Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Red didn't take place after Gold ends. They were simultaneous.

Storm went to Africa because her adopted mum died and there's where she met Jean and her team as a guest there. Why would Storm be in Africa at that time? She can't be on two teams at the same time, right?

Even though Gold ended, it didn't say the team disbanded, right? Kitty still need her own team.

Yes, I know Beast wasn't in Gold before, I just put him in there for convenience sake because almost all the X-Men in teen Beast team were in Gold team before. Old Man logan returned in time but not Colossus.
    No, that's not what happened at all. Storm met Jean when she was mind-controlled by Cassandra, something that clearly didn't happen in Godwar. Also, she was in Kenya during Gold, she went to Wakanda during Red.

Oh, and Logan didn't return to the 'Gold' team, he just wanted to help answer the call like Sam and Tabby.

BANNED

Trying to make sense of Gold/Blue/etc. continuity will only drive you insane. It's the fault of the editors and was very poorly executed.

Storm went to Africa because her adopted mum died and there's where she met Jean and her team as a guest there. Why would Storm be in Africa at that time? She can't be on two teams at the same time, right?

Even though Gold ended, it didn't say the team disbanded, right? Kitty still need her own team.

Yes, I know Beast wasn't in Gold before, I just put him in there for convenience sake because almost all the X-Men in teen Beast team were in Gold team before. Old Man logan returned in time but not Colossus.
    Because she's f--king Wakanda's king. She's been commuting between NY and Africa for months

I really like the preview and the first two issues were bomb, but I hate their sorry handling of Rachel this past year. She is less than useful and hasn't used half the powers she did back in the 80s before embracing the Phoenix. And for Beast, maybe that slice to the side really affected him, because there is no way Logan is physically stronger than him. I mean, Hank had Logan by the wrists yet he was able to overpower him and made contact. People seem to forget that even though he's no Colossus or Rogue, Hank does have superhuman strength. But I'll wait and see.
    As for the twins, Marvel sure love the boy/girl pairings. Scarlet Witch & Quicksliver, Psylocke & Cap Britain, Aurora & Northstar, the Fenris twins, Alpha Flight's Silver & Auric, the Apocalypse Twins. The only same sex twins I can think of are Wiccan and Speed and Monet's younger sisters.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Yes, I know Beast wasn't in Gold before, I just put him in there for convenience sake because almost all the X-Men in teen Beast team were in Gold team before. Old Man Logan returned in time but not Colossus.
    So Kurt and Storm would say, "Peace Kitty, we gotta bounce and put on our Red costumes and be competent"? They are not at the same time, even though continuity is hella wonky because of the editors, Red takes place in the future of Gold and Blue. And anyone that is at the mansion right now is there because of the SOS that was sent out after Cable and Bloodstorm's deaths.

I'm pretty sure that the cover of Gold with the graves of her team essentially meant they were done, metaphorically speaking. OML left first. Then Colossus. Then Kurt and Storm joined Red. So that Kitty and Rachel left. And kitty doesn't need her own team, she has a wealth of veteran X-Men living at the school to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    I actually like how the Hound tattoos look on OML
    Same. I’m gonna miss OML when he’s gone.

He’s a Wolverine where things like that could actually stick...losing a hand (while claws were extended) and thus having bone claws on that hand...Hound marks...he gets f’d up and keeps going, and the wear and tear sticks. That’s kind of fun.

I know, I know...it flies in the face of what Wolverine is, which is a character who heals from anything.

Give me my OG Cable back then. He can get messed up and wear the scars. Already does, quite well.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-21-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So Kurt and Storm would say, "Peace Kitty, we gotta bounce and put on our Red costumes and be competent"? They are not at the same time, even though continuity is hella wonky because of the editors, Red takes place in the future of Gold and Blue. And anyone that is at the mansion right now is there because of the SOS that was sent out after Cable and Bloodstorm's deaths.
    The timing for Blue, Gold and Red are basically logically incompatible. Gambit and Rogue had bachelor/ette parties and got married in Gold, and went off on a honeymoon to space, so Red has to take place before they left(for Gambit to be there), but then Storm and Nightcrawler are still in Gold 30-36 in their pre-Red costumes. Also, Jean basically assassinated the UN lady and is a wanted world criminal as of Red #1, but appears casually in Gold and Extermination. Meanwhile, Bloodstorm died in Extermination #1, and Iceman and Angel have been taken, but are still alive/together in Blue 36. Furthermore, Storm and BP are dating in Red, but BP is lost in space(in the far future?) in his title, while Red is based in Atlantis, but Namor is currently declaring war on the surface world and being engaged by BP's Avengers.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I really like the preview and the first two issues were bomb, but I hate their sorry handling of Rachel this past year. She is less than useful and hasn't used half the powers she did back in the 80s before embracing the Phoenix. And for Beast, maybe that slice to the side really affected him, because there is no way Logan is physically stronger than him. I mean, Hank had Logan by the wrists yet he was able to overpower him and made contact. People seem to forget that even though he's no Colossus or Rogue, Hank does have superhuman strength. But I'll wait and see.
    As for the twins, Marvel sure love the boy/girl pairings. Scarlet Witch & Quicksliver, Psylocke & Cap Britain, Aurora & Northstar, the Fenris twins, Alpha Flight's Silver & Auric, the Apocalypse Twins. The only same sex twins I can think of are Wiccan and Speed and Monet's younger sisters.
    Why can't we say nathan & rachel?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because she's f--king Wakanda's king. She's been commuting between NY and Africa for months
    This is a great post.

BANNED

I wonder if anyone will do the same to Hank what he did to Scott during Kurt's funeral, and then, and then, and then...
    Who will yell at him, reminding him that what's happening is his fault?
    Or, maybe, who will yell at Kitty? She's the leader of the X-Men... right?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Why can't we say nathan & rachel?
    Are you talking about my twins musing? I wouldn't add Ray or Nate because they're not twins. They are this super weird older/younger brother, older/younger sister vibe thingy. Rachel was sort of his mentor as Mother Askani but when she came back to the present Nate was older than her. Plus Marvel has fail developing their relationship. Just like the pretty much failed Rachel all around.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'd say just put Extermination occurring after Red, Blue and Gold officially ends at issues 11, 36 and 36 respectively. With Uncanny X-Men Disassembled starting after Extermination.

BANNED

It'd be interesting if Rachel was actually the twin of cable from another timeline. All this time her mom was Maddey and she had the wrong timeline.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It'd be interesting if Rachel was actually the twin of cable from another timeline. All this time her mom was Maddey and she had the wrong timeline.
    She did call Maddie mom once in Inferno..., and like Jean, Maddie cast her away with disgust

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It makes sense that Cable is the one who gets along the best with Rachel. He has lived similar experiences with time travel and weird drama. He was just luckier Jean and Scott met him as a baby first. this probably made it easier to him connect with them than Rachel.