Incredible Member

Default Rick Sanchez (Rick & Morty) vs The Doctor (Doctor Who)

If it hasn't already been suggested, then you knew it was coming. Rick is in his garage working on things that you don't want to know about when all of a sudden a blue box appears in the drive way. As the garage door opens, the Doctor confronts Rick concerning any one of a dozen innocent species that are now extinct shortly after Rick visited their worlds. One thing leads to another and the two become entangled in a battle of wits and tech. We'll assume both have been preparing for this battle. Who wins?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    If it hasn't already been suggested, then you knew it was coming. Rick is in his garage working on things that you don't want to know about when all of a sudden a blue box appears in the drive way. As the garage door opens, the Doctor confronts Rick concerning any one of a dozen innocent species that are now extinct shortly after Rick visited their worlds. One thing leads to another and the two become entangled in a battle of wits and tech. We'll assume both have been preparing for this battle. Who wins?
    I feel like Rick is willing to just immediately go hyper-lethal.

They're both roughly equal, but Rick has an edge in ruthlessness and weaponized tech. Money's on him.

In the comics Rick beat his multiverse version of the Doctor. A guy named Peacock Johnson who goes on adventures just to get in his female companions pants.

Rick set him up good, took his ride and had Peacock do jail for Ricks crimes.

Found it hiralous and awesome.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

IIRC, Rick hasn't had any sort of time travel yet, has he? If there's bloodlust happening, that'd make it pretty much TARDIS for the win, otherwise the Doctor's problem is he likes to talk and Rick will just shoot him.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Rick has done many screwed up things. I wouldn’t be surprised if time travel came up. But yeah if no travel devices and at wits would be interesting. I mean hell Pickle Rick being in a sewer and rigged up muscle arms and stuff. It is pretty solid feat.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

He's STOPPED time, but that definitely appeared to be at the limits of his ability, given that he needed a crystal he had one of to do it, stolen from fourth dimensional beings, and that the whole thing ultimately resulted in Rickle In Time, but I don't believe he's ever demonstrated that he can actually time travel. In fact, he appeared to pointedly dismiss the notion at one point.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    He's STOPPED time, but that definitely appeared to be at the limits of his ability, given that he needed a crystal he had one of to do it, stolen from fourth dimensional beings, and that the whole thing ultimately resulted in Rickle In Time, but I don't believe he's ever demonstrated that he can actually time travel. In fact, he appeared to pointedly dismiss the notion at one point.
    He does have a box in the garage labeled 'Time Travel Stuff'.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    True, but then again the Doctor can't get to alternate timelines under normal circumstances. I can only think of one time that he's done it, in an adventure with Rose, and it required very special circumstances. Rick does it casually.

It just appears that in Rick's physics, alternate timeline travel is relatively easy, but other time manipulations are incredibly difficult even for super-geniuses. Whereas in Doctor Who physics, time travel is easy, but other time manipulations are incredibly difficult even for super-geniuses.

Incredible Member

I think the Doctor can bring Rick down. Rick is obviously a super genius with god level tech just like the Doctor, but the Doctor understands human nature better than Rick does. Rick only thinks he gets people but he usually only sees the worst in everyone and makes sure that that is what everyone else sees too. I feel like this difference in the way the two perceive people in general is the key to the Doctor winning out. I also think he'd have likely figured out Rick's secret... namely that Rick's current family isn't his actual family and that Rick has been dimension hopping and swapping out alternate versions of his family on at least several occasions.

Given the stuff Rick's done and is responsible for pretty damn sure he's one of those guys/events locked in time the Doctor can't really mess with

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Given the stuff Rick's done and is responsible for pretty damn sure he's one of those guys/events locked in time the Doctor can't really mess with
    maybe... but haven't we seen hundreds, if not thousands, of Ricks get killed on his own show? I'm not sure that would give him any sort of individual immunity to the Doctor and his methods. it just means that the Doctor can't wipe out every alternate timeline version of Rick. he could probably kill one of them, though. and the other Ricks clearly don't care if just one of them dies.

Being locked in time, if that's the correct term, doesn't mean you can't die, since everyone ends up dying at some point, it just means you can't go into the past and muck around with the events they're a part of, the universe will just self correct.

Eh, the thing is Rickverse and Whoverse clearly have different physics. Whose physics are in play for this thread?