Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Someone hasn't been reading the solicits. He'll be around until next year.

EDIT: ninja'd
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    He can't be. He's getting 12 issue maxi send off of his own in Dead Man Logan.
    Oh wow. Don't tell me Beast is the next fatality due to that 'shiik' sound.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Oh wow. Don't tell me Beast is the next fatality due to that 'shick' sound.
    Nope. We aren’t that lucky. We’ve seen him in the Uncanny X-men previews.

Do y’all find it disappointing that solicits and previews can sometimes spoil what’s happening in a current book? Regarding the beast and OML stuff, for example.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Do y’all find it disappointing that solicits and previews can sometimes spoil what’s happening in a current book? Regarding the beast and OML stuff, for example.
    I hate the impermanence of Big 2 comic deaths more. Even if Beast did die, he'd be back in a few years.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

It's true. The medium has lost so much of it's potency when issues are telegraphed months in advance.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nomes79 View Post
    Isn't Siryn still the Morrigan, doing Morrigan things? Are Rictor and Shatterstar still together? IIRC, Rictor had a very complicated history with Cable, so may not be so committed to vengeance.
    Yes, Siryn is still the Morrigan and hasn't been touched by any creative team since PAD's X-Factor issue #244 (2012) where she became a goddess to save Lorna Dane's sanity (rolls eyes). Rosenberg made a misstep by having Ric call her "Siryn" in New Mutants: Dead Souls.

Rictor and Shatterstar "were on a break" according to Sina Grace's Iceman #9 but had reconciled by the end of New Mutants: Dead Souls.
    In the original X-Force comic, yes, Rictor had many issues with Cable, the least of which was Stryfe blowing his father's brains out all over his sandals when he was just 12. He eventually made his peace with the clone issue until Cable wanted to unite the team telepathically and Ric quit the team on the spot (issue 44). The subtext of that was viewed by many that Ric was deeply closeted and didn't want the team to know that he and 'Star were secretly lovers. While speculations of Rictor's actions remain a mystery, the revelation that the two were indeed in a furtive relationship was eventually proven as true.
    Ric eventually rejoined the team, but for only 11 more issues. After that, he and Star went into Limbo.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It would have been more interesting if Styfe had been revealed to be the real Nathan Christopher, and Cable the clone, in X-Cutioner's Song, but they went the safe route. It wasn't a horrible x-over. I liked how Apocalypse was the one to save Charles.
    No, the X-men is synonymous with overtly complicated plotlines involving body swapping/ melding, clones, or false identities the last thing we needed especially back then was an X-men take on Ben Reilly in any fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    No, the X-men is synonymous with overtly complicated plotlines involving body swapping/ melding, clones, or false identities the last thing we needed especially back then was an X-men take on Ben Reilly in any fashion.
    The two stories arent even comparable. Cable had only been around for like 2 and a half years when they got around to revealing his origin with X-Cutioner's Song. He was still relatively new, mysterious and not well established. Revealing Stryfe as the true Nathan Summers then wouldnt have been as egregious as what was done with Spider-Man which retconned decades worth of stories. Nothing aditional would have been retconned with a Stryfe reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Cable was like, 3 years old as a character back then. It would have been fine. It's not like his actual story is streamlined as it turned out....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Storm is in X-Men Gold team and not Red. She was just a guest at X-Men Red before returning back to Gold.

The team protecting the remaining teen X-Men are

Beast: X-Men Gold (Rachel, Kitty, Old man Logan, Storm, Iceman, Beast)
    Cyclops: X-Men Red (Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, X-23)
    Jean: X-Force (Domino, Cannonball, Warpath, Boom-Boom, Shatterstar)
    No, Storm is in X-Men Red or at least was prior to this issue (that book may soon be ending). X-Men Gold, which is set pre-Extermination and pre-Red, saw that particular team slowly disband for various reasons.

You're also forgetting some of the others at the school, who aid in defending the mansion from Ahab & his hounds. Last issue we saw Hellion, Armor and Glob in the fight. And I would assume that the rest of the faculty and the more seasoned students on campus will be helping tackle the threat.

