didn't catch many episodes last season. If not, I'd guess he's about to develop one. It's one of the few things we know about the character from the books, and I'd be surprised if they don't touch on it at some point.

This was a slower episode than the season opener but still was great. Character-heavy and intense--we got to see more of Thunderbird's backstory. The theme was feelings of isolation, being cut off from family and friends and how that affected everyone, even Reeva. Only the Cuckoos have each other (although they should remember what it was like when they were separated). The Frost ladies did some particularly awful things this episode. Personally I don't want to see them go too far over to the "evil" side. Not too much focus on Polaris and baby Dawn until the very end. I don't like constant battles and fighting (although the opening scenes were awesome), so this kind of subtle character study, the battles and fighting being psychological and interpersonal, is fine with me.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Well the show did everything in its power to prove me totally wrong when I keep saying it will be nuanced and portray ambiguity between the sides

Deeply sighs

Nevertheless this was an entertaining and good episode much better than episode 1. And we learned a lot, a lot more happened in this ep than I was expecting.

Was shocked at how rude Vange was

Reed's mutation = lava...?

Reeva was about to kill Andy b/c he lied... come on. But then he opens up and I guess all's well that ends well. Sigh

Marcos and Caitlin bonding, right as Caitlin fights w/ Reed... hmm makes me wonder :-x

The promo for next ep looks like some decent action and some quasi interesting stuff

Not a huge fan of the "baby is ill" plot idea to begin with but it's all in the execution

Also NICE finally seeing Jace. NOT what I expected. He is still married, seemingly happy, and has apparently "given up" his mutant obsession. Of course, those private security guys he mentioned in regards to his job are surely Purifiers and will steer him "back on track"... good

The Esme vs Sophie/Phoebe spat was way more than I thought it'd be, certainly this early on... rather explicitly told us Esme is "growing a conscience" etc

Why couldnt they just remove that guy's memories though?

I'm glad Sage , Bulk, and Fade had things to do. Sage in particular did well this ep

Not a lot with Lorna but she was fine

I had been prepared to simply "endure" this episode (as well as 3 and 4) because I have a hunch episode 5 is where things will get more appealing for me personally. But if they stay like this even if I don't like how simplistic they're making things morally and philosophically, they'll still be worth watching and very enjoyable

Overall I rate unMoored 8/10
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I really enjoyed the various family and relationship dynamics that were shown in this episode. Moments like the sisters being reunited and Andy still wanting to have a connection with his sister struck out to me. Possible co-dependent relationship power wise similar to Fenris in comics.The mention of a group of mutants in Chicago makes me think they are referencing the Morlocks team that was in Chi that Shatter and Electric Eve were apart of.

BANNED

Had an unavoidable distraction, so only caught a few minutes in the beginning & like most of the last half hour, but I liked what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ... Reeva was about to kill Andy b/c he lied... come on. But then he opens up and I guess all's well that ends well. Sigh

Marcos and Caitlin bonding, right as Caitlin fights w/ Reed... hmm makes me wonder :-x...
    Because she was questioning his loyalty, I thought. It was about trust. She's deeply insecure, underneath it all, IMO.

Impromptu affair/finding comfort in each others arms is getting closer all the time, it seems. He is REALLY getting on my nerves, tho, with his moping about & watery-eyed sad faces.

Fairly interesting development with Lauren and her remorse over the devastation NuFenris wrought in S1's finale.

Liked much Vange's blink & you'll miss dragon face early on, smoke from the nostrils & all, it was a nice touch. She's a pretty compelling character, I think.

Mighty Member

I like how the Strucker family has a common theme when it comes to powers:

Fenris: Molecular manipulation between atoms and molecules
    Grandpa Strucker: Nuclear fusion and energy projection
    Reed: Bond and molecular geometry disruption