Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Default Predator vs Worf and Spock

Hand to hand or blade to blade, how does your typical Predator do against these two dudes? Solo or duo?

Incredible Member

This scenario needs a lot more details. What weapons specifically to Spock and Worf have.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    This scenario needs a lot more details. What weapons specifically to Spock and Worf have.
    Hand to hand

Or blades only. So... Batleth for Worf, knives for Spock?

Predator is either going hand to hand, or has his wrist blades.

Solo, I think a "typical" pred takes this fairly easily. I know Worf has some crazy DS9 feats with regards to blade fighting, but it's a hard fight to see him win.

Even young preds have been known to defeat multiple Xenomorphs in h2h and those creatures are like pure fury covered in blades and acid. Preds can leap huge distances and have more physical strength than Worf as well as simply being larger in stature. One thing Worf has going for him is that his blade has more range. That will help, but even if he gets a good strike early, preds also have extremely good soak. Working through multiple examples of fairly direct bullet wounds and so on. I can see them getting cut to GIVE a cut; a fatal one.

Spock is a physical peer of a pred or at least close enough, buuut... knives? The lack of weapon fighting feats the dude has is not in his favor. I see him getting gutted. H2h is probably similar. Physical strength being close doesn't help offset the other disadvantages of mobility, size (reach and weight) and damage soak/durability.

I actually DO think a scenario fight in a forest would be close though if they all had ranged weapons and recorders and such.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mighty Member

Knives? Really?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Hand to hand

Or blades only. So... Batleth for Worf, knives for Spock?

Predator is either going hand to hand, or has his wrist blades.
    Seriously? When has Spock ever used knives? And what kind of environment are we talking? Is this just gladatorial death match or is there some kind of scenario where the Predator gets to hunt?

Yeah Vulcans use those pole arm things.

I think team Trek wins if two on one.

If solo the best result for Trekkers is Mutual kill, like Swird guy in Predators.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    Seriously? When has Spock ever used knives? And what kind of environment are we talking? Is this just gladatorial death match or is there some kind of scenario where the Predator gets to hunt?
    If not specified, default is Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yeah Vulcans use those pole arm things.

I think team Trek wins if two on one.

If solo the best result for Trekkers is Mutual kill, like Swird guy in Predators.
    I don't think they win even 2 on 1, although it's much closer.

Worf is much weaker and way less durable, but is about as skilled. Maybe more skilled. Spock is just as strong, but no weapon skill and still way less durable.

I can see a pred getting pierced up pretty good but suffering through the damage based on soak and getting the W.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Damage soak/durability example:
    https://youtu.be/nzz_3bQHyiY

Dude gets shot point blank in the chest like 4 times. Center mass. Once in the leg. All this from i think a shotgun?

He still had the ability to play possum, and then toss Danny like a rag doll with one arm while laying flat on his back which is crazy.

Vulcan neck pinch can maybe do something? But i doubt they get the chance.
    - big_adventure

Worf is harder to kill than a human due to Klingon bonus organs and such and Spock is Pred strong, since Spock is blood lusted akin to Predator would give him one hell of a fight. But defintively seeing Pred winning some of the time 2 on 1.

Preds in general have thicker skin which is why body shots do not do as good. Though both original Pred movies they got to do field style first aid on themselves, meaning they are not “that” tough. After all dovwe even know their anatomy aside from glowing blood and fact they naturally are heat vision style agile predators? ( with impressive stats in general.)

Also the battle field itself would be a huge factor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Vulcan neck pinch can maybe do something? But i doubt they get the chance.
    No maybe about it, it's worked on every alien species so far and there's no reason to say the Preds are immune. Whether it'll land is another argument entirely, but the Pred has to constantly move to make it a sure thing Spock can't get one off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    No maybe about it, it's worked on every alien species so far and there's no reason to say the Preds are immune. Whether it'll land is another argument entirely, but the Pred has to constantly move to make it a sure thing Spock can't get one off.
    This part is true. The punch has worked on every humanoid thing Spock applied too and Predator is humanity. The trick of getting his hands on him, but if connects it should work as Preds have no fears of fighting it off.

As I think the Nerve pinch works for Vulcans as their Sorta psionics, But melee bard. After all, can Mind meddle and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    This part is true. The punch has worked on every humanoid thing Spock applied too and Predator is humanity. The trick of getting his hands on him, but if connects it should work as Preds have no fears of fighting it off.

As I think the Nerve pinch works for Vulcans as their Sorta psionics, But melee bard. After all, can Mind meddle and stuff.
    Data has used it fine in TNG when Spock showed up for a 2-parter, so I don't think it's psionic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Data has used it fine in TNG when Spock showed up for a 2-parter, so I don't think it's psionic.
    Ah then it’s super kung fu, still valid tactic as Spock as pinched numerous aliens and Pred never had fear of tanking/billing such a thing.

Rolfcopter knifz lulz!

Look, I dont watch Star Wars, okay? Substitute in whatever melee weapon those elf-looking dudes normally use. Forks? Seems awfully illogical to me.