Honey Badger is seen standing next to X-23 in the Searebo panel. And we haven't seen them yet, but it's possible that Gentle & Trinary are in Searebo at this time, thus also defending Tyke. Unless if they die in X-Men Red I assume Rogue & Gambit are in space at this point, which would explain why Remy isn't there. And this might coincide with Namor's interaction with the Avengers, which would explain why he's missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So I wonder who will be next to turn into a hound. I think Rachel might be struggling against Manon at the moment, and she might not fully turn because she's beat the programming before. But then again she loses to everyone to make them a plausible threat these days...

I think Cecilia is in trouble, as well as Kurt. I'm pretty sure the scene in 2 where Manon was touching OML is when she started planted her bombs. I'm really digging the scary threat Ahab is here.
    I think Rachel is in grave danger. She might be Exterminated next. Even if Ahab doesn't intend to kill her, that doesn't stop her sacrificing herself or dying in battle with the hounds. Or if she becomes a hound again, one of the X-Men may be forced to take her out.

Yeah, Cecilia and Kurt are likely targets, and means of reaching Scott & Hank that they wouldn't expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Kitty doesn't need her own team, she has a wealth of veteran X-Men living at the school to use.
    Yeah in addition to Kitty & Rachel, we know that Iceman, Pyro, Magma, Cecilia Reyes, Chamber, and Jubilee are around at least. Plus at least a dozen students capable of being fully-fledged X-Men. There's no shortage of firepower. Besides, a lot of the X-Men are likely on speed dial in case Kitty ever needs 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Ahab is really stepping up as a villain and I like it. Hope he sticks around because so many villains have turned to anti-heroes.
    But I say he's one of the rising stars of 2018.
    It's nice to have a classic villain and yet still a refreshing one that hasn't been overdone. He's an intimidating antagonist, and his hounds are worthy adversaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm digging Ahab in this too. Hope he becomes a recurring X-Force villain in the new series. And of course the MLF. Perhaps under a new leader besides Stryfe, though. I feel like Stryfe has gotten a bit stale as a villain and the whole "evil clone/twin" schtick is played out. His best moments were in X-Cutioner's Song. They should've never brought him back after that IMO.
    Not big on Stryfe either. I could see Mystique stepping up and becoming a leader of her own faction of mutants if she doesn't go and sign up with Magneto's new Brotherhood once she's done playing merc with the Weapon X team. Dragoness and Tempo for sure, pick up the Mastermind sisters, and then Reaper, Wildside, Forearm, Fatale and Abyss (their powers restored by Mothervine)

Quote Originally Posted by nomes79 View Post
    Isn't Siryn still the Morrigan, doing Morrigan things? Are Rictor and Shatterstar still together? IIRC, Rictor had a very complicated history with Cable, so may not be so committed to vengeance.
    Well, most likely, but does her role as the Morrigan mean she has no interaction with her mutant peers? I recall her having been mentioned in New Mutants Dead Souls too. And Rictor & Shatterstar temporarily broke up, as mentioned in Iceman but were seen together again as a couple in Dead Souls. And you might be right given Rictors motivations, but you'd think he'd stick with Shatterstar

Does anyone agree that Old Man Logan might be the next fatality after this issue?

All the alternate X-characters seem to be killed or send back in time

1. Bloodstorm
    2. Cable (replaced by Teen Cable)
    3. Old Man Logan (?)
    4. Teen O5 going back to the past.
    Nope. Dead Man Logan is addressing his fate. If any more AU characters are dying within Extermination, then I could see Rachel being killed off.

Yeah, it can be bothersome to know the outcome, especially when the story is supposed to have high stakes. Even within this preview, as discussed, we know already that Hank & OML make it out. It's hard though because generic solicits/previews/covers etc. don't encourage readers to pick up the title.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I really like the preview and the first two issues were bomb, but I hate their sorry handling of Rachel this past year. She is less than useful and hasn't used half the powers she did back in the 80s before embracing the Phoenix. And for Beast, maybe that slice to the side really affected him, because there is no way Logan is physically stronger than him. I mean, Hank had Logan by the wrists yet he was able to overpower him and made contact. People seem to forget that even though he's no Colossus or Rogue, Hank does have superhuman strength. But I'll wait and see.
    As for the twins, Marvel sure love the boy/girl pairings. Scarlet Witch & Quicksliver, Psylocke & Cap Britain, Aurora & Northstar, the Fenris twins, Alpha Flight's Silver & Auric, the Apocalypse Twins. The only same sex twins I can think of are Wiccan and Speed and Monet's younger sisters.
    Don’t forget Magneto’s Kleinstock’s (technically triplets)