Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Preview: Amazing Spider-Man#6

https://www.cbr.com/preview-amazing-spider-man-6/

Vulture attacks someone who stole money from him, only to be taken out by Black Ant and Taskmaster, who have captured him on orders from their client. Peter refers to MJ as his "supermodel girlfriend", is this the biggest official indicator that MJ has gone back to her old profession?

BANNED

Why do I feel like Taskmaster and Black Ant are getting the original sinister six members? except for otto cause he is in San Francisco. Also, MJ being back to a Supermodel after helping running a company seems like regression but Peter could just be referencing her time as a model

I really like that Black Ant and Taskmasker appear to be more recurring villains in this book, I love these two so much.
    It will also be really interesting to see how Ramos' art will fit with Spencer's writing, since we're so used to seeing Ramos work with Slott I wonder if we will be able to see a significant difference.
    Also I wouldn't be surprised if the "supermodel girlfriend" comment is just that, as she's always been referred to as that even after she stopped doing it.

I can't put it in words how much I love Nick Spencer's writing. glad to see him on a Spider-man book! and i'm loving the art as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Why do I feel like Taskmaster and Black Ant are getting the original sinister six members? except for otto cause he is in San Francisco. Also, MJ being back to a Supermodel after helping running a company seems like regression but Peter could just be referencing her time as a model
    who could the secret employer be? who would have a grudge against them and Spider-man?

Looking forward to this issue. ASM has quickly become my number one pull. Love all these supervillains.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    who could the secret employer be? who would have a grudge against them and Spider-man?
    They're working for Kraven the Hunter. What he wants with Vulture and whoever else is anyone's guess. Not to mention there's also creepy demon guy who separately seems to be going after several of Spidey's older foes as well.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I can't put it in words how much I love Nick Spencer's writing. glad to see him on a Spider-man book! and i'm loving the art as well.
    Welcome aboard! We'll be glad to have you for as long as you'll stay! No, seriously, I've enjoyed Nick Spencer's writing, too, and him on Spider-Man is turning out even better than I was hoping/anticipating. Glad he's also carrying over characters (and hopefully plot threads) from his previous works while integrating them into Spidey's world. Looking forward to the Ant-Man (Scott Lang)/Spider-Man team-up, or maybe Falcon (Sam and/or Joaquim)/Spider-Man team-up, or even a proper Captain America/Spider-Man team-up like we haven't had in a long while. After all, if anybody knows what it's like to have your identity and life appropriated by a villain who thinks he's a superior version of you and be left holding the bag for his actions afterwards . . . Oh, and here's a really good one: Peter goes to court with Matt Murdock or Jen Walters as his legal counsel, and on the other side of the courtroom . . . Janice Lincoln!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    They're working for Kraven the Hunter. What he wants with Vulture and whoever else is anyone's guess. Not to mention there's also creepy demon guy who separately seems to be going after several of Spidey's older foes as well.
    I feel as if I am missing something. Was this revealed last issue? I just remember Kraven bugging some poacher. Since when does Sergei outsource his hunts.

Black Ant should officially change his name to Mesquite Venom. And I wish that Vulture had a different look. He's too old for a romper/onesie/whatever.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Black Ant should officially change his name to Mesquite Venom. And I wish that Vulture had a different look. He's too old for a romper/onesie/whatever.
    How would you update Vulture's look, then?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think the MCU design would be too hard to draw on a consistent basis, but I think this would be a cool compromise:

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I liked his red and black armor

Fantastic Member

A thought... if Kraven is Taskmaster and Black Ants employer then there is one curious thing... when they supposedly went for the device, only to reveal that was never their goal, maybe it was the Lizard they were really interested in? Now this... Lizard and Vulture... both animal-themed villains... and Kraven IS a hunter... maybe he's trying for a new hunt?