Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Ahab is kinda fantastic here. It feels very urgent and I like it. Jean and Tyke made me "awww". And teen Jean's reason for going with X-Force was smart. Looking forward to more!

BANNED

huh...anyone else Notice that Teen Jean is with the team that's the recently announced New X Force?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    huh...anyone else Notice that Teen Jean is with the team that's the recently announced New X Force?
    Yep. And their mission statement in X-Force 1 is... to track down Wifi, I mean, Baby Cable. I guess they aren't very successful in their pursuit in Extermination.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. I’m gonna miss OML when he’s gone.

He’s a Wolverine where things like that could actually stick...losing a hand (while claws were extended) and thus having bone claws on that hand...Hound marks...he gets f’d up and keeps going, and the wear and tear sticks. That’s kind of fun.

I know, I know...it flies in the face of what Wolverine is, which is a character who heals from anything.

Give me my OG Cable back then. He can get messed up and wear the scars. Already does, quite well.
    Old Man Logan is really overhated by fans tbh
    He needs more love
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

It'd be interesting if Rachel was actually the twin of cable from another timeline. All this time her mom was Maddey and she had the wrong timeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    She did call Maddie mom once in Inferno..., and like Jean, Maddie cast her away with disgust
    I remember that scene. My impression at the time was that Rachel was confused and mistook the Goblin Queen for Jean.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Ahab is really stepping up as a villain and I like it. Hope he sticks around because so many villains have turned to anti- heroes.

I do wonder however what happened with the Rory Campbell of our time/dimension. Is this him, orchid that version die, disappear, or is he still around?

But I say he's one of the rising stars of 2018.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    I remember that scene. My impression at the time was that Rachel was confused and mistook the Goblin Queen for Jean.
    Thats exactly what happened. She thought Maddie was Jean corrupted by the Inferno demons like everything else around her

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Red didn't take place after Gold ends. They were simultaneous.

Storm went to Africa because her adopted mum died and there's where she met Jean and her team as a guest there. Why would Storm be in Africa at that time? She can't be on two teams at the same time, right?

Even though Gold ended, it didn't say the team disbanded, right? Kitty still need her own team.
    Wrong. Storm was at the mansion when Cassandra Nova took control of her. She attacked team Red (who were in Wakanda, it's nothing to do with the story in Gold 33-35) then joined the team when they freed her, and got a new uniform. If Gold was simultaneous she would've had that new uniform in the last few issues (also, Red never mentions her hammer, if it was at the same time as Gold she'd still have it). Extermination is in turn set after Red is over.

What happened is that after Gold ends, Storm and Nightcrawler leave the team (Jean requested Kurt's help). That leaves a Gold roster of Kitty, Rachel, Iceman, Pyro, Armor, and Ink.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-21-2018 at 02:39 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ahab is kinda fantastic here. It feels very urgent and I like it. Jean and Tyke made me "awww". And teen Jean's reason for going with X-Force was smart. Looking forward to more!
    I'm digging Ahab in this too. Hope he becomes a recurring X-Force villain in the new series. Wouldn't mind seeing Sauron again too. And of course the MLF. Perhaps under a new leader besides Stryfe, though. I feel like Stryfe has gotten a bit stale as a villain and the whole "evil clone/twin" schtick is played out. His best moments were in X-Cutioner's Song. They should've never brought him back after that IMO.

I'm digging Ahab in this too. Hope he becomes a recurring X-Force villain in the new series. Wouldn't mind seeing Sauron again too. And of course the MLF. Perhaps under a new leader besides Stryfe, though. I feel like Stryfe has gotten a bit stale as a villain and the whole "evil clone/twin" schtick is played out. His best moments were in X-Cutioner's Song. They should've never brought him back after that IMO.
    Stryfe has always been stale as a villian. He arguably wasnt when he was a Liefield creation but once his identity was revealed, he lost any appeal. Hated him in X-Cutioner's Song and thats associated with my worst memories of him. If Stryfe were to come back, I think it would be more interesting to make him more of an anti-hero. I actually think Kid Cable could be Stryfe but I guess we'll have to wait to see this play out

He was awesome in X-Cutioner's Song. Whipping Apocalypse's ass and taking over the Dark Riders? He was a boss. Then Cable outwitted him and took him out via time vortex timed up with a huge explosion. That should've been the end of him...but not Cable, of course. My guy always has an exit strategy at the last minute. Well, except for when fighting a young version of himself apparently...

He was awesome in X-Cutioner's Song. Whipping Apocalypse's ass and taking over the Dark Riders? He was a boss. Then Cable outwitted him and took him out via time vortex timed up with a huge explosion. That should've been the end of him...but not Cable, of course. My guy always has an exit strategy at the last minute. Well, except for when fighting a young version of himself apparently...
    He whined like an overgrown immature baby child and there was nothing appealing about that. That was the premise behind his entire motivation of the story which ruined him and just made him look stupid and annoying

It would have been more interesting if Styfe had been revealed to be the real Nathan Christopher, and Cable the clone, in X-Cutioner's Song, but they went the safe route. It wasn't a horrible x-over. I liked how Apocalypse was the one to save Charles.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    No, that's not what happened at all. Storm met Jean when she was mind-controlled by Cassandra, something that clearly didn't happen in Godwar. Also, she was in Kenya during Gold, she went to Wakanda during Red.

Oh, and Logan didn't return to the 'Gold' team, he just wanted to help answer the call like Sam and Tabby.

Isn't Wakanda and Kenya just next to each other?

http://comiccrossroads.wikia.com/wik...h-7568)Map.jpg

I just glance through X-Men Red preview and didn't read the story in detail so maybe you're right.

BANNED

Trying to make sense of Gold/Blue/etc. continuity will only drive you insane. It's the fault of the editors and was very poorly executed.
    Agree. It's quite confusing.