Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Great art. Larraz is the only artist who makes Jean's otherwise clunky new costume look good.
    Jean comforting Tyke. Aww.
    Jeen being a Nosy Nancy. Some habits die hard but this is a life or death situation.
    Old Beast potentially getting gutted? Beautiful.
    The French kids... Part of me still wants them to be Gambit/Rogue offspring from the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post
    Did beast just get his head cut off? Also pretty sure beast could take old man logan without breaking a sweat.
    I’m so worried... For Beast and Old Man Logan’s psyche.
    Also, I’m not sure Beast could take OML with the way he’s written. He’s been shown to be on par with the Maestro.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    I’m so worried... For Beast and Old Man Logan’s psyche.
    Also, I’m not sure Beast could take OML with the way he’s written. He’s been shown to be on par with the Maestro.
    OML is basically Logan but angrier with less scruples.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    So, Beast is dead?
    He appeared in Uncanny x-men previews so no I don't think he is dead. Maybe he is heavily injured.

I dont understand why they dont have Illyana serve as bodyguard to the O5. She can literally take them to Limbo or anywhere else in time or space

I like Maxime and Manon. I hope we can keep them. Also, top marks for the anasthesiologist and surgeon reference. I still think they're 616's versions of Andy and Lauren Strucker. Bet they have villainous ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    So, Beast is dead?
    Should be. No way he can tank a slash like that to his torso, let alone whatever happened in that last panel.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 09-20-2018 at 09:07 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont understand why they dont have Illyana serve as bodyguard to the O5. She can literally take them to Limbo or anywhere else in time or space
    Isn't she a bit... "busy" at the moment? The end of New Mutants Dead Souls explains where she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But then how would this paper thin plot move along?

You know, at this point, whatever it takes to get rid of these punk kids.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Wait until Colossus shows up, beard or no beard. He will take care of Ahab. Unless he too will die, the editor of the X-Books is not a big fan of Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post
    Did beast just get his head cut off? Also pretty sure beast could take old man logan without breaking a sweat.
    Everyone is required to job against Logan, no matter what version. It is known.

BANNED

So Scott is under the protection of the X-Men Red team (most of them anyway- Storm is seen at the school). I dig it. It'll be nice to see him interacting with Jean & Laura before his return. It also opens up the possibility of conversations with Gabby or Gentle which is great.

I love that Jean read the minds of the X-Force crew and went with them on a quest for vengeance. I wonder how this intersects with the X-Force title, given the premise is driven by the same motivations. Refreshing too, having Jean hanging out with characters she doesn't really have a history with. I do wonder why Rictor, Sunspot and Siryn are absent. I do wish they were present here, and in the X-Force title too. Brilliant diverse characters with a shared X-Force history. I want it bad.

Well, everybody guessed that the twins were planted by Ahab. I thought they were gonna be living bombs or something, not hound making machines by way of psychic surgery.

Sidenote, is it weird that Archangel isn't really present given his younger counterpart was abducted by NuCable? The rest of the older O4 are heavily involved, so it's strange he's not around.

Really really excited for this issue. The art is breathtaking and the story is exciting. Between this, the conclusion to Blue and X-Men Red, next week will be a great time to be a mutant enthusiast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    the art is gorgeous. I don't understand how a team that consists of 15 telepaths wouldn't realize that a small kid is implementing "psychic bombs" in their teammates...
    That's what happens when the X-Men don't have a strategist leader who can see all the details.

Yeah, I don't see Beast surviving, he got a good ol' stab to the gut and neck. Plus the art we saw for him looked like just B&Ws. I remember when they drew Fantomex on the Phoenix Resurrection #1 spread, but later changed it to Forge after Astonishing X-Men #5/#6 & PR #1 came out.

Also, we also saw the twins touch Nightcrawler so Scott is screwed.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I doubt Beast is dead. The fact that the panel cuts away and only shows blood splatter suggests to me that it's a misdirect and it's actually OML who got wounded.

Speaking of OML, did I miss some development with him because it looks like he has bone claws on one hand?
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 09-20-2018 at 09:48 PM.