Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default Mixing up alien races and superhero teams associated with them

In different degrees, the three most prominent star-faring empire-building alien races are traditionally (but by no means exclusively) associated with an Earth superhero team: the Skrulls with the Fantastic Four, the Kree with the Avengers (though they have troubled the FF as well) and the Shi'ar with the X-Men. Trying to build other established associations gives mixes results, however. Aside from Lilandra abducting Reed Richards to stand trial for saving Galactus' life, there is almost no interaction between the Shi'ar and the FF (though Gladiator did have an epic battle with Sue when she hosted the Uni-Power and was briefly Captain Universe). But if you were to switch things up, how would you establish long-term alternative ties. How would the Shi'ar interact with the returning Fantastic Four or Future Foundation? And beyond "The Three", which other races would you like to see interact with which teams? The Kymelians and Power Pack, the Brood, etc.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

For the F4 and or FF and the Shiar the only thing I can really think of is maybe something to do with the M'Kraan Crystal, see if they could mimic its bigger on the inside thing going on. As for interactions maybe the Majesdanians with the champions (of course the runaways but you want to here the mixing mainly) to see if they can work some compromise or something. The F4+FF and Zn'rx since the Zn'rx have been antagonist to Power Pack and recently the House of Agon and with both those teams having strong relations with the Fantastic Four + Future Foundation it seems to make sense.

Ultimate Member

A Skrull mutant could make for an interesting student at Xaviers.

Similarly, a Shiar Avenger could be cool (and not just Smasher, who is a human with Shiar tech, or a Deathcry knockoff, but someone with actual powers).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A Skrull mutant could make for an interesting student at Xaviers.

Similarly, a Shiar Avenger could be cool (and not just Smasher, who is a human with Shiar tech, or a Deathcry knockoff, but someone with actual powers).
    Professor X, led a whole group of Mutant Skrulls called Cadre K: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Cadre_K_(Earth-616)

Also Deathcry was a Shiar Avenger. but I guessing you are talking about a more traditional looking Shiar

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Where does the Earth stand with respect to intergalactic politics? Has it formed official alliances with the Shi'ar, Skrulls, Kree or any other alien civilization? Or are those alien civilizations competing with one another for the right to include Earth as a protectorate or colony squarely within their sphere of influence? Or is it just the cosmic equivalent of Afghanistan or the Middle East, where intergalactic powers intervene as necessary to protect and promote their own sovereignty and interests?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    For the F4 and or FF and the Shiar the only thing I can really think of is maybe something to do with the M'Kraan Crystal, see if they could mimic its bigger on the inside thing going on.
    Many of the races in the Shiar area of space are space-faring, and even non space-faring societies (such as humans...) tend to get around (like Corsair, or Star-Lord), so it could be interesting to have a D'bari villain, who was off-planet when his world was destroyed.

Awakened into vast psionic potential by the death-scream of his entire race, he can mirror and use an echo of the death-scream to psychically attack people, incapacitating large groups, or killing single targets. Far from being angry at Jean Grey or the Phoenix Force and wanting revenge for his murdered world (and therefore being an X-Men foe, primarily), he's instead snapped completely and come to the conclusion that the Phoenix was meant to bring about the end of all things, and that his world was just the first to fall, and, had she not been stopped, would have gone on to consume the rest of this wicked old universe, so that a better one could rise from the ashes. Calling himself the 'End-Singer, Herald of the Apocalypse' or something similarly pretentious, this D'bari lunatic goes on to use his vast psychic attacks to destroy ships and outposts, heading for a populated world to 'cleanse' in his mission to complete the holy task of bringing about the end of the universe. Both the FF and the Avengers have some space adventures already under their belt, and would be fine foes, but he seems best suited as a foe for the Guardians of the Galaxy or Infinity Watch, whose 'beat' is outer space and other worlds.

So he'd be spawned from a classic bit of X-Men history, but best suited to a team of cosmic or space-faring heroes.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Where does the Earth stand with respect to intergalactic politics? Has it formed official alliances with the Shi'ar, Skrulls, Kree or any other alien civilization? Or are those alien civilizations competing with one another for the right to include Earth as a protectorate or colony squarely within their sphere of influence? Or is it just the cosmic equivalent of Afghanistan or the Middle East, where intergalactic powers intervene as necessary to protect and promote their own sovereignty and interests?
    Earth has treaties with all of these alien races and they partially control Earth's SWORD/Alpha Flight via a ruling council.

I really don't like the setup as it does hurt Earth sovereignty. I don't really like Earth-centric stories, but there's no denying that Earth has withstood lots of things that felled the three great empires. Earth needs more respect and deserves more autonomy.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Earth has treaties with all of these alien races and they partially control Earth's SWORD/Alpha Flight via a ruling council.

I really don't like the setup as it does hurt Earth sovereignty. I don't really like Earth-centric stories, but there's no denying that Earth has withstood lots of things that felled the three great empires. Earth needs more respect and deserves more autonomy.
    That would be interesting ground in which to sow the seeds of further spacefaring plots with Earth and its relation to the intergalactic community. You could have something like Mass Effect's Cerberus spring up from within SWORD/Alpha Flight as a "pro-human, Earth-first" coalition that doesn't want to see humanity pushed around anymore by those who see them as annoying underdeveloped insects or unevolved primates in comparison to themselves, though there might be room for a divide between those who just want to protect humanity from further alien aggression and those who want to actively war on those that have attempted to conquer Earth/humanity in the past. You could have the isolationists who want to preserve Earth's sovereignty by cutting all ties and alliances with even friendlier aliens or alien factions, and then you could have the imperialists who believe Earth should be or become a spacefaring empire itself and take the fight to anyone and everyone that's attacked Earth with intents of conquest or annihilation in the past.

Caught in the middle could be the superheroes who've managed to establish alliances with those same friendlier aliens to help ward off the less friendly aliens' attempts at conquering or destroying Earth in the past, who believe that what the militant "pro-human, Earth-first" faction wants to do will be spitting in the face of those alliances, and might end up facing backlash on the idea that their first (and only) loyalties should be to Earth and humanity. Complicating the situation could be that the less-friendly aliens are just waiting for a challenge from humanity/Earth as a pretext for waging total war on Earth and either conquering or destroying it wholesale, and the superheroes are thus understandably concerned that all the "pro-human, Earth-first" faction is doing is playing into the hands of their would-be adversaries. It would be a magnificent saga of spacefaring political action-drama, if handled and written well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.