Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Hand to hand

Or blades only. So... Batleth for Worf, knives for Spock?

Predator is either going hand to hand, or has his wrist blades.
    *sigh*

A bat’leth? Like the least ergonomic melee weapon ever (Darth Maul’s and Kylo Ren’s lightsabers notwithstanding)?

He’d do better with a spork. Actually, Spork is a hybrid of Spock and Worf!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    *sigh*

A bat’leth? Like the least ergonomic melee weapon ever (Darth Maul’s and Kylo Ren’s lightsabers notwithstanding)?

while worf is a beast with one, by DS9, he started using a mek'leth as he thought it was a more practical weapon.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    *sigh*

Form over function, I always say!

Or is that the opposite? I can never remember.

All weapons are inferior to the mightiest of weapons: pants.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Data has used it fine in TNG when Spock showed up for a 2-parter, so I don't think it's psionic.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Ah then it’s super kung fu, still valid tactic as Spock as pinched numerous aliens and Pred never had fear of tanking/billing such a thing.
    I recently saw a Spockumentary where Leonard was talking about the origin of the Nerve Pinch, and he had this idea that Vulcans had a sort of mental control over their body's energy. The "nerve pinch" was the Vulcan directing their bio-electric field through their fingers and applying it to the nervous system through a major nerve or near the spine or something. If this interpretation is canon, then I think the "nerve pinch" is supposed to be a sort of psychokinetic stun-gun moreso than a pressure-point strike.

Given Vulcans can read your brain knowledge by touching you it adds to Leonard’s idea of it.

Given Vulcans can read your brain knowledge by touching you it adds to Leonard’s idea of it.
    well they can't do it instantly and they have to touch certain portions of the subject's head to do so. not saying spock couldn't do it. (he has mindmelded with a robot and a sentient rock creature before). just that it's not a real viable option in combat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I recently saw a Spockumentary where Leonard was talking about the origin of the Nerve Pinch, and he had this idea that Vulcans had a sort of mental control over their body's energy. The "nerve pinch" was the Vulcan directing their bio-electric field through their fingers and applying it to the nervous system through a major nerve or near the spine or something. If this interpretation is canon, then I think the "nerve pinch" is supposed to be a sort of psychokinetic stun-gun moreso than a pressure-point strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well they can't do it instantly and they have to touch certain portions of the subject's head to do so. not saying spock couldn't do it. (he has mindmelded with a robot and a sentient rock creature before). just that it's not a real viable option in combat.
    The wiki disagrees, as Picard and Data have both used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    The wiki disagrees, as Picard and Data have both used it.
    i actually was referring to a mind-meld, not the neck pinch.

Incredible Member

The Vulcan weapon you're looking for is the Lirpa. Seems you could assume that in Vulcan traditions the Vulcan female could choose Kal-if-fee (meaning that the male has to fight to win her) so Vulcan males are probably taught how to use the Vulcan weapons in classes to prepare for such a possibility.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i actually was referring to a mind-meld, not the neck pinch.
    Ahhh, NP then.

The pinch has worked on every humanoid thing Spock applied too .
    And not just humanoids!

Astonishing Member

Don't vulcans have low-level super strength?

I vaguely recall Spock from the original series doing things like smashing up metal pipes and computer terminals with his bare fists.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post

I vaguely recall Spock from the original series doing things like smashing up metal pipes and computer terminals with his bare fists.
    well they certainly do have the best strength feats for non-enhanced humaniods in ST.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post

Vulcans are stronger than Klingons, on average three times stronger than a Human with faster reflexes(as per the DS9 baseball episode) whereas Klingons so far as I know were some vague level of stronger on average but not to the point that they could overwhelm one or where even guaranteed to beat one in hand to hand(we've also seen Vulcans like Spock absolutely blow them out hand to hand)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Vulcans are stronger than Klingons, on average three times stronger than a Human with faster reflexes(as per the DS9 baseball episode) whereas Klingons so far as I know were some vague level of stronger on average but not to the point that they could overwhelm one or where even guaranteed to beat one in hand to hand(we've also seen Vulcans like Spock absolutely blow them out hand to hand)
    yup. humans can at least fight klingons in HTH and do well against them.

vulcans? hell no. not even a contest.