Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Beast may very well be dead with the O5 returning to the past reversing that in issue #5

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

He says Man on puts bombs in brains?

And what then? Then they become hounds?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yeah, I don't see Beast surviving, he got a good ol' stab to the gut and neck. Plus the art we saw for him looked like just B&Ws. I remember when they drew Fantomex on the Phoenix Resurrection #1 spread, but later changed it to Forge after Astonishing X-Men #5/#6 & PR #1 came out.

Also, we also saw the twins touch Nightcrawler so Scott is screwed.
    Beast showed up almost in every uncanny preview. If they decide to replace him with other one, there will be a lot of re-drawing work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I doubt Beast is dead. The fact that the panel cuts away and only shows blood splatter suggests to me that it's a misdirect and it's actually OML who got wounded.

Speaking of OML, did I miss some development with him because it looks like he has bone claws on one hand?
    Time travel events seem to always have multiple deaths, which can be undone due to whatever happens at the conclusion of the story. If the 05 indeed go back home I can see how It’s used as an explanation to reverse some of this, which would solve the issue of beast dying (if he died).

On an unrelated note... when (if) the 05 go back to their time and get mindwiped or whatever.... will that be an alternate timeline? I’m trying to wrap my head around this. If the 05 go back and they all grow to become the current 05.... how will adult Bobby come out, for example? Will grown up teen bobby experience the exact same things (the 05 come forward and time, thus jeen/teen bobby have the coming out talk). In other words will the tee 05 grow up and eventually experience an encounter with the teen 05.
    So theoretically everything we are seeing could be the teen 05 who went back to their time who are now grown up and are simply re experiencing this due to a time loop.

I know I know I’m overthinking it and we will probably never get a clear answer. It’s just hard to resist thinking about it.

One last thing. It’s ironic that when jean arrived she didn’t want to go back because her adult self was dead and she wanted to make things right. Now adult cyke is the one dead, so teen cyke goin back is like a death sentence for him. Sad how the tables have turned.
    Last edited by Grey; 09-20-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Oh, they also kinda got Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Beast showed up almost in every uncanny preview. If they decide to replace him with other one, there will be a lot of re-drawing work to do.
    yeah..........maybe not. but i wish.

Also I recognized the coloring immediately as marte Garcia becaus I distinctly remember that work from his work with bendis in anxm. Love it.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Time travel events seem to always have multiple deaths, which can be undone due to whatever happens at the conclusion of the story. If the 05 indeed go back home I can see how none of this ever happened, which would solve the issue of beast dying (if he died).

On an unrelated note... when (if) the 05 go back to their time and get mindwiped or whatever.... will that be an alternate timeline?
    This is exactly why bringing them to the future/present was stupid to begin with. Too many paradoxes. At this point I don't care and will gladly handwave the whole thing to get things back on track.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So, is Rachel being hit by mental bombs pr something after being stabbed?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Oh, they also kinda got Kitty

yeah..........maybe not. but i wish.
    Then hopefully it won't happen.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Sending the O5 back now wouldn't prevent any changes or events that occurred from them being brought forward in time. For that to happen, Beast would have had to never bring them forward in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Sending the O5 back now wouldn't prevent any changes or events that occurred from them being brought forward in time. For that to happen, Beast would have had to never bring them forward in the first place.
    Which would reset the last several years of continuity.....hmm, not a bad idea actually!

Once again, Rachel, ex-host of the phoenix-force, is useless.
    She got taken down so easily in issue 2 and now she is on the floor screaming in agony.

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    Once again, Rachel, ex-host of the phoenix-force, is useless.
    She got taken down so easily in issue 2 and now she is on the floor screaming in agony.
    Bloodstorm, who has all of Storm's powers, plus a slew of vampire powers like super-speed, super-senses, a mist-form, etc, etc got skewered in like 4 panels. I'd say Rachel is doing okay relatively.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont understand why they dont have Illyana serve as bodyguard to the O5. She can literally take them to Limbo or anywhere else in time or space
    Illyana has been infected by warlock virus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    He says Man on puts bombs in brains?

And what then? Then they become hounds?
    Yes, the psychic bombs by the twins brainwashed them into hounds.